SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can't recall if I gave a shout-out to RPM for their work on my roll cage here on hellcat.org. phenomenal work by these guys thank goodness they are local to me drop it off pick it up.

Attachments

·
Registered
99 Posts
Wow that's nice. Are there any issues with the side air bags and other safety devices that come stock on the car? I thought I read something about once you put in a roll cage (or even a roll bar?) that there's an issue with that? But I have no idea, so thought I'd ask.

Also, did the shop weld the mounting plates to the floor or did they just bolt them in?

And what method are you using to attach the racing harness to the bar/car?

I am working on a roll bar for my 07 Mustang and will use a bracket that bolts to the two rear seat bolts on the floor and so that would be the attachment point for the lap belt and anti-submarine belts. I will weld tabs to the roll bar for the two other belts. Also, have to figure out a way to keep the shoulder belts from not spreading apart since I am probably using my stock seats.

Thanks!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow that's nice. Are there any issues with the side air bags and other safety devices that come stock on the car? I thought I read something about once you put in a roll cage (or even a roll bar?) that there's an issue with that? But I have no idea, so thought I'd ask.

Also, did the shop weld the mounting plates to the floor or did they just bolt them in?

And what method are you using to attach the racing harness to the bar/car?

I am working on a roll bar for my 07 Mustang and will use a bracket that bolts to the two rear seat bolts on the floor and so that would be the attachment point for the lap belt and anti-submarine belts. I will weld tabs to the roll bar for the two other belts. Also, have to figure out a way to keep the shoulder belts from not spreading apart since I am probably using my stock seats.

Thanks!
It's plate bolted so it can be removed a little easier. The lap belt also has a plate sandwich bolted system underneath the seat. The harness is attached the welded tabs. Not sure if you could see here in this attached picture cars in the shop getting some exhaust work done so I can't snap a pic currently

Attachments

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,954 Posts
Hey Hellbilly that looks nice... that is some very nice work. Just curious did they have an option to bend the front bar (lower portion) forward? With my size 12's I'd fall flat on my face trying to get out!

Reactions: Hellbillydelux

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Hellbilly that looks nice... that is some very nice work. Just curious did they have an option to bend the front bar (lower portion) forward? With my size 12's I'd fall flat on my face trying to get out!
That is the best we could do without compromising the dash per NHRA. I totally hear what you're saying LOL I guess I'm lucky I'm only 5 8 and size 9 and 1/2 :)

·
Registered
99 Posts
Hey could you post some pics from outside the car, with the doors closed etc., so we can see what it looks like from the outside? It looks to be about as stealth as a roll cage can look.

·
Registered
58 Posts
I'm not sure how much you street drive that thing but if you ever got into an accident without a helmet even a 10 mph Fender bender could result it some serious head injuries. Look into some padding anywhere your head may hit.

Looks great BTW.
Where is the chute throw going?

Bickel race cars sell a carbon fiber overlay that will protect the door bars and looks mint.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Hey could you post some pics from outside the car, with the doors closed etc., so we can see what it looks like from the outside? It looks to be about as stealth as a roll cage can look.
yeah I might have one or two I'll try and look if not I can do it when the car gets back from having the exhaust work done

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I'm not sure how much you street drive that thing but if you ever got into an accident without a helmet even a 10 mph Fender bender could result it some serious head injuries. Look into some padding anywhere your head may hit.

Looks great BTW.
Where is the chute throw going?

Bickel race cars sell a carbon fiber overlay that will protect the door bars and looks mint.

Yes this isn't my first street car with a roll cage very familiar with potential for injury. I haven't finished putting the padding in as I need to order a couple of the short sets as I've had in my other car. But also don't forget eating a peanut in the wrong mannerr can result in your death also.

This is what i use and all my street cars with cages.

Attachments

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
34 Posts
I had their 6-point cage in my 2015 Hurst Challenger. Loved it! I have a 6-point in my Petty Hellcat installed at Petty's Garage.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts