SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me preface this by telling you guys what I am installing on the car. I am putting in the blower spacer kit, new fuel injectors, and the hellraiser pulley.

I got a little carrier away with disassembling the engine bay not thinking about the fuel injectors and how the fuel system will still be pressurized. I would normally just follow the procedure outlined in the hellraiser pulley install instructions (removing the fuel relay in the fuse box, starting the car and letting it flush the system until it stalls out) however I have already removed the supercharger belt, the engine belt, the air intake, and all the little connectors that plug into the supercharger.

My question is, can I still remove the fuel relay fuse and try to start the car to release the pressure in the fuel system or do I have to reconnect everything and get the belts put back on to do this safely? Or would you guys just say **** it at this point and take the hose off that connects to the fuel rail and put rags down hoping to catch all the fuel that comes out?

Trying to avoid hurting the motor or getting fuel all over the engine bay. Sorry if this is a stupid question or not but engine mods are a new ballpark for me and it seems like a pain in the ass to put the engine belt back on with the snout in the way.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
278 Posts
You won’t hurt the motor. When you pull the rails up just make sure the injectors are are still captured on the top side as nothing will leak out the bottom of the injector. Remove one injector at a time with a clean shop towel underneath where you are working and keep the rail tilted up from the front of the rail so the fuel drains back. I usually lay some long on the top of the blower (I use a piece of an old hockey stick to keep the rail tilted back while I work. It shouldn’t be too bad. I’ve done it this way 3 times.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You won’t hurt the motor. When you pull the rails up just make sure the injectors are are still captured on the top side as nothing will leak out the bottom of the injector. Remove one injector at a time with a clean shop towel underneath where you are working and keep the rail tilted up from the front of the rail so the fuel drains back. I usually lay some long on the top of the blower (I use a piece of an old hockey stick to keep the rail tilted back while I work. It shouldn’t be too bad. I’ve done it this way 3 times.
Appreciate it! I'll try it out this weekend.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
278 Posts
Appreciate it! I'll try it out this weekend.
No problem and good luck! Let me know if you have any other questions. Also don't forget to lube the o-rings of the injectors with a light coating of fresh oil before trying to install. I pour a little into a cap and coat with a q-tip.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Just wrap a rag AROUND whatever you pull first as it sprays everywhere for like half a second at most, depending on when you ran it last. Then continue as normal.
Prepare to smell like gasoline.

Edit: Fuel will come out no matter which way you go about it.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,429 Posts
I didn't depressurize mine when I removed my injectors, just some shop towels underneath each injector as I removed them from the rail, you get a little fuel leak but its not much.

Reactions: DZ95
1 - 6 of 6 Posts