SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I'm not here to start a fuel war or anything and i tried searching and couldn't really find anything, so since i bought my car in june ive only put Shell 91 because 91 is the highest octane i can get in my area, I've always like shell but the shell i pump gas at in my little town only has this one shell and its now turned into a Sinclair which I've never heard of until now, the only other options here are some mini marts, an AM/PM, chevron which is the highest priced at $4.17 a gallon for 61 and a 76. i work in a bigger town and i usually try and fill up there but there is times i can't make it there so i have to fuel up in my town, i was just wondering you guys have had problems pumping other brands other than Shell and Chevron since those seem to be the "top tier" brands everyone chooses

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
753 Posts
I fill up at Sams club which has 93 in all
My vehicle. They run just fine. You will have people tell you they get 50 hp just from using a certain fuel. All fuel comes from the same pipelines. Some just add a few more chemicals. You’ll be fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I fill up at Sams club which has 93 in all
My vehicle. They run just fine. You will have people tell you they get 50 hp just from using a certain fuel. All fuel comes from the same pipelines. Some just add a few more chemicals. You’ll be fine

that is true, i work at a chemical plant and one of the drivers there delivers to oil refineries and he's seen trucks pick up fuel a chevron and deliver to valero, but he used drive fuel for a company and he also said some of the smaller gas stations and even AM/PM would over order 87 and would have the drivers put the extra in the 91 fuel tanks so thats what worries me.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
753 Posts
that is true, i work at a chemical plant and one of the drivers there delivers to oil refineries and he's seen trucks pick up fuel a chevron and deliver to valero, but he used drive fuel for a company and he also said some of the smaller gas stations and even AM/PM would over order 87 and would have the drivers put the extra in the 91 fuel tanks so thats what worries me.
Hard to say what some small stations do but I would think if they ever got caught they would be facing some huge fines.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah he told me he would refuse to do it, but there was drivers that would do it because they would give them money or give them free stuff from the store and it want always small mini Marts I guess it was all on who owned the gas station
Hard to say what some small stations do but I would think if they ever got caught they would be facing some huge fines.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,267 Posts
I try to get my fuel at the highest turnover top tier in my area...my case is Costco Gas.

Reactions: dcpatters

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
8 Posts
Ok so I'm not here to start a fuel war or anything and i tried searching and couldn't really find anything, so since i bought my car in june ive only put Shell 91 because 91 is the highest octane i can get in my area, I've always like shell but the shell i pump gas at in my little town only has this one shell and its now turned into a Sinclair which I've never heard of until now, the only other options here are some mini marts, an AM/PM, chevron which is the highest priced at $4.17 a gallon for 61 and a 76. i work in a bigger town and i usually try and fill up there but there is times i can't make it there so i have to fuel up in my town, i was just wondering you guys have had problems pumping other brands other than Shell and Chevron since those seem to be the "top tier" brands everyone chooses

I am fortunate in my town Shell 93 no alcohol is available. At some stations it is labeled “Recreational Use”, that is what I use it for.

For those that don’t know, the following is from the owners manual:

These engines are designed to meet all emissions regulations, provide optimal fuel economy and performance when using high-quality unleaded “Premium” gasoline having a posted octane number of 91 as specified by the (R+M)/2 method. The use of 91 or higher octane “Premium” gasoline is required in these engines. While operating on gasoline with the required octane number, hearing a light knocking sound from the engine is not a cause for concern. However, if the engine is heard making a heavy knocking sound, see your dealer immediately.

Use of gasoline with a lower than recommended octane number can cause engine failure and may void or not be covered by the New Vehicle Limited Warranty.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
194 Posts
I was lucky when I had my Charger. We have a 76 that has a pump with 100 octane Sunoco race fuel. $9.99/gal I would add 5 gallons and then fill up with 91 at Costco. What a difference it would make. Like going from the black key fob to the red key fob al over again.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
788 Posts
As long as it's 91 octane should be no problem. I typically use Shell 91 in my area. Then will settle for Union 76, then Chevron. I would never put Arco gas in the Hellcat, Costco gas is for the wife's Honda. :)

Reactions: raff661

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
618 Posts
FYI, Costco fuel is labeled as top tier, which is trucked in from Western Refining in my state. Western Refining serves AZ, CA, CO, MN, NV, NM, TX, UT, WI and is a subsidiary of Marathon Petroleum.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
764 Posts
I have only twice ever not used Shell 93 but I would not be mad if I had to use Chevron with Techron, or Sunoco. However I know some boys in the hills here in Virginia that make some stuff that will make your Hellcat run real good.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
764 Posts
I was lucky when I had my Charger. We have a 76 that has a pump with 100 octane Sunoco race fuel. $9.99/gal I would add 5 gallons and then fill up with 91 at Costco. What a difference it would make. Like going from the black key fob to the red key fob al over again.
Even without any mods or anything? No tune for the increased bang?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
618 Posts
We didn’t have any issues without any custom tunes mixing race fuel from the pump at 76 with chevron in our 2014 Viper but it sure gave me cylinder misfires which shut down one of the cylinders in my 2012 SLK.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
194 Posts
Even without any mods or anything? No tune for the increased bang?
I had no performance mods and could definitely tell the difference.

Reactions: HellishCat
1 - 20 of 20 Posts