SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tesla got boring - no soul! Traded it into Vroom for $50,100

Vroom had the PERFECT spec Hellcat 2017 Charger - Bought for $52,000 with 10k miles

Can anyone tell what mods have been done to this?

Carfax is perfect, I plan on tracking it frequently.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,500 Posts
Easier question would be what mods werent done lol. lots of changes under your hood.

Reactions: Bill the 'cat

·
Registered
2017 Challenger HC 6M
150 Posts
Hey, don't want to burst your bubble or anything, but I just backed out of a Hellcat purchase this morning after a member pointed out that Vroom has a very checkered past. Not sure if you've already dealt with them purchasing before...but after what I've read, I couldn't put any faith in the quality of the vehicle that I'd get...even with a clear car fax.

I already have another deposit down on a hellcat at a dealer a few hours away.

Reactions: CameronFio11

·
Registered
2016 Bright White Challenger
787 Posts
Tesla got boring - no soul! Traded it into Vroom for $50,100

Vroom had the PERFECT spec Hellcat 2017 Charger - Bought for $52,000 with 10k miles

Can anyone tell what mods have been done to this?

Carfax is perfect, I plan on tracking it frequently. View attachment 569596 View attachment 569597 View attachment 569598
Carbon fuel rail covers, catch can idk what brand, strut brace looks like the one off speedlogix, green belt but stock pulley (hard to tell from cover but looks stick Diameter), leg maker intake. Standard mods for these. Double check the rotor thickness, theyre pricey to replace, min. Thickness you want is 29mm I think [someone correct if I'm wrong].

Keep those stripes well juiced with meguiars to keep them from drying out and looking bad. I had some on my car and took them off.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Carbon fuel rail covers, catch can idk what brand, strut brace looks like the one off speedlogix, green belt but stock pulley (hard to tell from cover but looks stick Diameter), leg maker intake. Standard mods for these. Double check the rotor thickness, theyre pricey to replace, min. Thickness you want is 29mm I think [someone correct if I'm wrong].

Keep those stripes well juiced with meguiars to keep them from drying out and looking bad. I had some on my car and took them off.
So not much done? Anything to void the warranty?

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here's what someone in another group thinks:

"Strut tower brace, catch can, breather, cold air intake, blower spacers, the SC belt was changed also looks like there might be a pulley on there. Also had the valve covers painted. Over 2 grand in mods sitting there so thats nice!"

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey, don't want to burst your bubble or anything, but I just backed out of a Hellcat purchase this morning after a member pointed out that Vroom has a very checkered past. Not sure if you've already dealt with them purchasing before...but after what I've read, I couldn't put any faith in the quality of the vehicle that I'd get...even with a clear car fax.

I already have another deposit down on a hellcat at a dealer a few hours away.
I bought the extended full coverage warranty, not really concerned since anything would be fixed from them.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Here's what someone in another group thinks:

"Strut tower brace, catch can, breather, cold air intake, blower spacers, the SC belt was changed also looks like there might be a pulley on there. Also had the valve covers painted. Over 2 grand in mods sitting there so thats nice!"
That blower isn't on spacers. Those valve covers are $400 carbon ones not paint, and the pulley looks like it has the stock cover, they just threw the better gates green belt on there. Nothing to void warranty to answer your other question (unless there's a p1400 code, then you have no warranty)

2015-2017 Challenger Hellcat Hydro Carbon Fuel Rail Covers Pair - SouthernCarParts.com here's the fuel rail covers.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

Was there any faded paint or discoloration when you took them off?

·
Registered
2017 Challenger HC 6M
150 Posts
I bought the extended full coverage warranty, not really concerned since anything would be fixed from them.
Awesome, Good luck!!! And that's the best color...exactly the color I'm trying to get.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Was there any faded paint or discoloration when you took them off?
I got lucky because my car is white, so the sun fade between the new paint (below the stripes) and the other areas wasn't horrible. Bought a buffer and some compound and did a paint correction because the lines were clear when it was early and dew was built up on top the car. It wasn't bad, taking them off the plastic bumpers was a nightmare. They look good on the charger just keep them for a while

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I got lucky because my car is white, so the sun fade between the new paint (below the stripes) and the other areas wasn't horrible. Bought a buffer and some compound and did a paint correction because the lines were clear when it was early and dew was built up on top the car. It wasn't bad, taking them off the plastic bumpers was a nightmare. They look good on the charger just keep them for a while
Ok, I'll keep them for a little and see how they hold up. Thanks!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
227 Posts
So not much done? Anything to void the warranty?
Pretty likely it's been tuned which is easily detected.
If you value your warranty I'd utilize Vroom's return policy. If you don't and were planning on modding anyway, you may have a head start.

Which Tesla model did you have?
I have a Redeye and a Tesla 3 performance. I do agree the Hellcat is way more interesting and fun to drive. More comfortable too. The Tesla is fun too in its own way, the performance and acceleration is so much more accessible and useable; the highway acceleration isn't nearly as impressive however.

Reactions: Bill the 'cat

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Pretty likely it's been tuned which is easily detected.
If you value your warranty I'd utilize Vroom's return policy. If you don't and were planning on modding anyway, you may have a head start.

Which Tesla model did you have?
I have a Redeye and a Tesla 3 performance. I do agree the Hellcat is way more interesting and fun to drive. More comfortable too. The Tesla is fun too in its own way, the performance and acceleration is so much more accessible and useable; the highway acceleration isn't nearly as impressive however.
I had a 2020 M3P - Wrapped in Nardo Gray which is why this one caught my eye. ICE are on the way out, I don't see why I'd accelerate that. I want to enjoy it while we have it!

Regarding warranty - Vroom sold me a 48k mile full coverage warranty on the car as-is for only $1,200.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
339 Posts
I see a cold air intake, a NOS fogger system and a T4 turbo Dominic. It has direct port nitrous, an AIC controller- And a stand alone fuel management system...Not a bad way to spend 10,000 dollars

In all seriousness, Welcome!.....That's a UPR catch can, everything else is listed in above comments. I would be wary of them getting things covered under a warranty given the mods, unless its their own. Enjoy and congrats!

Reactions: CatDaddyB5

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
114 Posts

How much are a separate set of both front and rear rotors usually?

I was thinking of adding a set of stripes on my car are they not worth it and too much of a PITA? Would be a shame since it makes the car look better with more detail.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
114 Posts
OP congrats on the car. Sometimes telsas like to roll up next to me wanting to race but I don't race on the streets. Are they faster than our cats??

1 - 20 of 56 Posts