SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack.
2,542 Posts
Do not recall any gas pedal having any real side movement. 'course, I never tried to move the pedal sideways with my foot just pressed straight down.

Based on my experience I'd say it is not normal. Could be the pedal or pedal hardware -- hinge/pivot -- has experienced excessive wear or even suffered from a mechanical failure.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do not recall any gas pedal having any real side movement. 'course, I never tried to move the pedal sideways with my foot just pressed straight down.

Based on my experience I'd say it is not normal. Could be the pedal or pedal hardware -- hinge/pivot -- has experienced excessive wear or even suffered from a mechanical failure.
Can you please try taking your hand and move gas pedal lightly side to side ? I was cleaning the pedals and noticed it . Did not notice while driving at all. And it has the metal covers on the pedal

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can you please try taking your hand and move gas pedal lightly side to side ? I was cleaning the pedals and noticed it . Did not notice while driving at all. And it has the metal covers on the pedal
I never tried to live side to side with foot either

1 - 5 of 5 Posts