SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are redoing our garage currently. I am interested in flooring and am shying away from epoxy for mutiple reasons. Has anyone used Racedeck or similiar tiling for their floor. Any advice from you all would be great. Any feeling about solid vs open tiles? I really like the freeflow, but my wife is worried about dirt and debris piling up under the tiles....

Matt

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,682 Posts
I love my epoxy have in the my garage and shop holds up to me working on cars

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
327 Posts
I love my epoxy have in the my garage and shop holds up to me working on cars
Agree. I live in AZ and at first had the tan epoxy, which was kind of tough to keep clean. I went with a red/black speckled mix second time around and mops up really nice and looks pretty clean most of time. Had this color for 7-8 years now with no problem.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,682 Posts
Yes can't do the cheep stuff won't last

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
36 Posts
I installed a product called GarageDeck (probably same company that makes RaceDeck) back in 2010. Very easy to install, very sturdy, very easy to keep clean, and it looks sharp. I went with solid 12x12 textured interlocking tiles. The only issue I have run into is expansion of the tiles in direct sunlight. Garage faces west and in hot summer afternoons (if garage door is open) the tiles can expand quite a bit in direct sunlight. I followed the instructions in terms of leaving 3/4" gap at the walls, but I think another 1/4" to 1/2" would do the trick.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have read that the prep for epoxy can be a bit much to do well (ie. diamond grind existing concrete). Did you guys do your own epoxy or have it professionally installed?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I installed a product called GarageDeck (probably same company that makes RaceDeck) back in 2010. Very easy to install, very sturdy, very easy to keep clean, and it looks sharp. I went with solid 12x12 textured interlocking tiles. The only issue I have run into is expansion of the tiles in direct sunlight. Garage faces west and in hot summer afternoons (if garage door is open) the tiles can expand quite a bit in direct sunlight. I followed the instructions in terms of leaving 3/4" gap at the walls, but I think another 1/4" to 1/2" would do the trick.
Thanks... I am leaning towards this...

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
222 Posts
Garage Automobile repair shop Property Transport Vehicle
I have read that the prep for epoxy can be a bit much to do well (ie. diamond grind existing concrete). Did you guys do your own epoxy or have it professionally installed?
I had my done by a professional just so I can get the commercial grade epoxy and make sure the prep work was done properly. My garage is approx. 23x26 feet and it cost me 1100.00. The prep work is the most important part to insure the epoxy sticks properly. If you want it to last, spend the extra $ now. You will regret it when epoxy peels after a couple of years and it is twice as hard to repair.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
327 Posts
View attachment 3289
I had my done by a professional just so I can get the commercial grade epoxy and make sure the prep work was done properly. My garage is approx. 23x26 feet and it cost me 1100.00. The prep work is the most important part to insure the epoxy sticks properly. If you want it to last, spend the extra $ now. You will regret it when epoxy peels after a couple of years and it is twice as hard to repair.
same with me and about same cost. The first tan epoxy I did, only lasted about 4-5 years and it started to peal in some places. The crew that did it this time acid washed the existing surface (don't think they had to do any sanding) and the new coating has been wonderful.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
222 Posts
View attachment 3289
Floor Flooring Property Asphalt Room

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
222 Posts
same with me and about same cost. The first tan epoxy I did, only lasted about 4-5 years and it started to peal in some places. The crew that did it this time acid washed the existing surface (don't think they had to do any sanding) and the new coating has been wonderful.
The guys that did mine sanded the entire floor. I think the main purpose is to remove any oil stains that is on floor so epoxy bonds. All I know is it was worth every penny. The dust in the garage is so minimal now and it is easy to clean.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Those look really nice. Going to get some quotes and make my final decision after some construction is completed.

Matt

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,449 Posts
I used the cheap Rustoleum epoxy floor paint about 9 years ago.

My cars only see non winter driving, but my wife's car comes in with salt on it. On her side the paint has peeled in a few spots. My side still looks good. I am trying to convince her to park outside in the winter but she is not having it!

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
1 Posts
Hi this is my first post to the forum i dont know if anyone is interested but i do have an srt brand connecting garage floor tiling set for a 2-3 car garage if anyone is interested its very rare and came wirh the first shipment of vipers 2 dodge dealerships feel free to pm or email me [email protected] feel free to ask any questions

·
Registered
In The Market
118 Posts
We are redoing our garage currently. I am interested in flooring and am shying away from epoxy for mutiple reasons. Has anyone used Racedeck or similiar tiling for their floor. Any advice from you all would be great. Any feeling about solid vs open tiles? I really like the freeflow, but my wife is worried about dirt and debris piling up under the tiles....

Matt
I used Racedeck this spring. If you go to their website you can build your own pattern and they will send you samples of the colors that you chose. I am very happy and impressed with the product. Crazy easy to clean and very strong and sturdy. Jacked up my GC SRT and it left no indents in the tile. Under the tiles is a diamond pattern that lets water flow with the slope of the floor. I did not choose the freeflow as I didn't want the concrete dust to come up through the tiles. Currently it is minus 30 degrees Celsius and the floor is taking it like a champ. My wife, daughter and I installed the floor in 2 hours. 600 square feet.

On a side note if you become a member at garagejournal.com and mention that to race deck you get a very nice discount. Well worth it!

Attachments

·
Tri-State Overlord
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,157 Posts
I used Racedeck this spring. If you go to their website you can build your own pattern and they will send you samples of the colors that you chose. I am very happy and impressed with the product. Crazy easy to clean and very strong and sturdy. Jacked up my GC SRT and it left no indents in the tile. Under the tiles is a diamond pattern that lets water flow with the slope of the floor. I did not choose the freeflow as I didn't want the concrete dust to come up through the tiles. Currently it is minus 30 degrees Celsius and the floor is taking it like a champ. My wife, daughter and I installed the floor in 2 hours. 600 square feet.

On a side note if you become a member at garagejournal.com and mention that to race deck you get a very nice discount. Well worth it!
How much did it cost? I've got to cover about half of what you did.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,255 Posts
Hi this is my first post to the forum i dont know if anyone is interested but i do have an srt brand connecting garage floor tiling set for a 2-3 car garage if anyone is interested its very rare and came wirh the first shipment of vipers 2 dodge dealerships feel free to pm or email me [email protected] feel free to ask any questions
My dealer has committed to giving me the same type of SRT interlocking floor tile kit of which you speak when the dealership is no longer required by FCA SRT to keep it. It is black with a cool silver SRT logo on it. Right now, it sits in a corner of their service area and only occasionally is a car parked on it when they run out of space. I look forward to moving it into my garage. I can vouch for this item, it is rare and way cool!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,869 Posts
i did the Menards Epoxy myself years ago---cant remember the brand name, but it was a major brand name....my garage floor was spauling badly in 1 area and i wanted to hide it........i preped it perfectly...waited for the perfect humidity...did everything right.....it started coming off within 6 months where the tired rode.....evententally it looked to bad i decided to tear up the whole floor and have it redone when i got my new driveway...it was only $1500 more....i like plain concrete now

i put a sheet of plastic under the car to keep the moisture from rising under it....my garage is also heated

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.