SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So noticed few days ago the gps clock setting is off a good 10 or 15 minutes. Went to navigation, supposedly we are driving somewhere about 50 miles from where we are actually located?? Anyone else had this issue and what did you do to correct it? Looked all over for help on forums but didn't see much for actual help, going to try and do UCONNECT update tomorrow but read not so good stuff on that as well. Have not done an update in several months that was done over the air either. Thank you!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
50 Posts
So noticed few days ago the gps clock setting is off a good 10 or 15 minutes. Went to navigation, supposedly we are driving somewhere about 50 miles from where we are actually located?? Anyone else had this issue and what did you do to correct it? Looked all over for help on forums but didn't see much for actual help, going to try and do UCONNECT update tomorrow but read not so good stuff on that as well. Have not done an update in several months that was done over the air either. Thank you!
Was this problem ever resolved? Mine just started doing this, and the radio randomly changing stations.....

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Partially! Finally gave in and went to dealership after searching for a out of town one that I felt comfortable with our HC. They tried to do update to radio but did not fix it, so now it will be a new radio unit. Not crazy about them taking apart dash to install new one but it is what it is. Still waiting for new unit to come in, they say it can take 2 days, 2 weeks or 2 months to get it in.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
50 Posts
Partially! Finally gave in and went to dealership after searching for a out of town one that I felt comfortable with our HC. They tried to do update to radio but did not fix it, so now it will be a new radio unit. Not crazy about them taking apart dash to install new one but it is what it is. Still waiting for new unit to come in, they say it can take 2 days, 2 weeks or 2 months to get it in.
They should only have to take off the front bezel, its just clipped in place, then 4 screws and the connectors. I hate other people/shops messing with my cars, every time I've ever had to take a car in for something they've came back with a scratch or scuff. The swap out is easy, but what I don't know is if they need to program the unit to the car?

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
4 Posts
Yep. Have the same problem with my 2017 Hellcat. Dealer says I need a new radio. Not ready to spend the $1600 yet.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
252 Posts
Mine did that and just needed an update

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack.
2,196 Posts
Yep. Have the same problem with my 2017 Hellcat. Dealer says I need a new radio. Not ready to spend the $1600 yet.
When I took my 2018 Hellcat in for goofy NAV unit behavior, I did so after first confirming uConnect said radio software up to date.

Tech verified the NAV feature bad. Called Chrysler. Was told there was a I guess "secret" update. This was obtained -- takes an hour -- and applied -- takes around 15 minutes. Did not help.

Tech contacted Chrysler again. Was told there was a I guess double "secret" update. This was obtained and applied but did not help. The radio was replaced. Under warranty.

You might look into this secret up date business. While it did not help in my case it might help in yours.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
50 Posts
I swung by a dealership today to see if they would load up the update. I was told that the update would not work because it was for the 3C 8.4 and I have the 4C 8.4, also no such thing as a secret or double secret update lol.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack.
2,196 Posts
I swung by a dealership today to see if they would load up the update. I was told that the update would not work because it was for the 3C 8.4 and I have the 4C 8.4, also no such thing as a secret or double secret update lol.
Well, I don't now what radio is in my 2018 Hellcat but what I was told was the tech said Chrysler was called by him after the tech confirmed the NAV system was truly acting up. I had already confirmed at the uConnect web site my radio's software was up to date.

After he downloaded and applied this first unpublished update, maybe I should not have referred to is as secret update (though in some way it was secret in that uConnect did not list it), and the NAV unit was still acting up he called Chrysler again and was told there was yet another unpublished update. Most likely both of these updates were in beta testing. (In my career as a software engineer I released my share of beta versions to selected customer sites to try to confirm the issues the customer was seeing were resolved by my fixes.) At any rate the 2nd update was obtained and applied. Still the NAV was not right.

At this point then the bezel was removed to get at the radio and its numbers so the right radio could be ordered. It came in and was installed. I do not know which radio my car has -- it might be listed on the work invoice -- or which software update it was given at the dealer after it was installed in the car but I do know the menu and icon colors are different from what they were before any of these updates were applied so it apparently doesn't have the last published radio update which I guess is the one still available at the uConnect site.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts