SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
10,786 Posts
*rims

I love those. Def my fav so far too. Good for you!

·
Premium Member
10,786 Posts
Actually they are the second best looking factory wheel. 1st is the demon / super stock wheels.
Says the guy who was doing anything possible to get the wheels OP has about a month ago…😂😂
Just busting your chops, I know the Demon wheels are awesome.

• Haha
Reactions: CRKFIEND

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
429 Posts
Says the guy who was doing anything possible to get the wheels OP has about a month ago…😂😂
Just busting your chops, I know the Demon wheels are awesome.
Lol demon wheels were always my favorite but i didn't think I wanted to pay the 6k to convert over to get them. But since i sold my old equipment it ended up working.

·
Premium Member
10,786 Posts
Lol demon wheels were always my favorite but i didn't think I wanted to pay the 6k to convert over to get them. But since i sold my old equipment it ended up working.
$6k. Ouch. I mean I love em.

But ouch.

Reactions: Mean Cat

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,782 Posts
I am still confused by the 18" drag radials all around on these cars, someone please explain this to me. So basically you put a 315 tire all around, but downgrade brakes.... better handling ? But downgraded braking? Doesnt make sense for drag racing either with 315s up front.
Someone explain please.

·
Registered
429 Posts
To help with on the track i guess. I just love the look so thats why i ended up doing this setup. If i track the car i will keep the 315s up front. If i drag the car i will buy a pair of front runners for the front and with the weight savings ill get a better quarter mile time.

I can tell you that I barely notice a change in my brakes, feels the same. The grip is so much better with the 315 40 18s nittos NT05Rs.

·
Premium Member
10,786 Posts
I am still confused by the 18" drag radials all around on these cars, someone please explain this to me. So basically you put a 315 tire all around, but downgrade brakes.... better handling ? But downgraded braking? Doesnt make sense for drag racing either with 315s up front.
Someone explain please.
18’s = more sidewall. Also most people with Demons or SS run skinnies up front when at the strip. The wider fronts are used for the street mostly. Smaller brakes means less weight and also allows for the more popular and available sized narrower front wheels. The bigger brakes arent really needed for someone at the strip and so it makes sense to be able to keep drag wheel options open while also saving weight.

Reactions: RB185AFM

·
HOTM Winner
Challenger SRT Hellcat Widebody
318 Posts
Someone explain please.
Agreed.
Getting more sidewall for squat / planting the rears, for straight line acceleration, is what I thought was the reasoning for 18"s while still staying within the general OD of the tire.
I doubt 18" tire with more sidewall (flex) gives increased handling over a 20" tire with less sidewall, in fact, its the opposite.
Down grading the brakes, while still running a near 12" tread patch up front, again for street applications, seems like a recipe of diminishing returns. Stopping ability in a 4500+ lbs vehicle, isnt something I want less of.

·
Premium Member
10,786 Posts
Agreed.
Getting more sidewall for squat / planting the rears, for straight line acceleration, is what I thought was the reasoning for 18"s while still staying within the general OD of the tire.
I doubt 18" tire with more sidewall (flex) gives increased handling over a 20" tire with less sidewall, in fact, its the opposite.
Down grading the brakes, while still running a near 12" tread patch up front, again for street applications, seems like a recipe of diminishing returns. Stopping ability in a 4500+ lbs vehicle, isnt something I want less of.
Handling is not something of much concern really. That setup is track focused. People aren't buying them to hug corners. Although from the feedback here they actually handle and stop better than you may think. The RE was my choice for that reason. I’ll never see a strip so the 20’s and bigger brakes were the obvious choice.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,782 Posts
Handling is not something of much concern really. That setup is track focused. People aren't buying them to hug corners. Although from the feedback here they actually handle and stop better than you may think. The RE was my choice for that reason. I’ll never see a strip so the 20’s and bigger brakes were the obvious choice.
But if you are driving the car daily or even on trips, handling and braking are important to most.
But saying it is track focused does not explain the 315s up front.

That is why it is confusing to me. 315 drag radials all around in the rain is not ideal either.

I see this setup as the original jailbreak wheel tire combo lol.

·
Registered
429 Posts
My wifes brand new jeep wagoneer ways over 6000 pounds and has 4 piston front brakes so...... the 6 pot is not really needed. I mean if your tracking the car like crazy then you will have brakes thats last longer and maybe give you better stopping power.

·
Premium Member
10,786 Posts
But if you are driving the car daily or even on trips, handling and braking are important to most.
But saying it is track focused does not explain the 315s up front.

That is why it is confusing to me. 315 drag radials all around in the rain is not ideal either.

I see this setup as the original jailbreak wheel tire combo lol.
This really isn't the ideal car for people daily driving or road trips. Sure you can certainly do it but you're right, it isn't ideal. I think most people buying these aren't out driving in inclement weather with DR’s or road tripping very often. It’s just not set up for that. I guess it’s like wondering why we dont see these cars out in the snow lol. Can we do it? Yeah but is it ideal? Not really lol. I’d bet that most buyers of an SS are cruising around or racing. I cant remember why they went with DR’s in the front but I do remember reading there was a reason.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,782 Posts
My wifes brand new jeep wagoneer ways over 6000 pounds and has 4 piston front brakes so...... the 6 pot is not really needed. I mean if your tracking the car like crazy then you will have brakes thats last longer and maybe give you better stopping power.
IMO, the six piston calipers are needed on a hellcat, dodge didn't put them on there for show. Whether track or street, they are needed if you push these cars hard.
Don't get me wrong, I love the look of the demon setup. But it is just confusing and doesn't make sense. Wagoneer :unsure: Hellcat, interesting comparison lol

Reactions: Slowpoke387

·
Premium Member
10,786 Posts
Don't get me wrong, I love the look of the demon setup. But it is just confusing and doesn't make sense. Wagoneer :unsure: Hellcat, interesting comparison lol
Makes 100% sense if you race though because the entire draw of the Demon or SS is that it’s a car that you drive, not trailer, to the track. You race and then drive home. It’s what the entire concept of the Demon and SS is. No trailer really needed, although I still would lol. This harkens back to the good old days when grass roots racing was like that.
Or you swap them on to your RE because you like the look lol. It does look killer.
I'm with you though, I want the big brakes and the 20’s.

·
Registered
429 Posts
IMO, the six piston calipers are needed on a hellcat, dodge didn't put them on there for show. Whether track or street, they are needed if you push these cars hard.
Im just saying 4 pot is still good enough. Also if you have read thar the demon had a specific 4 pot brakes that actually had better stopping power then the 6 pot standard on the hellcats. The 2020 super stock 4 pot brakes are slightly different though and didnt get the same 4 pot brakes as the demon. I think the 2021 models ended up getting the better ones.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts