SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently received my Hellcat from a dealer in a state where front plates are not used. I need to get the holder as I will be ultimately be registering my car in NJ. Can anyone assist ? any ideas ? I can easily make a bracket but I do not see any access to the area "behind" where the plate will go (for fastening the bracket to the car) ??

Thanks

Doc [email protected]

·
The Punisher
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,124 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,829 Posts
I would have figured it was in the trunk. My dealer was in Nebraska(I am not sure if they require a front plate or not) and I live in Wisconsin. I made it very clear to them to NOT put the plate on and to put in the trunk.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
953 Posts
Just keep the plate and the bracket in the trunk or back seat... when a cop pulls you over, just tell them you are on the way to the dealer to get it installed.

Fcuk front plates... (I used to live in a state that required it.) I just paid the fine... never put a front plate on my sports cars.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,911 Posts
Order the front plate bracket and send it to Fasty's Garage. He modifies it with military grade magnets, paints it to match the car (optional), and you can easily mount and remove it by just pulling it off (no holes). You get 4 magnets to mount behind the bumper. He also uses rubber edging to protect the paint. I had it on my last Challenger...I put it on when I'm parked, and take it off for driving and for shows. My new plate is there now getting modified.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
9 Posts
I recently received my Hellcat from a dealer in a state where front plates are not used. I need to get the holder as I will be ultimately be registering my car in NJ. Can anyone assist ? any ideas ? I can easily make a bracket but I do not see any access to the area "behind" where the plate will go (for fastening the bracket to the car) ??

Thanks

Doc [email protected]
This is kind of old, but I just discovered this forum. I've had a 2016 Hellcat Charger for a few months and it is awesome. One the front license plate mount, I went with the Sto-N-Sho. It uses existing holes in the bottom of the black part of the grill. Slides in and out very easily. Highly recommended if you haven't seen it already.

·
Super Moderator
Jeep GC Trackhawk
2,800 Posts
This is kind of old, but I just discovered this forum. I've had a 2016 Hellcat Charger for a few months and it is awesome. One the front license plate mount, I went with the Sto-N-Sho. It uses existing holes in the bottom of the black part of the grill. Slides in and out very easily. Highly recommended if you haven't seen it already.
FYI, you just replied to a thread that is over 2 years old.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Demon
836 Posts
Order the front plate bracket and send it to Fasty's Garage. He modifies it with military grade magnets, paints it to match the car (optional), and you can easily mount and remove it by just pulling it off (no holes). You get 4 magnets to mount behind the bumper. He also uses rubber edging to protect the paint. I had it on my last Challenger...I put it on when I'm parked, and take it off for driving and for shows. My new plate is there now getting modified.
I really like these guys too!

fasty's garage front plate - Bing video

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
423 Posts
Washington state requires the front plate... Neither of my beasts will ever have one... They'll have to give me jail time and even then I won't put them on! I would check all around for your bracket though if you insist on using it. Mine was in the trunk under the mat on the Charger... Just laying in the trunk on the Challenger.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Demon
836 Posts
Not a bad idea however I am betting continued on and off cycles will get you some nice scratches on your bumper. I like Big Mikes bracket better.
Nope, raised up off the bumper skin and the magnets have a covering to prevent scuffing.

I thought that was posted here but it may have been on Facebook.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Demon
836 Posts
the screws they used for mine are just that, screws
Are you referring to the Fasty's plate?

If so, how old is your unit? Not trying to defend these guys but what I saw looked impressive.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.