·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,395 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SPWB 392
356 Posts
To the original thread starter thanks for posting the photo. That car is very very dirty and is likely skewing our impressions of the color somewhat. Let's face it not everyone can buy a red, white or black car no matter what brand or make it is.

As others have posted, I would really like to see a Challenger in this gold color with no black on it. Not sure these photos do it justice. I have not see one out in the wild yet to help me decide.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye NB
305 Posts
To the original thread starter thanks for posting the photo. That car is very very dirty and is likely skewing our impressions of the color somewhat. Let's face it not everyone can buy a red, white or black car no matter what brand or make it is.

As others have posted, I would really like to see a Challenger in this gold color with no black on it. Not sure these photos do it justice. I have not see one out in the wild yet to help me decide.
Won't speak for anyone else, but there's no saving grace on that urine spattered color.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
190 Posts
IMHO, it's bad, but not as bad as F8, which I really really hate and have hated since, about 1968 or whenever I first saw it.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,137 Posts
I don't think I've ever seen such a reaction to a color. This was a classic color back in the day and fits perfectly on the 50th Anniversary. I guess whoever buys one is gonna get roasted here.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Exactly what I was thinking....It was a very popular color back in the late sixties and early seventies. Growing up as a kid, I can't count how many Pontiac's (Lemans), Oldsmobiles (Cutlass) and Chevy's (Impalas and Malibu) were painted gold. Lot of gold Cadillacs too.

I'm with you....I think its just silly to require an expensive blackout option in order to get that color. I give a big "swing and a miss" by Dodge (FCA/Stellantis or whatever) on this one. Gotta realize, car color is just a personal preference to most....love it or hate it.

Reactions: Medsport

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat
555 Posts
Exactly what I was thinking....It was a very popular color back in the late sixties and early seventies. Growing up as a kid, I can't count how many Pontiac's (Lemans), Oldsmobiles (Cutlass) and Chevy's (Impalas and Malibu) were painted gold. Lot of gold Cadillacs too.

I'm with you....I think its just silly to require an expensive blackout option in order to get that color. I give a big "swing and a miss" by Dodge (FCA/Stellantis or whatever) on this one. Gotta realize, car color is just a personal preference to most....love it or hate it.
I don't believe they made any of the 50th Anniversary limited cars that didn't have the black vinyl treatment. I've never seen a non-T/A, non 50th car in Gold Rush.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
6,895 Posts
I don't believe they made any of the 50th Anniversary limited cars that didn't have the black vinyl treatment. I've never seen a non-T/A, non 50th car in Gold Rush.
Out of the 77 Gold Rush Anniversary T/A's that they built, for some reason, 4 of them never went to the Upfitter and never got the blackout. Don't know if they will allow this again.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,137 Posts
Had no idea they made ANY w/o the requires blackout package! FCA should allow it since I think they look better IMO...

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
6,895 Posts
Had no idea they made ANY w/o the requires blackout package! FCA should allow it since I think they look better IMO...
Those 4 cars were really strange, not numbered and no dash plaques and believe they had Scat Pack seats in them!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,395 Posts

·
Registered
2020 392 Scat Pack Widebody F8 Green
40 Posts
Saw one at the local dealership and I thought it was a great color. Pics really don't bring out how good this color looks in person.

·
Registered
2020 392 Scat Pack Widebody F8 Green
40 Posts
Those 4 cars were really strange, not numbered and no dash plaques and believe they had Scat Pack seats in them!

All of the gold rush T/A's l have seen have Scat pack embroidered seats in them NOT the T/A embroidered ones.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat
555 Posts
Out of the 77 Gold Rush Anniversary T/A's that they built, for some reason, 4 of them never went to the Upfitter and never got the blackout. Don't know if they will allow this again.

I do recall when ordering my Hellcat, that I did look through the T/A ordering form for funsies. It was listed as an option to debadge the T/A, but I didn't know this also applied to the 50th cars. Interesting ;)

·
Registered
In The Market
181 Posts

Yeah, I saw that one awhile back and it caught my eye as I like the color (probably just behind Sinamon Stick, F8 and Octane). But what got me was the regular scat packs seats which I don't like (50th seats or even T/A logo looks better IMO) and the fact no number on the plaque. I know sounds like minor things, but when spending this much on a car they would have to offer a big discount for me to take more interest in one like that.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
1,652 Posts

Thats 4 rare cars right there. Thats a reverse T/A delete. You can get the T/A with or without the stripe but you couldnt delete the black top.

I dont mind the silver wheels on the darker colors, but I think black would have been better on that color vs the silver. IMO any chrome looks like shit on these cars.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
6,895 Posts
They sure are. And the later ones even with blackout are pretty strange too. Here's the dash badge from car #75.

Pretty funny, car 75 out of 70?

I think they intended to make only 70 like the other colors then at the last minute decided to make 77 as a shout out to Sam Posey but the badges were already done. And they counted the unbadged cars as part of the 77 even though they never went to the Upfitter or got the badges. It's just funny that as hard as they try to keep everything in order and make the cars exactly like they are supposed to be that crazy stuff like this still happens.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts