SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it looks like the old Pirellis are shot in the front. They seem to be the cause of the pulling.
With that said, what do you guys recommend as a front tire? I plan on commuting in this car and live in Texas where its either dry or rain hell.
I don't really want a super expensive tire because eventually I want to replace them all with a good set but, I dont want a cheap POS tire either.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
492 Posts
I use Continnental Extreme Contact Sport tires on my Hellcat for the street. It's a very good well rounded tire. I'd recommend those.

The next best option are the Michelin PS4S but a bit more pricey and probably something your not looking at if your on a budget.

However, you can't go wrong with the Conti ECS tires as they are pretty much nearly as good as the top tires like the PS4S.

· Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I use Continnental Extreme Contact Sport tires on my Hellcat for the street. It's a very good well rounded tire. I'd recommend those.

The next best option are the Michelin PS4S but a bit more pricey and probably something your not looking at if your on a budget.

However, you can't go wrong with the Conti ECS tires as they are pretty much nearly as good as the top tires like the PS4S.
I have heard those are really good. As long as they are a good daily tire. At 340 they are pricy and I might wait until later down the road I replace all tires to them.

· Registered
195 Posts
I would use an all season of continental extream contact or Michelin PS4S. You can choose something less expensive, but these two seem to offer the best traction and longevity. No sense in a summer tire up there…

note: contential is the lighter tire

· Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I would use an all season of continental extream contact or Michelin PS4S. You can choose something less expensive, but these two seem to offer the best traction and longevity. No sense in a summer tire up there…

note: contential is the lighter tire
What is the kind of mileage you can get out of them?

· Registered
195 Posts
What is the kind of mileage you can get out of them?
All season version(s), fronts only, I think they state 45k for Michelin and 50k for the Continental. Best to look that up validate (size and wear).

· Registered
609 Posts
I'll second the Conti ECS. Have them in 315 vs stock 275 though, so comparison a little skewed just due to width. Will say that breaking loose on the pirellis was way too easy after having ridden on the Contis. Again part of that was 315 vs 275 but still....

And yes I know you asked about fronts.

· Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'll second the Conti ECS. Have them in 315 vs stock 275 though, so comparison a little skewed just due to width. Will say that breaking loose on the pirellis was way too easy after having ridden on the Contis. Again part of that was 315 vs 275 but still....

And yes I know you asked about fronts.
I might just pick up some fronts of them for now since my rears have good life left in them and maybe replace the rears later. I don't know why but the last guy put 275-45's on the rear instead of 40s.

· Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well I guess Ill go see about getting the fronts some some continentals, and possibly later putting some on the rear and returning to the original rear tire size.

I got the car up and did an oil change today, I checked over everything to make sure there were any steering or front end issues, and it all looks great, just a few spots where the pain wore of some brake line shields so I sanded the corrosion and added some paint to protect it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts