SRT Hellcat Forum banner

Front end rattle that won't quit

5K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  Sharkey 
#1 ·
Hi there,

My '16 392 Charger has a front end rattle that is driving me mental.

I believe it started after carefully driving on a rutted road in VT - I had to go on this &^$#@! unpaved road.

The rattle is a very rapid, almost oscillating type of sound that occurs when hitting road imperfections while going slowly, up to 30 MPH or so. It *seems* like it's coming from either the suspension or even the firewall area, but it's really hard to pin down.

I did change the brake caliper clips - that wasn't the culprit.

The mechanic says the suspension seems to be tight.

If I can't find this darn rattle, I don't know if I can keep the car much longer. Advice is appreciated.

#4 ·
I have a buzz in my passenger side dash speaker. Drives me nuts and I have no idea how to get rid of it

#8 ·
I’ll look into mine, it sounds like it’s in the dash, but the thud sounds muffled, not as prominent as if it was in the dash area.

It’s still under warranty, so I been trying to look for it when I can, but not to the point to tear it apart. For warranty purposes... haha

#10 ·
It’s the bolts on the heat shield underneath the car. It’s not a big deal. When the car warms up and metal expands you shouldn’t hear it anymore. Mine does the same thing. The shield flexes on the bolt heads causing a rattle on mine over bumps in the road for the first 15min of driving... seems like it’s in the dash but it’s what I said prior.

#11 ·
Nope, mine does it at any time of the day, from driving the car from the driveway to across the state, if I hit a bump, I hear the rattle...

So far dealership has replaced full strut assembly/lower control arm/sway bar-stabilizer bushing struts.

The sound still persists

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.