SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On my 2015 and 2017 Charger I had to hit a button to release the fuel filler cap. But on the new 2020 HCWB you just push it to pop it out. To me that is a step backwards. That could make it easy for someone to just pour whatever in there. And no I don't think I have made anybody that mad but people these days are not the best. They get made because you have something they don't.

I was just curious if anybody else thought that was a bad idea

·
Registered
2015 Charger SRT Hellcat
1,867 Posts
Now see, I feel the opposite about my 2015. I forget to pop the button a lot, since all of my earlier cars could pop the door. My other cars locked the flapper door when the car was locked so no one could get in the tank.

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
10,786 Posts
I prefer the non button pop method. Less to fail years down the road. My in-laws have a Kia that the button just failed on. Really didn't want to pry and scratch up the paint while breaking something to open it. Thx to Google we found that there’s an access panel with a manual cable pull on the interior to open it. Would've been so much less of a hassle to just have a normal door. If someone wants in a screwdriver will pop it anyway. Glad the Challengers dont have that.

Reactions: OldMoparGuy

·
Registered
2021 Charger RedEye
204 Posts
On my 2015 and 2017 Charger I had to hit a button to release the fuel filler cap. But on the new 2020 HCWB you just push it to pop it out. To me that is a step backwards. That could make it easy for someone to just pour whatever in there. And no I don't think I have made anybody that mad but people these days are not the best. They get made because you have something they don't.

Casualty caused by the bean counters! They also cut out the rear arm reset in the Charger Hellcats I think after 2016 or 17. However they still have them in the 2 Door Challenger Hellcat. What kind of freaking since does that make? Cut them from the 4 door but keep them for the 2 door! 🤯
I cannot deal with the decisions from FCA and Stellantis today!
Lip Hand Eyebrow Mouth Eyelash

·
Registered
2015 Challenger SRT Hellcat M6
510 Posts

I just bought a locking fuel cap.
Cap Hat Finger Headgear Gadget

https://www.oreillyauto.com/detail/...ve-car-2015-dodge-challenger?q=fuel+cap&pos=3

Just add your year and model and the webpage will let you know if it will fit your Hellcat.

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
1,318 Posts
But on the new 2020 HCWB you just push it to pop it out. To me that is a step backwards. That could make it easy for someone to just pour whatever in there.
IIRC.....doesn't it lock/not open when the car is locked though, to prevent that?

·
Premium Member
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
IIRC.....doesn't it lock/not open when the car is locked though, to prevent that?
The newer Chargers do not lock at all. I'm just paranoid I guess but there are some really stupid people in the world.

I put my car into that O'Reilly's link and it doesn't fit my car. I did put one of those on my truck though

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
I bought a locking gas cap for my 16 Challenger, BIG piece of mind knowing that I’m the only one with access to the tank.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts