SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2021 HERE!
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
407 Posts
Only difference would be the 6 pot brake pads probably last longer hence better for the track. Wish some experts could chime in.

·
Registered
21 Charger Redeye
179 Posts
Gotta say these are the nicest factory rim's yet that are on my 2021 HCREWB !! Love um....LOL
I agree completely. I was shopping hard for new wheels even before I received my car and was absolutely positive that the factory wheels would be off within a week of bringing the car home. Now I have zero plans of replacing them anytime soon because they look so good.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,762 Posts

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
10,764 Posts
Agree.

People only like Demon wheels because "Demon"
They make the car look like a fancy riding lawnmower.
Idk I love the look. To me it makes the Demon and SS look more retro with the higher sidewall and deeper dish. If they had the RE wheels they would have far less appeal for me. I think it’s the opposite, the wheels are a big part of making the Demon so desirable for me.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,744 Posts
Im just saying 4 pot is still good enough. Also if you have read thar the demon had a specific 4 pot brakes that actually had better stopping power then the 6 pot standard on the hellcats. The 2020 super stock 4 pot brakes are slightly different though and didnt get the same 4 pot brakes as the demon. I think the 2021 models ended up getting the better ones.
The 315 tire up front is what gave that demon brake stopping power. I remember the article about it outdoing the viper acr that had a 295 front tire, beat it by 3 feet or something. Brake pad compound makes a difference too. One stop test does not make it out perform on a street car. I would bet that the demon 4 piston setup loses performance very quickly if you get in the turns and get them very hot, as well as wear quickly. I assume the ss has a more street friendly pad, maybe bigger pistons ???

·
Registered
2020 Dodge Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
407 Posts
The 315 tire up front is what gave that demon brake stopping power. I remember the article about it outdoing the viper acr that had a 295 front tire, beat it by 3 feet or something. Brake pad compound makes a difference too. One stop test does not make it out perform on a street car. I would bet that the demon 4 piston setup loses performance very quickly if you get in the turns and get them very hot, as well as wear quickly. I assume the ss has a more street friendly pad, maybe bigger pistons ???
Thats exactly what im what im saying. Its perfect for the streets but not ideal for track. The brakes i mean. You will most likely last longer on the track with the 6 pot vs 4 pot.

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
10,764 Posts
Funny I love the Demon wheels but really dislike the 5 spoke HC wheels. Theyre my least fav HC wheel actually. For me it's all about the deeper dish look. 20" five spokes look blah to me. So similar yet so different.

·
Registered
2020 M6 HC
1,428 Posts
This really isn't the ideal car for people daily driving or road trips.
I used to think that until I did it. The key factor is the trunk. In normal driving, the car is loud even in stock form. It bothered the crap out of me for maybe the first 6 months and I got used to it. But when the wife and dog and I went on a road trip, it was very pleasant. Once the trunk is full of tote bags and duffel bags, and dog bed, etc, the car is much more quiet, making 6hr trips very enjoyable!

RE: Nicest Wheels

I'm an old guy and have never been a fan of black wheels. Back in the day... Black wheels were a sign of lost hubcaps. Here is my vote for "nicest":

Wheel Tire Cloud Car Sky

·
Registered
2021 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Widebody
119 Posts
Nope, brass monkey all the way! :p

Tire Wheel Sky Vehicle Car

21 - 30 of 30 Posts