SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
2018 Dodge Charger SRT Hellcat
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone done this mod or know someone who has??? I like the spacers they have and would like to check out the interchiller. It's basically the same thing they're doing on the Demon with re-routing the A/C to keep the IAT cooler, but this system looks like you can switch modes between Race Only and one that allows A/C in the car as well as cooling the IAT. I'd be interested in any information on shops that someone know that has done this mod so I can pick thier brains on pieces and parts I'd need to get this done.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2021 Durango Hellcat
6,029 Posts
Do a search, there's quite a few members that have used their products myself included. I've posted install pics and results.

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do a search, there's quite a few members that have used their products myself included. I've posted install pics and results.
Yeah, I saw some of your stuff on thier website. What would you recommend for starters on a 2018 Charger SRT Hellcat currently stock?

·
Registered
2021 Durango Hellcat
6,029 Posts
Just the blower spacers and thermal blanket. The Interchiller is a very advanced product and I wouldn't consider one until you're really drag racing a lot and have a lot more mods. Its not cheap.

Reactions: CatDaddyB5

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just the blower spacers and thermal blanket. The Interchiller is a very advanced product and I wouldn't consider one until you're really drag racing a lot and have a lot more mods. Its not cheap.
Cheap? Are we talking over $10k or a couple of thousand??? I live in a hot area where the temps get in the high 90's in the summer. I'd love the advantage of having a cooler IAT while running down the road and doing a little street shenanigans. I definately would do the spacers and thermal, it doesn't look like that much of a mod. I'd also like to do an E85 mod, but unfortunately that fuel is rare around here, but is getting more use. Any little bit of advantage would be nice. I think the biggest hinderance is finding a tuner I can trust in the area. I'm pretty rural. The closest "big" city is Greenville, SC. Atlanta is about 100 miles off and I have family there so I could do that road trip, but I'd like to have it somewhere I'm not driving 1.5 hours to get to and having to deal with the crazy assed Atlanta traffic.

·
Registered
2021 Durango Hellcat
6,029 Posts
Cheap? Are we talking over $10k or a couple of thousand??? I live in a hot area where the temps get in the high 90's in the summer. I'd love the advantage of having a cooler IAT while running down the road and doing a little street shenanigans. I definately would do the spacers and thermal, it doesn't look like that much of a mod. I'd also like to do an E85 mod, but unfortunately that fuel is rare around here, but is getting more use. Any little bit of advantage would be nice. I think the biggest hinderance is finding a tuner I can trust in the area. I'm pretty rural. The closest "big" city is Greenville, SC. Atlanta is about 100 miles off and I have family there so I could do that road trip, but I'd like to have it somewhere I'm not driving 1.5 hours to get to and having to deal with the crazy assed Atlanta traffic.
The stage 1 kit is a minimum of $1500 or so for the kit, prices fluctuate based on currency exchange rate, then you have to purge your AC system and refill with Y1234a which is about $400-500, then unless you plan to install it yourself which is quite a major job, you're looking at up to $2000 in labor. If you plan to go with the stage 2 kit, you can add $600-700 to that price.

If you're in SC, I recommend Injected Engineering in Kennesaw GA. That's who did all of my work. Top notch shop.

Reactions: CatDaddyB5
1 - 6 of 6 Posts