SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Front Skinnies or AAD wheel hop eliminator?

1257 Views 38 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  moparjim
Alright guys, last few things before hitting the track. So close I can smell the ignite. I鈥檓 running 17x10 f14 beadlocks with Mickey 315/50r17 radials. I have a diff brace. I installed rear cradle lockout. Looking at getting my matching 18x6 front runners for the car, or going with wheel hop eliminator kit from AAD (about the same money with tires). Passenger seat and rear seats will be out of the car, and that鈥檚 about all the weight I鈥檓 shaving off besides the weight difference in the rear drag setup, which isn鈥檛 much. What do you guys will net me better gains on the strip? Wheel hop eliminator, or front runners?
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

Administrator
Challenger SRT Hellcat
Can't speak to those guys running so called "stock" cars that have tunes, driveshafts,rotors, exhaust ECT, but yeah they're stock 馃ぃ馃ぃ馃え.
So should I presume that this is a shot at my car again. When I say on a stock car I am referring to my car before Nov 2021 when it was tuned. Yes It had an aluminum driveshaft in it then. Being a 2016 it is kind of mandatory if I don't want to tear up my car at the track. I didn't have the luxury of having a RE Drive shaft. I don't have exhaust work and use a stock air box with a dealer stock air filter in it.
I test on the same day same track and same lane as much as possible. Not weeks apart.
I can run in -1000' DA and run slower than another day at the same -1000' DA. So that is why I don't use different days as a comparison. Also when I compare I go back to the original set up to be sure that changing weather during the day isn't messing with my results. So if I can't run 3 passes then switch and run 3 passes and switch back and run another at least, then it isn't a test. I have started out with stock wheels and swapped to skinnies and done it the other way around.
@motorheadmike and @hpindy both know enough about my car to be able to tell you if I'm lying about it.
Since you had an issue with my 10.06 run this fall I will share that it ran 10.07 in the spring with less timing than the stock tune had due to crap winter pump gas here. Just a raised shift point, a slight drop in peak timing.
There is the secret to my modified car. No gears in the spring it has the rear seat in it and I have issues with removing weight.
One reason I wanted my car to stay stock was I knew even just a tune would make people act like it had pullies and a host of other things done.
No wonder I keep thinking of getting rid of it now.

Premium Member
10.22 @ 133 in Roomy Comfort (Stock as delivered, no tune of any kind, just tires)
Sorry your car is Not stock, can spin it anyway you want but it's been tuned, adjusting timing raising shift points has huge effect vs stock on these cars, your own numbers Prove that out unless of course your telling me that having 90+ less horsepower makes your car go faster than just about every other stock Red-eye on the planet, let alone more than half a second faster than stock Hellcats.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
If I remember correctly it was almost 50lbs savings from the stock wheels to dark stars and M&H fronts. I tried it on 3 occasions when my car was stock. Sure I could say hey look I gained a tenth and a half. In reality running 3 passes on stock fronts then switching to the skinnies for 3 or 4 passes and switching back for another pass or two. Has averaged out to about .08. I tried it this year once with 3passes then 3 passes and it was .08 on average.
One of the times when stock I didn't use as a comparison because I was having all kinds of issues with Cat over temp from the recall.
Is it a gain , sure but just not as much as some would have you believe. This of course is from my testing .
On a side note in one of my conversations with Simon (fasthemi) he mentioned to me that he came up with the same results.
almost a 10th is a lot when you鈥檙e at a certain level. And those 10ths start getting expensive and hard to come by

Administrator
Challenger SRT Hellcat
Sorry your car is Not stock, can spin it anyway you want but it's been tuned, adjusting timing raising shift points has huge effect vs stock on these cars, your own numbers Prove that out unless of course your telling me that having 90+ less horsepower makes your car go faster than just about every other stock Red-eye on the planet, let alone more than half a second faster than stock Hellcats.
I never said it IS stock. I said it WAS stock. So twist things however you want. You seam to have an issue with reading. I stated stock boost in my other post. You read it to be stock. This time I stated the results are from a stock car which is true as at the time of the tests it was "STOCK".
Yes it amazes me also that a car with a smaller blower and 90hp less can be the quicker car by just adding a tune to raise shift points just past the RE's and on 91 octane with a can of Octanium. So with that info you should know that there isn't a bunch of gains from any timing. As fuel is a huge limiting factor especially in the fall or spring with high aircharges that brings with it.
Fyi my car has well over 1000 passes on it when it was stock. I am at the track testing all the time.
My car has been modified for 12 months and it was stock for 49 months before that.
Or does that time get cancelled because now it is modified, so it is now considered modified since new.馃う
I had to show people my logs so they could see it only makes 10.8-11.6 psi depending on the DA. I also have popped the trunk to show even the factory compressor is in the trunk.
But I guess since I installed a rear seat delete kit in August of this year my car should now be considered gutted, and since new also?

Sorry my 11psi 707 Hellcat that now shifts almost at 6500 with a 2.62 gear gives a Stock RE , SuperStock or Demon a hard time at the track.

Back to the topic skinnies will help just possibly not as much as some experts say.

Administrator
Challenger SRT Hellcat
Play nice guys
I will when people stop accusing me of lying.
You can ask @hpindy,@motorheadmike ,@oilburner ,@DemonSRT ,@1REDEYE and others at the track. I do not hide anything.
I try to help everyone run as good as they can.
I also share as much as possible to show what can be done with very little.
Sorry if my info doesn't follow the normal narrative.
Isn't sharing info what we all are here for?

Registered
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Im sure its good but could definitely be better. Rear camber (and front) is pretty darn bad on these vehicles. Not to mention the reduced weight. I dont have the numbers on hand and too lazy to google it but if its 20lbs max thats still weight lost.
No way the arms save that much. I did save 50lbs with the front runners though

Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
I weighed the AAD parts against the stock parts when I installed them. It's in a video somewhere LOL. I remember them being lighter but stronger or weighing at least the same. I did skinnies first. After that started looking at rear suspension.

Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
There are much more effective ways to shave weight in these cars.

@moparjim , let the haters hate. The needle-dicks and never-rans aren't going to allow themselves to be convinced otherwise.

Premium Member
10.22 @ 133 in Roomy Comfort (Stock as delivered, no tune of any kind, just tires)
There are much more effective ways to shave weight in these cars.

@moparjim , let the haters hate. The needle-dicks and never-rans aren't going to allow themselves to be convinced otherwise.
Nice post tough guy.
Always heard Canadians were nice people, guess they have their Twats as well.

The point of thread was on a Stock Car, actually stock not stock except this or that, what would have the greater impact on his ET, and if wheelhop isn't an issue (which it's not for OP) then the skinnies would have the biggest effect.

Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
Nice post tough guy.
Always heard Canadians were nice people, guess they have their Twats as well.

The point of thread was on a Stock Car, actually stock not stock except this or that, what would have the greater impact on his ET, and if wheelhop isn't an issue (which it's not for OP) then the skinnies would have the biggest effect.
And I thought Americans had thicker skin... or is this just a you issue?

Administrator
Challenger SRT Hellcat
What is your malfunction? Is English not your first language?
Les informations que j'aie partager ont ete pris Quand mon vehichule n'etez pas encore modifies. C'est tu assez claire?
There I tried my best to be clear in French for you. Sorry for the spelling mistakes and accent errors in my French response.
I stated facts and shared info from testing from when my car W A S
S T O C K.
There I said it slower for ya.
Hopefully you catch on this time.馃う
Btw my car has gone 10.93 actually stock with no changes from showroom.
Not even tires. There were literary geniuses back then with stupid comments like "So what. I see Hellcats all the time running 10.8's with just drag radials at Cecil." 馃う
Maybe it's a geographical thing馃し.

I'm out and give up, have a nice day.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts