1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
2.85 to a 2.79 is so small of a change I highly doubt the engine is even going to know pulley was changed, a change in DA from 500 to 2500 probably has more effect. Now going to a 2.72 I’d be concerned.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Put it on over the weekend. I haven't noticed any new crazy power change, however my MPG has ticked up, I assume because i was rich before and have leaned out? Going to get to the dyno for some pulls and logs.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
no dyno results, i did see a small bump in boost, logs were still good after sending to Tim. Bearing noise came up so the blower came off and went to get rebuilt. A griptech was put in it's place.

·
Registered
126 Posts
I run the 2.79 with a Tim Barth tune. I am in NJ with about 2000DA. I see 16 - 16.5 lbs on this pulley with AFR about 11.8 on 93 pump.

·
Registered
105 Posts
no dyno results, i did see a small bump in boost, logs were still good after sending to Tim. Bearing noise came up so the blower came off and went to get rebuilt. A griptech was put in it's place.
Just curious, how many miles on the car when the bearings went bad? You think having a non de-coupler pulley had anything to do with it?

·
Registered
105 Posts
I run the 2.79 with a Tim Barth tune. I am in NJ with about 2000DA. I see 16 - 16.5 lbs on this pulley with AFR about 11.8 on 93 pump.
Are you happy with the RT800 package? Going to pull the trigger on it but worried about not having a decoupler style pulley.

·
Registered
2,772 Posts
Are you happy with the RT800 package? Going to pull the trigger on it but worried about not having a decoupler style pulley.
There are a lot more cars out there with standard pulleys than the decoupled style and there have been very few if any bad bearings. I think the whole bad bearing thing has been blown out of proportion. For how many cars were built I wouldn’t worry about it.

R.K.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts