SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye Widebody
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I thought I would see what my 2019 B5 Hellcat Redeye would bring...it only has 800 miles and is perfect...so I reached out to Give me the Vin for a price. They came back with a very decent offer and I was seriously thinking of selling. Here's the rub...they have a process where they send you a bank of america check for the full amount but it can not be deposited until they have the car in the carriers possession and they have the tracking number from Fedex that the signed title has been sent to them. At the point you provide them the tracking number and they have the ok from the carrier that the car is in their possession, they then activate the check for you to deposit. The problem I have is kind of obvious...if I give them the car and give them the signed title...I have nothing to protect myself. As I am a out of state resident...the check will take several days to clear and I feel this is a bit too nerve wracking for me. I offered a whole bunch of different options to work with them, wire transfer, escrow, etc...but they said...nope...this is the way they do business.

When I sold my 2016 Challenger Hellcat to a similar type company last year...they were great. I filled out a whole bunch of contracts, provided them a bill of sale, made a copy of the front and back of the signed title and they wired me the money ahead of time. Once I had the money I sent the title by Fedex then waited almost a month before they picked up the car.

Just wondering if anyone has done business with them. Ultimately I told them that I was not comfortable giving them my car, a signed title and they provide me a check that will take days to clear. If they were local, I would have felt different .

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,404 Posts
Sounds like a scam to me . It's to easy to stop payment on a check or send a bad check . If that's the only way they do business then I'd move on .

Sent from my BBF100-2 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,293 Posts
I was close to selling my Trackhawk to GiveMetheVIN, and the money offered wasn't bad.
But I also had my doubts about the process. Needlessly, I think, as word would get out really quick if they ripped people off.
Got a better offer from a dealer in L.A., which also would've paid for transport, but decided not to sell after all.

Reactions: dragrcr and richny1

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,054 Posts
I thought I would see what my 2019 B5 Hellcat Redeye would bring...it only has 800 miles and is perfect...so I reached out to Give me the Vin for a price. They came back with a very decent offer and I was seriously thinking of selling. Here's the rub...they have a process where they send you a bank of america check for the full amount but it can not be deposited until they have the car in the carriers possession and they have the tracking number from Fedex that the signed title has been sent to them. At the point you provide them the tracking number and they have the ok from the carrier that the car is in their possession, they then activate the check for you to deposit. The problem I have is kind of obvious...if I give them the car and give them the signed title...I have nothing to protect myself. As I am a out of state resident...the check will take several days to clear and I feel this is a bit too nerve wracking for me. I offered a whole bunch of different options to work with them, wire transfer, escrow, etc...but they said...nope...this is the way they do business.

When I sold my 2016 Challenger Hellcat to a similar type company last year...they were great. I filled out a whole bunch of contracts, provided them a bill of sale, made a copy of the front and back of the signed title and they wired me the money ahead of time. Once I had the money I sent the title by Fedex then waited almost a month before they picked up the car.

Just wondering if anyone has done business with them. Ultimately I told them that I was not comfortable giving them my car, a signed title and they provide me a check that will take days to clear. If they were local, I would have felt different .
Sent you a PM...

·
HOTM Winner
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
263 Posts
NO WAY would I touch that Op. Way too risky and you would have nearly zero recourse ( or at min a huge ordeal to sift thru), especially turning the car over to a 3rd party (their carrier) and legally releasing title.

I sold a 1971 Cuda on ebay to a buyer half way acrossed the country. Buyer had good feedback, nice guy, business owner, spoke to him for about an hr on the phone, he talked me into accepting a personal check and turning it over to his carrier, then mail him the title, etc.
Check arrived via fedex 2 days later. check looks legit (to me).
I go straight off to my small bank who knew me very well, bank says check looks good, but needs 5-7 biz days to clear. warns me let it clear 1st.
Not an hr later, buyer begins to blow up my phone demanding I link up with his carrier & put the car on the trailer - now!
No need to say how this went over, having funds for all of 60 mins.
Sensing something wasnt right with the near 180 degree change in buyers behavior & attitude and apparent rush, I stood firm on holding car & title until funds cleared. He even had his carrier call and tell me he was on the way..lol
Bank fronts me a small portion of the funds into my account. Long story short, 3 days later bank calls, informs me that the check was drawn on a closed bank account. An old account, that had been closed for 7 years. Bank pulls back the initial partial deposit from my existing balance. (ouch)
Now this is a mid 5 figure check, so no way it was an accident.
It lead to legal threats, etc until my bank fraud dept & branch manger contacted him and had a coming to Jesus discussion about the ramifications of check fraud.
I say all this, because these scammy people are out there, they often look like legit businesses, up standing people, and will convince you they are, when they are anything but.
If there is ANY doubt - There is NO doubt.
Run, dont walk. Not worth it.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
628 Posts
I sold a Hellcat to them and the process was completely legit. The owner of the company hosts a national radio show on Saturdays. I think this guy is looking to take over the wholesale market and prides himself on an easy transaction with customers. I think they are already one of the biggest wholesale buyers around so i wouldn't be too concerned. They are an A Plus rated business with the BBB with over 800 reviews.

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I sold a Hellcat to them and the process was completely legit. The owner of the company hosts a national radio show on Saturdays. I think this guy is looking to take over the wholesale market and prides himself on an easy transaction with customers. I think they are already one of the biggest wholesale buyers around so i wouldn't be too concerned. They are an A Plus rated business with the BBB with over 800 reviews.

Understood...but they would not work with me on payment terms...I really tried to make this work...but they offered no solution...both sides need to be willing to compromise...they were not. No biggie...great car and beautiful...I was thinking of selling because I hardly drive it...I can easily keep it.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,404 Posts
A check is way too risky now matter what it's for .

·
Premium Member
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
A check is way too risky now matter what it's for .

agreed...that is why I walked away. Even a local buyer would need to wait until the check clears before they got the car and title...no point in taking unnecessary chances. I live in Florida and the buyer is in Texas.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts