SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!
41 - 60 of 61 Posts

· Premium Member
13,620 Posts
I think you can tell by the vin, last 3 digits should tell you where you were in production for example mine is 324 so I'm assuming it was the 324th built.
Nope, the Hellcats did not get special vin assigned. Unfortunately, the only way to know is to ask ResumeSpeed. As an example, my last 3 of my vin is 725 however, my Hellcat was the 99th one built. The vin are not in sequential build or individual to the model.

· Premium Member
13,620 Posts
Thanks , I thought that was a high number seeing how early I got mine.
Yeah, just go to the thread Breaking News, you can see it in the Popular posts to the right. Ask ResumeSpeed what build number your cat is. he is very nice about taking time to look this up for members.;)

· Yep, its got a HEMI
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,768 Posts
Great minds are on the same track today!! I posted the same. LOL:D
Just waiting on your consensus with my black hood issue. I got a funny feeling I should drop it. But they are going to be really rare if they ever build em.

not to hijack the thread.

Hey anybody else upset that they mixed the VINs with all of the Challengers. I wish the Hellcats had their own.

· Premium Member
13,620 Posts
Just waiting on your consensus with my black hood issue. I got a funny feeling I should drop it. But they are going to be really rare if they ever build em.

not to hijack the thread.

Hey anybody else upset that they mixed the VINs with all of the Challengers. I wish the Hellcats had their own.
I just read RS post on another thread that the black hoods are no on new orders. I would talk to your dealer and consider dropping it. If you haven't been built yet, my guess is it is probably the culprit to the delay.

· Yep, its got a HEMI
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,768 Posts
I just read RS post on another thread that the black hoods are no on new orders. I would talk to your dealer and consider dropping it. If you haven't been built yet, my guess is it is probably the culprit to the delay.
Yep going to e mail my sales guy and have him talk to the GM on Thurs. Good advice:)
Yes its on hold due to the hood. I would have had it before you if I dropped the option.:rolleyes:

· Premium Member
13,620 Posts
Yep going to e mail my sales guy and have him talk to the GM on Thurs. Good advice:)
Yes its on hold due to the hood. I would have had it before you if I dropped the option.:rolleyes:
Ugh! That stinks. Seriously, you can always consider an alternative at a later date. i.e. wrap or paint. I am having way to much fun with my Hellcat and if it were me, I would just want the car now, screw the black hood. Sounds like it requires a lot of maintenance and is fussy to prep. There, did I talk you out of it? LMAO! This car is so awesome, I really don't think you are going to miss not getting the black hood. I could be wrong, but I am just happy to have my Hellbaby!!!:D

· Yep, its got a HEMI
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,768 Posts
Ugh! That stinks. Seriously, you can always consider an alternative at a later date. i.e. wrap or paint. I am having way to much fun with my Hellcat and if it were me, I would just want the car now, screw the black hood. Sounds like it requires a lot of maintenance and is fussy to prep. There, did I talk you out of it? LMAO! This car is so awesome, I really don't think you are going to miss not getting the black hood. I could be wrong, but I am just happy to have my Hellbaby!!!:D
See that purple car once upon a time it was Burnt Orange,, yuck I know one hell of a MOPAR body shop that could do it. They sprayed the correct satin black finish on the shaker dome and the oranasol black on the rear by the tail lights. All hard custom stuff. They also painted the center caps of my Ralley wheels because those were from a 71 ( with the darker centers)

· Yep, its got a HEMI
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,768 Posts
VON comes when the order goes from the dealer into the system. My dealer does it right away, I have even been in the office when he does it on the computer. But most of the time you would get your VON a day or so after you order, The VIN comes after, I don't know how much longer though

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
146 Posts
VON comes when the order goes from the dealer into the system. My dealer does it right away, I have even been in the office when he does it on the computer. But most of the time you would get your VON a day or so after you order, The VIN comes after, I don't know how much longer though
I got my VON on 9/9... No vin yet. Dodge and the dealer told me you get the VIN when they get the allocation.

· Yep, its got a HEMI
Challenger SRT Hellcat
4,768 Posts
I got my VON on 9/9... No vin yet. Dodge and the dealer told me you get the VIN when they get the allocation.
great, you need to put the word out and get some cars sold at that dealer so they get more allocations

my dealer had 2 original and earned 2 more in the first allocation, not sure how many they earned in the second allocation. Originally he told me 3 but got the 4th. They had a good summer and fall sales record.
All 4 are sold but all 4 got the evil black hood options so none have come in yet. ALL are D1 status

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
146 Posts
great, you need to put the word out and get some cars sold at that dealer so they get more allocations

my dealer had 2 original and earned 2 more in the first allocation, not sure how many they earned in the second allocation. Originally he told me 3 but got the 4th. They had a good summer and fall sales record.
All 4 are sold but all 4 got the evil black hood options so none have come in yet. ALL are D1 status

I know a guy that I could have had him order his Charger Hellcat from them and my dad was considering a viper AND we are considering getting my girlfriend a Grand Cherokee... They didn't seem like they could be bothered. I shouldn't have to do their job for them either haha

41 - 60 of 61 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.