SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

· Have Guns Will Travel
2019 Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye - 2015 Challenger Hellcat
6,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do we get it off?

· The Doctor is IN!
Challenger SRT Hellcat
251 Posts
Heat gun on low and plastic pry tool. Hated that fuel sticker

· Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
12,103 Posts
Any heat gun and pry tool recommendations? I'll be happy to do a video demonstration for my first attempt ever

· Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,013 Posts
Will hair dryer work.? I don't have heat gun. Maybe hair straightener? :D Need that little sucker off for new badge.
Hair dryer should work fine. Might have to heat it longer but it's actually a lot safer. You can damage things (paint) with a heat gun if not careful. The heat from the blow dryer will soften the glue. Hold it in one spot dead center for about 30 seconds and then start moving it in circles a bit to heat up the badge and surrounding areas.

Another good method is do do it on a really hot day (of course this won't happen for a while). Park the car right in the sun, then use the blow dryer. Easier than you think!

Reactions: 630

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,071 Posts
On larger, longer emblems you can use fishing line to "cut" the emblem's glue tape (carefully). Use goo begone to remove residue.
An 80+ degree day with the emblem in the sun for an hour makes a *huge* difference but the logo is so small, a hairdryer gently heating will be fine.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,800 Posts
I can't even afford my car non the less pot crap on it!!!!! you luck peeps:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(;);)

· Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
394 Posts
A heat gun is best, but a hair dryer works very good. I have removed a lot of decals and "stick on junk" this way. Slow and gentle, works great.

Reactions: Paladin06

· Left Shark
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,141 Posts
Just remember people that this is the cover for the GAS cap...and both hair dryers and heat guns have glowing, red hot coils in them....

· Have Guns Will Travel
2019 Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye - 2015 Challenger Hellcat
6,651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Surprised at all the responses. Thanks all.;)

Reactions: 630

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
905 Posts
Can someone please post a pic of this sticker/emblem? I'd like to see what you're talking about.
Sincerely,
Don't yet have my HC

Reactions: Snappycat
1 - 20 of 65 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.