SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone here run a 20" wheel up front and 17/18" drag radial in the back full time? I'm thinking about doing this to not have to worry about having two sets of tires and just keeping the oem wheels for dyno time

·
Premium Member
757 Posts
The replacement cost would be a concern of mine. Seems I’m already replacing my DR’s every season. If you not drive a lot might be worth it

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The replacement cost would be a concern of mine. Seems I’m already replacing my DR’s every season. If you not drive a lot might be worth it
I definitely dont drive my cat every day, he's more of a couple days a week driver, or when there's a nice day during winter, which I dont need to worry about too much living in TX

·
Registered
70 Posts
I did for a while when the car was almost 100% stock, but I stopped because the car started to feel less powerful to me (since it was gripping, it wasn't sliding around like the overpowered rwd car it is on street tires).

Now that the car is modified, I'm kinda worried about breaking the driveshaft if I put them back on

·
Registered
315 Posts
I definitely dont drive my cat every day, he's more of a couple days a week driver, or when there's a nice day during winter, which I dont need to worry about too much living in TX
I was just wondering what size and brand of tire your running on the rear. I have m/t street R on some 18 in wheels, really bite good at the track but don’t want to run on them all the time. So I would like to find a drag tire I could run all the time. I have some m/t street comps and are no better than stock tires. I am thinking of m/t street s/s or the nitto 305/35 /20 I only drive 5 6 thousand miles a year. Does any body have any advise. Thanks

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
Resized_20190614_101045.jpeg
this is how I drive on the street.315 50r17 in back.not my daily driver.the pzeros are zero traction for me on the street.i don't like going sideways all the time when I get on it.dont drive it in the rain,and could not imagine if I did not have them.only on week ends,but when the pedal goes down on the track and the street they hook!! 1.48 60ft 10.47 130 no mods just tires!

·
Registered
315 Posts
View attachment 546515 this is how I drive on the street.315 50r17 in back.not my daily driver.the pzeros are zero traction for me on the street.i don't like going sideways all the time when I get on it.dont drive it in the rain,and could not imagine if I did not have them.only on week ends,but when the pedal goes down on the track and the street they hook!! 1.48 60ft 10.47 130 no mods just tires!
View attachment 546515 this is how I drive on the street.315 50r17 in back.not my daily driver.the pzeros are zero traction for me on the street.i don't like going sideways all the time when I get on it.dont drive it in the rain,and could not imagine if I did not have them.only on week ends,but when the pedal goes down on the track and the street they hook!! 1.48 60ft 10.47 130 no mods just tires!
Are these tires Mickey Thomas street SS or Nitto 315.

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
I'm using the same tire as you. I'd love to have your rear wheels! Who made them for you?
Triumph wheels, there custom made he has sold quite a few pairs if up ur looking for inexpensive it'd not these.you can call triumph speak to bizmark,there called the dx5.i also had the bead nurling done to provent sliping

·
Registered
256 Posts
You had custom slingshots made in 18"?
A guy in the FB Hellcat & Demon group had 4 wheels custom made by Alcoa several years ago to match the stock 20" wheels for his Dad's car. For reasons unknown to me, he didn't end up using them. Sold two to a guy name Chris Fueling and I bought the other pair.

David

·
Premium Member
6,365 Posts
A while back I had 20's up front and a set of 18 Welds with Nitto's 555's for Dragracing and many times drove home with the setup.
But my husband would put the 20's back on. His thoughts if you were going to drag race to have a seperate set.
Personally I had been caught in the rain and don't like finessing dragradials, but that's me.
Many guys have posted about using Drag radials on their daily drivers, they like the hard launching.

Linda :)

·
Registered
175 Posts
The Nitto 555R is a great tire for daily driving, and works well in the rain when the tread is still there.
It does not hook like an M/T by any means, but, its a huge improvement over a standard street tire.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Does anyone here run a 20" wheel up front and 17/18" drag radial in the back full time? I'm thinking about doing this to not have to worry about having two sets of tires and just keeping the oem wheels for dyno time
In stead of worrying about burning through a set of DR's on smaller wheels and street driving?? You might want to try the PZero Summer version 295x40x20. I run them all around and they being taller/wider than the burn down 275's the 295's really tame traction and put the power down to the ground. They fit fine and still maintain the Y speed rating which was my biggest concern along with replacement costs. My oem "all weather" 275's lasted me 1,800 miles before I went to the 295's. Even with the Petty 1,000hp package on my 2016 HC it is very controllable and planted now. I have also permanently disabled the Traction Control because I can. This is the perfect set up for me. This is a 1/4 mile run I made before the Petty Mods.
Stock 1/4 Mile Run 275's

·
Premium Member
459 Posts
In stead of worrying about burning through a set of DR's on smaller wheels and street driving?? You might want to try the PZero Summer version 295x40x20. I run them all around and they being taller/wider than the burn down 275's the 295's really tame traction and put the power down to the ground. They fit fine and still maintain the Y speed rating which was my biggest concern along with replacement costs. My oem "all weather" 275's lasted me 1,800 miles before I went to the 295's. Even with the Petty 1,000hp package on my 2016 HC it is very controllable and planted now. I have also permanently disabled the Traction Control because I can. This is the perfect set up for me. This is a 1/4 mile run I made before the Petty Mods.
Stock 1/4 Mile Run 275's
i guess for everybody its different, different power levels different driving conditions,i have the 305 35 20 in perelli summers from factory they do not hook any were on street or track ,if im doing 50mph and stom on it , the car is side ways. i drive on the street with my mickey thompson 315 50r 17 and i dont have to worry if im going to wreck when i hit the gas. for me i need drag radials all the time ,or i cant get on this car.just out today on the street had to put the zeros back on for n.y. inspection. on the way home had to baby it or i was side ways.i like your dogs!!!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts