SRT Hellcat Forum banner

got my hellcat !

4K views 25 replies 11 participants last post by  peter george 
#1 ·
Hello all, I ordered 3 hellcats from 3 different dealers 3months ago after srt assured me that once I got a VON (vehicle order number) the car would be guaranteed to be built, but no time frame. Since non of the dealers took a deposit and all were going to sell it to me for msrp, actually one quoted me $1000 below sticker after initial negotiations, I had nothing to loose, this way I was assured I would get one. All three were ordered in sublime, satin black hood, 8spd auto and summer tires. Few weeks ago I talked to an srt supervisor and now they are telling me there is no guarantee that the car will be built. After 45 minutes of frustration on the phone, I had to end the call. SRT did not keep their word. I had 4 different reps tell me that the car would be built at some point as long as I got a VON from the dealer. Every time I checked with the dealers for the status, no change, no VIN. I even had put up my 71 numbers matching cuda for sale to make room for the hellcat. Normandin Dodge (great service from Matt) called me up 3 weeks ago and told me they had a hellcat that a customer had money issues and backed out of the deal. It was exactly what I wanted with the exception of it having the nav option and a 6 speed transmission. Well after spending almost 5 hours at the dealer, I thought to my self, it does not make sense if I don't buy it. What a car, fun to drive, I love it.

#6 ·
Congrats peter george ! What a great story. I know you're so happy with the end result even though 3 orders never received a VIN. I'm facing a similar situation except I have a VON. I've been communicating with a dealer similar to your situation, but the car doesn't have the options I want. Decisions, decisions.

Reactions: peter george
#12 ·
Thanks 440 superbee. Decisions decisions is right, I got to the dealer in san jose. ca. at 1:30pm and drove out at 8:00pm. I had a hard time deciding and then I thought If, and only if my 8spd auto ever got built and if I got tired of the 6-speed, I could always sell it. Normandin had the sticker marked up to approx. $76,000 but honered the deal we had at msrp. there was another guy waiting for me to make up my mind and he was willing to pay $15,000 over the msrp. Couldn't pass it up :) I am thinking if wrapping the hood in sating black.

Reactions: hellcat1
#7 ·
Congrats on you HC baby. What about the orders outstanding? Were they cancelled or are they still in the system? I know in the initial excitement , folks placed multiple orders. FCA ,I believe, will be going through the sold orders and eliminating duplicates starting next week. Hopefully this will reduce the back log. If you have any other orders floating around, see if your can get them off the books so those of us at the back of the line have a shot at ours. Not being critical because I understand how much we all want our cats. Enjoy your HC!!

Reactions: peter george
#14 ·
thanks, it would ne a shame, never thought I would sell it but I only have a car garage and I'm not selling my first car :)

#23 ·
Congrats on the hellcat!!!!

Selling your 71 cuda?? I'm so sad for you... that's the best year cuda imo
Yes, selling it, thanks, it is sad, never thought I would sell it but I only have a 2 car garage. I agree, it is the best year cuda and the best looking.

Reactions: JeKo
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.