SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just didn’t realize I guess how many ppl can’t handle this car most likely due to like of either experience or skill or simply not being age-appropriate to drive that kind of power on the street they ended up wrecking it..
If at one location they have 100 plus wrecked hellcats plus rolling chassis’s for sale I can’t imagine how many are going to be left in 20yrs..although this place deals it seems in only wrecked high-performance cars..
It sad but still cool to flip and see the crashes dream about sticking the whole drivetrain in your project car is been sitting in the garage forever..it’s Clevelandpap.com

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
203 Posts
Those turn-key palletized assemblies are absolutely brilliant. Cleveland Power and Performance obviously knows how to sell drivetrains without the connection hassles that modern control systems present.
As to why cars get wrecked, it's the same as it's always been. Lots of reasons, and many have nothing to do with the car that got wrecked but more with the other driver. It's hardly worth thinking about. Some people can't drive a Kia, but it's irrelevant.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
while I agree cars no matter the type all have the same risk of becoming involved in a wreck for the same obvious reasons on a public road and not always the drivers fault..Agreed yes ppl who can’t drive also drive KIA’s which can also do 100mph I’m also in the mind set that there should be a additional license added for owners & operators of high-performance cars it would be no different than a motorcycle LIC or a CDL, although the major difference would be teaching how to regain control and how to drive it as it was intended..

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
905 Posts
Read the fine print: Driver mod not included.

And no, a day at Bondurant doesn't qualify.

The other thing is a lot of those appear to be theft recoveries. The fires may be insurance jobs. And clearly some of those cars were on the receiving end of bad motorists.

But, yeah - most people who buy these cars are talentless boobs.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Read the fine print: Driver mod not included.

And no, a day at Bondurant doesn't qualify.

The other thing is a lot of those appear to be theft recoveries. The fires may be insurance jobs. And clearly some of those cars were on the receiving end of bad motorists.

But, yeah - most people who buy these cars are talentless boobs.
to be honest I think most ppl can’t drive ,heck at least 75% don’t understand the left lane isn’t for driving it’s for passing only ,that’s my biggest pet peeve ..
.agree one day at rhat school won’t help much ,don’t think a whole weekend would either it’s not the right type of situations to compare or get ppl ready for 700jp on public roads...it’s directed more for competition although that’s how most of us who do have a racing back ground learned over decades and continue to learn till the day you stop..
I started at age 8 and I was racing 800hp cars before I ever had a drivers license which I didn’t get till I was 18...
What’s needed is a true street drivers school which teaches both defensive and offense driving in different environment like the wet, heavy rain ice ,and deliberately puts you in situations where the car becomes unstable to the point where you uncomfortable ,lose control and learn how to recover it.and become able to drive both directions while loosing control and recover at will..
teaching ppl to be smooth while following in a line is useless if your a no talented boob..
BMW,& discount tire I believe have a good drivers school which every driver should take..it was at the Houston police academy driving Academy last time..

·
Registered
2021 widebody Redeye Pitch Black.
803 Posts
^^^^ agreed!! 95% of people can't drive a Toyota Camry correctly. No turn signals, slow in left lane, busy texting, eating, reading books!!! Its nuts!! I think EVERYONE should have a mandatory driving class, just basics at least!!! Sorry, rant over.🌡

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
490 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
^^^^ agreed!! 95% of people can't drive a Toyota Camry correctly. No turn signals, slow in left lane, busy texting, eating, reading books!!! Its nuts!! I think EVERYONE should have a mandatory driving class, just basics at least!!! Sorry, rant over.🌡
It’s not a rant if it’s simply the truth ,heck look at how many crashes happened everyday ,we just don’t hear about them unless your name is So recognizable your spoken in one word terms,IE ,walker,90mph Ryan Dunn 130mph Lucas 90mph Arnold flew off a motorcycle and went through the windshield of a car with his chest probably hurt the car more than him, lol..
the above were driver eras ,While not related to no talented boobs on the street ,I just had to mention her simply due to the speed for which only planes should go..Jesse combs 440mph plus yeah ...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts