SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

Got tired of the game

8490 Views 79 Replies 40 Participants Last post by  RobM
Got tired of the allocatetion game ,
So I went proactive and bought one off the lot today !!
I will pick it up in the morning .pad a 4k over MSRP . But with having 6k down with 2 outher dealers with no vin and returnable deposits I declare this a WIN.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,163 Posts
had one call me today...$85k in stock......so +4k isnt so bad.....

this is why the dealers do it though....because people are still buying w/ adm......and i suspect they will continue for a few more months.....glad to hear it wasnt $+20k

congrats...

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,163 Posts
im thinking of hunting down a dealer car.. i WAS willing to pay over to order my car but i might as well use that money to walk in and purchase off the floor.
why wait at least several more months to get my order picked up, when i can just go buy one now.? hmmm:cool:
this is what im going to do, im simply waiting until they are selling at msrp this way.

your order may take until summer or never be picked up......in a few months those still waiting will just buy one off the lot and F their ordered cars...this is why i wont order from Dodge again...ordered cars are last, dealer cars are first

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,163 Posts
Huggytree..can one really differentiate between a dealer order vs other order...ie...can you tell me the difference ?
in 2011 when the 392 1st came out all the IE guys ordered cars 3 months ahead of time......the dealerships started getting cars for their showrooms weeks ahead of most of those ordered cars.....i checked many vin #'s and noticed dealer cars were typically shipped within 1 week while most ordered cars sat for 4-5 weeks....mine took 8 weeks to arrive......i got sick of it and went to a dealership and just bought one.....saved $2,500 off my ordered car too......id say 1/2 of the IE guys online did the same

not sure this time with the HC if there is such a thing as a dealer showroom car...sounds like most/all are dealers who lied about having a customer?? then put it on their showroom floor....not sure if this is true or not.......all i can say is i see tons of guys here with cars sitting in Canada for 4-6 weeks and i see 150 dealer cars sitting on the showroom floor.....looks exactly the same as 2011

thats why im not bothering to order......in a few months ill just drive and pick one up...no stress, no irriatation, no daily asking RS if my car is still parked in Canada

it took 2 weeks for my IE to ship by train from Canada to WI....i always joke i could have pushed the car from Canada to WI faster than that train could deliver it.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,163 Posts
Very nice, can a guy 6'6" and about 275-280 fit in it? That's the good thing about the Challenger
unless you like your seat pushed back you may not fit in the Challenger either...my head touches the ceiling in my 2011 w/ sunroof....i like to sit straight up though...not slouched way back......im thinking the HC seats may be lower than normal srt's....i actually have more head room in the Recaros in my Mustang than in my 2011 SRT..

being 280lbs...yea the Challenger is probably the best for your weight....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.