SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Does not get better than this
Challenger SRT Hellcat
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my hellcat 2016 has anybody had trouble with fuel odor on the inside when you stop at a red light.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
974 Posts
image.jpeg
No fuel smell on a 2015 whatsoever and I have a fuel rail recall that has yet to be performed for potential leaks. Fuel smell is not normal. Get it looked at. You don't want to wind up like this.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
183 Posts
I just got my hellcat 2016 has anybody had trouble with fuel odor on the inside when you stop at a red light.
Yes, same thing. Coming in through the dash vents, awful smell. Will be calling in for service. Afraid to even start it up right now.

·
Have Guns Will Travel
Challenger SRT Hellcat
6,304 Posts
View attachment 35822 No fuel smell on a 2015 whatsoever and I have a fuel rail recall that has yet to be performed for potential leaks. Fuel smell is not normal. Get it looked at. You don't want to wind up like this.
Somebody has a broken heart.

·
Does not get better than this
Challenger SRT Hellcat
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, same thing. Coming in through the dash vents, awful smell. Will be calling in for service. Afraid to even start it up right now.
I got mine fixed it was a bad fuel line took them 2days to fix it but I got my kitty back and everything is sweet.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
974 Posts
Trust your nose. Glad you got it fixed. Enjoy!

·
Hellcat, 1st Florida Cavalry
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,033 Posts
I got mine fixed it was a bad fuel line took them 2days to fix it but I got my kitty back and everything is sweet.
Glad you got that taken care of! Did they say where the fuel line was that caused the issue and offer any explanation as to why it took two days to rectify? Just very curious on this one...

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
3,651 Posts
search the forum, there was a recent thread on fuel odor.

I think it was cross--over line for feeding fuel rack it my memory hasn't completely failed.

·
Hellcat, 1st Florida Cavalry
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,033 Posts
search the forum, there was a recent thread on fuel odor.

I think it was cross--over line for feeding fuel rack it my memory hasn't completely failed.
Thanks Toolman_42...I'll check...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts