SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was setting up my garage door buttons and in the manual it kept saying the DID will show "channel trained", "cleared",etc. I never seen anything in the DID. Do I need to have it on a certain page in the DID or what??? I got the button programmed but never seen any messages.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
41 Posts
I just ignored the fact that it was supposed to have the display followed procedure and it works......It is frustrating though when you take the time to read the instructions and it doesnt work out as described

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
12,103 Posts
I was setting up my garage door buttons and in the manual it kept saying the DID will show "channel trained", "cleared",etc. I never seen anything in the DID. Do I need to have it on a certain page in the DID or what??? I got the button programmed but never seen any messages.
Yeah I just checked for the blinking on the pad. The screen never came up for me

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee Trackhawk
1,169 Posts
Interesting. No blinking pad, and no success. Canadian car. I've programmed the other SRT's I've had without issue.

Car off, ignition in run position. Depress console button and remote until door opens completely. No joy.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
12,103 Posts
Interesting. No blinking pad, and no success. Canadian car. I've programmed the other SRT's I've had without issue.

Car off, ignition in run position. Depress console button and remote until door opens completely. No joy.
The instructions say to hold a button or button 1 and 3 at same time for 10 seconds I believe. Don't have the manual with me at the moment. I used my other garage remote on my keychain and it worked within a few seconds

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee Trackhawk
1,169 Posts
The instructions say to hold a button or button 1 and 3 at same time for 10 seconds I believe. Don't have the manual with me at the moment. I used my other garage remote on my keychain and it worked within a few seconds
1&3 together for 20 seconds or so to "reset" the system, which I did. Then program as I described. Again, no light during either operation

·
Premium Member
Charger SRT Hellcat
394 Posts
I followed the inst. in the manual, did 3 doors, all worked the first time, no problems.

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee Trackhawk
1,169 Posts

·
Registered
2,198 Posts
Well it is Canadian, don't you have to keep saying things like "oh excuse me for pressing your buttons" or :"thank you for allowing me to manipulate you in this manner". Have you tried that?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
302 Posts
Well it is Canadian, don't you have to keep saying things like "oh excuse me for pressing your buttons" or :"thank you for allowing me to manipulate you in this manner". Have you tried that?
I don't say that I'm fluent in Canadian but I think the correct prOnunciation is: Well it is Canadian, don't you have to keep saying things like "oh excuse me for pressing your buttons, eh" or :"thank you for allowing me to manipulate you in this manner, eh". Have you tried that?

·
Registered
Grand Cherokee Trackhawk
1,169 Posts
I don't say that I'm fluent in Canadian but I think the correct prOnunciation is: Well it is Canadian, don't you have to keep saying things like "oh excuse me for pressing your buttons, eh" or :"thank you for allowing me to manipulate you in this manner, eh". Have you tried that?
My bad, thanks dH for the correction. Pronunciation could be the key, eh
Sigh. Just so we're perfectly clear, not all Canadian's use "eh" when they speak. Just like not all American's use "y'all" or "all y'all" when they speak. ;)

Yeah, it worked for me. As others noted, no DID indication. I'm just using button one for my single 20 ft wide (double) door.
I'll keep trying. It's just a bit strange

·
Registered
2022 Charger Jailbreak
159 Posts
I'll try your directions. My concern is, the Homelink light never lights up.
Try clearing the HomeLink system. That worked for me as specified in the manual, excerpted below in quotes. The little red light should flash. If not, then that is a warranty repair issue by itself.

"To erase the channels place the ignition in the ON/RUN position and push and hold the two outside HomeLink® buttons (I and III) for up 20 seconds or until the red indicator flashes."

Good luck!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.