SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So stick with me here...

I know the thought of the giant hellcat decal throws some people off, but I'm looking to get some info and opinion from those who have it, or those who don't mind the look of it. I have a B5 blue charger, and I'm curious about how it looks, because 99% of the pics I see with the giant hellcat heads are on challengers, and the charger pics I see never have blue vinyl, so I'm still having a hard time getting a visual.

What I want to pull off is to get a blue reflective decal so that it matches the b5 blue color as close as possible and so it's barely noticeable during the day and blends in, and then of course be reflective at night. I'm going for the daytime ghost effect somewhat like the black and red hellcats on these pages...

> Giant Decal SRT Hellcat Side
> Got my Graphics done

What I need help with is...

1) Where to find a vinyl color that is closely matched to the B5 blue color, and then to also see the blue color vinyl in the daytime on any b5 blue charger or challenger (just to see the color match)
2) To see more pics of the decal in general in any color on any other chargers specifically, just to get more looks with it on those and not challengers (sorry challengers, I already know it looks good on your car :cool:)
3) What do you think about the "huge" hellcat decal? Like the one in this ebay page, HUGE Dodge Decal Graphic Vinyl CHARGER MOPAR SRT LOGO HEMI 392 Hellcat hell cat . Is that too big?

I've already looked around the forums, google, just about every relevant ebay listing, etc so any help is much appreciated, thanks!

·
Administrator
7,558 Posts
I think it is a reflection of how old you are. If you are a young guy why not.... but if you are older, stepping out of the car will make you look ridiculous. IMO
I agree somewhat as I am not a fan of these or any of the flares or widebody pics I've seen. Sorry folks.
If you like it go for it and post pics.

Oh and Welcome to the forum.

·
Registered
606 Posts
you don't buy vinyl in B5 blue. find a local sign shop and they will make what ever variant ( lighter,darker, reflective ) of B5 that you want and then print that color on white vinyl. you will need to provide the logo / artwork and they will do the rest.
I have a good friend that owns a sign shop and he does this stuff everyday.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Is there a such thing as clear/transparent reflective vinyl? That may be easier to get and your blue would come through. I don't know for sure though, just a thought.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I didn't end up doing anything (yet), but thanks for all the ideas. The transparent vinyl thing is interesting, I'll have to look into that and see if that's possible.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts