SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently purchased a set of Quatrac 5's, ive never heard of this brand and didn't know anything about them. They had remarkably better rating compared to the P Nero All Seasons that came with the car. It snowed in Chicago and got stuck 4 times in 2 days in my alley and that was it. I wasn't able to even get in my driveway on the P Nero, which currently has a layer of thick ice with hard snow on top. (photos below) While driving on the roads these tires didn't bust loose until 3500 RPM in the cold (4 degrees) and regained grip after loosing traction for a few seconds. Braking, and steering is significantly better and the car feels planted even on the cold and wet roads in chicago. Overall, these tire blow away the P Nero. My P Nero only had 7.5k miles on them, and i didn't want to buy new tire so soon but im glad i did. These tire were able to handle all the roads without a problem, and you didn't feel like you were going to loose control. Even took a turn at 30 mph and didn't slip.

The photos are below to show the road and conditions i was driving in, so you guys have some sort of visual of what i was driving through. Also, made a video of my alley to show you guys more detail. There is also a video of a launch on went roads to show how well these gripped compared to he P Nero. I would say my alley was the largest overall improvement, i was able to get grip, and reverse in my into my parking spot without of problem, and the alley is covered by a thick layer of ice, with hard snow on top of it.

I would recommend these tires for anyone who lives in a similar climate as chicago and uses there Charger SRT as a daily driver.

Cant wait to see how these tires hold up in the summer, very excited!

Attachments

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
39 Posts
Great to hear it. It seems we are missing out on snow this time over here but glad they work so well in snowy conditions. Lets see how they perform in summer conditions this year. Keep it up!

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
84 Posts
Thanks for the review. How is road noise with these? Still liking them in the snow?

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
39 Posts
albi, how did you like the Quatrac in the summer? They released the successor model Quatrac Pro over here. I will upgrade to that one next spring. Can you get in Chicago as well?

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
albi, how did you like the Quatrac in the summer? They released the successor model Quatrac Pro over here. I will upgrade to that one next spring. Can you get in Chicago as well?
They were awesome in the summer! in the rain they were sticking very well! much better than factory P Zeros, also took them on the track a few weeks ago when it was about 50 degrees outside and the track was wet, handled very well! Very impressed overall with this tire! We just now have the new version i have about 10K on these tires and when they need to be replaced i will replace them with the new version 100%.

I would recommend these to anyone who wants to drive SRT in the winter or all year round, great option!

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
39 Posts
Great to hear it. I'm also very happy with this tire and eager to try out the Pro model next year. Will let you know. Drive safely! Cheers

1 - 6 of 6 Posts