SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vehicle Grille Tire Automotive lighting Hood

Automotive tire Liquid Tints and shades Automotive design Automotive lighting

Hood Rectangle Automotive exterior Vehicle door Automotive design

This is my very first post over here and so glad to find out this community. Just got it for 3 months and I’m still trying to get used with the width of my cat. Today I over estimated the size of the parking spot and hit the concrete column. Then it came to this… Does anyone have any idea about what should I do next? So far I came out the following ways to get it fixed: 1. Dealer 2. looking for a body shop and let them see what should be repaired (because I have no clue about whether sth has gone wrong under the body sheets). I buy the replacements by myself and let them install & paint. For 2, I know that there are companies like Revemotor who are selling painted OEM parts online, which looks really convenient. But I’m not quite sure about the quality of their color match. So please through some comments on it if anyone has done this before.

·
Registered
2021 Durango Hellcat
63 Posts
May want to retake that driver’s test! LOL.

Seriously though, in 2018 I smacked Bambi early one morning on the way to work in my then Charger Scat. Roughly the same amount of damage.

Definitely wouldn’t recommend a dealer although your insurance I assume is paying?!?

Found a body shop local through my insurance. They replaced the whole bumper and repainted, that included some fascia insert pieces. The paint job was meh but, that was tough because it was Indigo Blue(hard to replicate) at least thats what I have heard?!?
The whole job for me was about $4000 but my insurance covered it and didn’t go up since I hit a deer at 4am!

If you want to save a few bucks, I would recommend buying the parts yourself and putting them on and just find a good paint shop.

Removing Charger and Challenger bumpers is one of the easiest things to do on these cars.

or

Another cheaper route, wrap the new bumper in matte black to match your hood?

Good Luck!

·
Registered
459 Posts
You shouldn't feel too bad. I already scraped a curb and gouged my rim the other day. Only 350 miles on the car. I pulled over for an ambulance going by and misjudged just how wide a narrow body is. Not Happy!

• Wow
Reactions: 2fast4u

·
Registered
2022 Frostbite SS Ordered 03/24/2022, Scheduled 06/18/2022, built 06/19/2022
35 Posts
As far as Revemoto I can give a little advice. I have a 2013 Ram 1500 in Deep cherry red, I caught a plastic trash can at my sons house in the middle of winter and it was frozen to the ground. So needless to say it crinkled my right front fender like a pringle can! I went to the dealer and got a price of $1100 for a used fender and them to repaint and install. Now I grew up with my dad having a body shop at our house as his main business so I can do it myself I just don't have time. I found Revemoto and decided to order a new fender painted from them for $685 shipped which is an excellent deal. The fender came packaged very well, over packaged in fact, better than anything I've ever received!! The only issue I have is the color seems to be just a bit darker than the factory paint although it might have a lot to do with the new fender paint against the 8 year old paint on the rest of the truck and I have not had a chance to buff the rest of the truck to see if it matches better. Installation was easy and fender fit very well.

So in general their work is good quality, paint is applied well, packaging is impressive and prices are decent. White should be much easier to match and its a newer vehicle so you should not have any issues going with parts from them.

Not sure if this will help you make up your mind but I would use them again for my work truck just don't know about them for a part on my Super Stock.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack.
3,005 Posts
View attachment 597301
View attachment 597303
View attachment 597302
This is my very first post over here and so glad to find out this community. Just got it for 3 months and I’m still trying to get used with the width of my cat. Today I over estimated the size of the parking spot and hit the concrete column. Then it came to this… Does anyone have any idea about what should I do next? So far I came out the following ways to get it fixed: 1. Dealer 2. looking for a body shop and let them see what should be repaired (because I have no clue about whether sth has gone wrong under the body sheets). I buy the replacements by myself and let them install & paint. For 2, I know that there are companies like Revemotor who are selling painted OEM parts online, which looks really convenient. But I’m not quite sure about the quality of their color match. So please through some comments on it if anyone has done this before.
Research to find a highly regarded body shop in your area and take the car in and get the car on its way to being restored to its pre collision condition.

The body shop will remove the damaged outer parts and look under for any damage.

Let the body shop source the new factory parts and bring them up to condition to install on the car. That's the body shop's job.

Up to you if you want to file a claim with your insurance or pay for this out of pocket.

Take good pics of the damage and of other views of the car to show the damage doesn't extend beyond. If you can arrange it take pics of the repair process. Then take pics after. Keep a copy of the full repair invoice to show what was repaired, the parts #s of the parts used to repair the car, etc.

If you decide to sell or trade in the car you can show the extent of the damage and the paperwork that shows a proper repair was done which helps mitigate the fact the car has an accident on its history.

·
Registered
2021 Hellcat Redeye
59 Posts
That is A lot of damage, that I can see, does not count what I cant see. I do this for a living, and you need to go ahead and file a claim with your insurance company. The hidden damage is what is going to add up, especially if it got the core support, which is plastic. You will not know the total extent of damage until a total tear down. File it, and get it fixed, just remember, it is a process, and the insurance company doesn't give a rats' ass about your time! Just make sure you find a body shop that is SRT certified.

·
Registered
301 Posts
I would try to avoid the insurance claim if possible. No one wants to buy a HC with damage. Its just a fact. Its not that much damage at all.

Probably more than u think but nonetheless I would not want a stain on my car for that little money especially when u did it urself and no other insurance company is paying for it.

U will still have either a $500 or $1000 deductible. Thats a 1/3rd of the way there already practically. Buy the parts raw and have them painted at a paint shop. Its just not that much damage bro.

·
Registered
3,005 Posts
I would try to avoid the insurance claim if possible. No one wants to buy a HC with damage. Its just a fact. Its not that much damage at all.

Probably more than u think but nonetheless I would not want a stain on my car for that little money especially when u did it urself and no other insurance company is paying for it.

U will still have either a $500 or $1000 deductible. Thats a 1/3rd of the way there already practically. Buy the parts raw and have them painted at a paint shop. Its just not that much damage bro.
Even if one avoids an insurance claim the fact the car had body/paint work done is very likely to end up on a CarFax report.

Regardless the owner should when trading in or privately selling the car disclose the fact it had some accident damage. But with the pics and the repair invoice the OP can show the car was repaired with factory new parts.

I traded in a car recently with an accident on its history. I had all the above and showed the user car appraiser. He looked at the pics and the copy of the repair invoice and then at the car and didn't care that it had been in an accident. He was satisfied it had been fixed properly.

Last but not least I fail to see why the OP should complicate the repair process by buying the parts raw and having them painted at a paint shop. Best to let a highly regarded body shop source the parts -- chances are it can do this at a better price than the OP can -- and all the other hardware and then prep/paint the parts to best match the paint of the adjacent body panels.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Bro the garage doesnt report anything to Carfax ur confused. There is no universal reporting procedure for a dealership or repair garage. When ur car is fixed thru insurance its the INSURANCE company that reports it to Carfax.

If u pay out of pocket nothing is reported to Carfax. U can still have all the documented work done via a work order but that doesnt get reported.

Of course the dealer isnt gonna care about the damage when u traded it in cause they are gonna turn around and sell it for $7k more. Its not the dealer that will care its the private owner from a private sale that will care a LOT!

Ur confusing what I said. The OP mentioned buying the parts already painted. Thats not a great idea cause the color is often mismatched which is why I suggested he buy the parts himself and let the body shop paint them.

As far as disclosing what was done to his car is someting I could give a rats ass about that since its none of my business. Pics and repair invoices still exist bro when u pay CASH...... Again, ur confused!

Even if one avoids an insurance claim the fact the car had body/paint work done is very likely to end up on a CarFax report.

Regardless the owner should when trading in or privately selling the car disclose the fact it had some accident damage. But with the pics and the repair invoice the OP can show the car was repaired with factory new parts.

I traded in a car recently with an accident on its history. I had all the above and showed the user car appraiser. He looked at the pics and the copy of the repair invoice and then at the car and didn't care that it had been in an accident. He was satisfied it had been fixed properly.

Last but not least I fail to see why the OP should complicate the repair process by buying the parts raw and having them painted at a paint shop. Best to let a highly regarded body shop source the parts -- chances are it can do this at a better price than the OP can -- and all the other hardware and then prep/paint the parts to best match the paint of the adjacent body panels.

·
Registered
2021 Durango Hellcat
63 Posts
Bro the garage doesnt report anything to Carfax ur confused. There is no universal reporting procedure for a dealership or repair garage. When ur car is fixed thru insurance its the INSURANCE company that reports it to Carfax.

If u pay out of pocket nothing is reported to Carfax. U can still have all the documented work done via a work order but that doesnt get reported.

Of course the dealer isnt gonna care about the damage when u traded it in cause they are gonna turn around and sell it for $7k more. Its not the dealer that will care its the private owner from a private sale that will care a LOT!

Ur confusing what I said. The OP mentioned buying the parts already painted. Thats not a great idea cause the color is often mismatched which is why I suggested he buy the parts himself and let the body shop paint them.

As far as disclosing what was done to his car is someting I could give a rats ass about that since its none of my business. Pics and repair invoices still exist bro when u pay CASH...... Again, ur confused!
Definitely right! My old scat had the deer collision and I went thru insurance for the whole thing….car had a clean carfax!

Definitely confused brosef!

·
Registered
'21 C8 2LT || Former 2020 Hellcat
2,984 Posts
The front fascia is relatively inexpensive. The fender can likely be straightened. May or may not need a new hood and headlight assembly. I can't say with any certainty if any of the mounting brackets or structural pieces took damage. Mounting brackets aren't a big deal for a body shop. It all depends on how hard you hit it and if you bent the structural components at all. General rule of thumb usually works out in that if you didn't pop the air bags, you're probably in the clear on that. If you did, there's a chance you exceeded the bumper tolerance and might have bent something more substantial.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Find yourself a good local body shop, most dealer shops I have seen do about the same thing. Get a quote and have insurance fix it. It looks cosmetic to me replace and repaint on fender and upper nose piece. At least your color is not one of the harder ones to get matched right. Looked like solid white in the pics. At least you just have a small cosmetic issue. I bet it just cost your deductible. Maybe your carrier has forgivness, no idea though.

But just get a body shop to fix it.

·
Premium Member
.2020 HCNBM6. ...2022 RENB...
2,510 Posts
This is exactly why you want $1k deductible, pay OOP cash for minor repairs. Find a small reputable local shop, ask around, go visit them and talk to them. Be honest and ask about buying parts yourself, body shops are used to that because insu co’s are finding cheapo parts for the shops to save $. If you use insu and it goes on carfax, you are screwed forever. Every potential buyer will be looking for a $5k discount. Then wake the f’up and learn situational awareness!!! You are not driving a beater!!! :)

·
Registered
‘16 A8 Shaker
1,284 Posts
It’s a car. Most of it will wear out (if you use it as a car, not as a trophy in yer garage hiding behind a closed door). Situational awareness? How about awareness period? No reason to cry, just fix it and drive it sell it or scrap it : )

Reactions: 11Bravo392

·
Registered
3,005 Posts

Body shop or dealer or insurance. Would expect the fact the car required accident repair to be on record. Yeah, it is not a sure thing. I know of a recent case in which an accident did not show up on CarFax. Not sure why. If this is the responsibility of the insurance company why the at fault driver's insurance company which paid to have the car repaired didn't report the accident to the database used by CarFax is a mystery.

But I would not count on the accident not showing up on record.

Honesty is the best policy and when trading in or selling privately the history of the car should be fully disclosed. Whether the repair is being paid for out of pocket, by one's insurance company, or another driver's insurance company as I touched upon the owner of car should have accident pics, pics of the repair, and the repair invoice to use to show a prospective buyer or a dealer if trading in the car the extent of the damage but also the repair details.

Buying parts, even unpainted, is a bad idea. Let the repair/body shop order/buy the parts. The shop orders/buys parts all day long and the shop people are good at this. The shop is well experienced in getting in and handling and storing until needed large body panels with care. The incoming parts are inspected and rejected if wrong or damaged. Getting these shipped to one's house then transporting them to the body shop is just extra work, risks damaging the part, and probably costs the car owner more money. Let the body shop do what it does best.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts