SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone put a switch in line with the fuel pump as a theft deterrent? I've done this on other cars. It's simple, cheap, and effective. Looking for a little help regarding wiring.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
606 Posts
Should be as simple as low voltage switch yes?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Just watched a Speedy‘s Garage video on the burnbox HC module. Liked it and was wondering how hard it would be to program in a fuel pump cut off into the steering wheel buttons???? That’d be a great addition to these devices. Hit a custom putt on sequence, fuel pump circuit off.... reverse it, pump on, starlet up..... Too bad Dodge won’t do it along with their 4 number pin code mod coming out.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
606 Posts
I would not personally want to do that as if it gets pushed on accident while driving......well you know what can happen

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
7,142 Posts
Another way is to put a switch in the brake light switch trigger wire, if the PCM doesn't get a signal that your foot is on the brake, then it won't start that way either.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
20 Posts
Another way is to put a switch in the brake light switch trigger wire, if the PCM doesn't get a signal that your foot is on the brake, then it won't start that way either.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
so maybe one could use one of the unused buttons where active cruise control goes on the right side of the steering wheel. Press brake only, no start. Press brake and one button, then start. Seems like a KISS method and workable In concept.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts