SRT Hellcat Forum banner

21 - 40 of 58 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Hellcat Redeye Widebody
121 Posts
I honestly don’t think it’s that bad. Those gray wheels on the narrow body are not the best. I’d swap over to something more trick

·
Registered
In The Market
181 Posts
I like it, but think I would only get it if the whole car was that color. I'm not a big fan of the matte black and the way Dodge decides to package a lot of the color combos.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
200 Posts
My answer is conditional...

If that's your car... "congratulations, what a unique colour. You must get lots of comments!"
If you haven't bought it yet... "yeah, no, that's nasty. Have you considered something that doesn't look stupid?"

Point is, I try not to make fun of things other people like. Of course, some people like sniffing dirty feet.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
1,652 Posts
I like it, especially with the T/A pkg. dont like that you have to buy the black top on the HC and other cars.

·
Registered
55 Posts
There's been a 50th limited edition Gold Rush 5.7 R/T in the Tallahassee Dodge dealership for over a year now. They were asking $53k for it. It spent most of its time in the showroom, but they've since put it outside now over by their used lot and lowered the price to $51k.

My name for that color is "Urination Nation."
"Golden Shower

Reactions: DevilsReject97

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,755 Posts
Being an anniversary edition, I get the color option. Some older guys may love the 1970 feeling again, dodge should have chromed it up with wheels and fuel door, silver wheels look out of place on that car. Maybe a different hood scoop option as well.
1970-Dodge-Challenger-TA-scaled.jpg

·
Registered
238 Posts
The 1970 Challenger T/A pictured above (with the airbrushed 1971 grille) is FY1 Top Banana, which was definitely yellow. The '70 was offered in Y4 Light Gold but it was more tan than gold.

My answer is conditional...

If that's your car... "congratulations, what a unique colour. You must get lots of comments!"
If you haven't bought it yet... "yeah, no, that's nasty. Have you considered something that doesn't look stupid?"

Point is, I try not to make fun of things other people like. Of course, some people like sniffing dirty feet.

If someone asks for your opinion, give them your opinion, they asked for it. If someone told you that they like smelling feet and asked your opinion, would you tell them that you like it also?

·
Premium Member
2020 M6 HC
371 Posts
My sister-in-law told me that the high volume sellers can now get their cars in colors other than Mary Kay Pink.

·
Registered
2021 widebody Redeye on order.
378 Posts
Personally, I hate the color. There, someone asked, so I told you. Just my opinion & that usually never matters. Lol

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,755 Posts
For an old school anniversary edition its not that bad. I think chrome wheels would make that thing pop. Personally, it's not for me, but I could build that to turn heads no doubt, but this isn't going to be done on a hellcat so who cares.
How many people would have ever wanted black wheels on a car and now we all have them lol.
50th-Anniversary-Challenger-scaled.jpg

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat
555 Posts
For an old school anniversary edition its not that bad. I think chrome wheels would make that thing pop. Personally, it's not for me, but I could build that to turn heads no doubt, but this isn't going to be done on a hellcat so who cares.
How many people would have ever wanted black wheels on a car and now we all have them lol.
View attachment 571050
When I was racing my 70 Torino 429 back in the 90s, I was the only person with black AR wheels on the back. The fronts were original rusted magnum 500 style wheels that I sanded, prepped and painted black as well. I still have those wheels in my garage, but there's no more redneckery on that car (still have the car too).

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,348 Posts
View attachment 571050
These cars just look horrible with silver/gray wheels. They just look awful to regardless of paint color. Funny thing is I’m in love with those wheels in black. Silver = 🤮 to me for some reason.

21 - 40 of 58 Posts