SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok this should be a question across platforms and sorry if it's a stupid question! We've narrowed down the noise on my son's SRT392 Challenger to driveshaft...or so we think? Watching some YouTube some say exhaust doesn't need to be dropped for replacement, I don't see how馃. Is it possible to swap it out without dropping exhaust? Any suggestions on what to replace it with? Stock 392 with "spirted" street driving...thanks!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Out of warranty....as far as diagnosis, sounds like where the sound is coming from. Then of course the experts at YouTube and Google馃槑馃ぃ. Plan is to get it off the ground and see if we can get the carrier bearing to give us a confirmation.

Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
Carrier bearing prob the issue. Exhaust drops easily, especially with two people. I can鈥檛 see swapping the ds without dropping the exhaust.

Reactions: TNRedeye

Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
Nope. Not serviceable, at least with the Hellcats, which is all i know, must replace entire ds. Maybe a shop can fab r&r but prob better off with a Redeye unit for extra durability, overkill, (check length though as tranny may be different) or a 1 piece aluminum if we鈥檙e talking about an M6.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

Registered
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
He looked into a one piece and would need to redo his after market exhaust also. Just finishing up his degree and starting his first career job, money is a consideration. I'm just the guy throwing suggestions his way馃槑馃ぃ

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.