SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw a video on youtube talking about how slow, inaccurate, and useless the GPS system was in the Challenger. I just wanted to ask if other people had a similar experience with it as I'm considering including this addon in my order. Thank you

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,485 Posts
I rarely use it--I just use google maps with android auto.
The few times I did use it the interface was actually pretty decent--even has lane-specific directions when navigating freeway interchanges.
If you don't have a good map app on your phone, or plan to be out of mobile service range, it could be worth it.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Redeye
262 Posts
If you have the sense of direction of a rock like I do it's almost a necessity. lol
And like Reaperhwk says, there's resale.
My wife's Charger doesn't have it and it's the one thing she dislikes about the car.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Dont u use Apple CarPlay? Navigation works much better with that. I havent used fatory Nav in like 10 years at least. They all suck! I only use the Apple Nav or Android if thats what u have or Waze. Complete waste of money!

·
Premium Member
868 Posts
The package is a service plan, uconnect is the same. I found the Sirius useless where I live and use Waze and Pandora on my phone, Sirius radio still ends after 6 months and the Nav is for 5 years. If you want to get in and voice prompt a destination it will do that. I didn't bother using the NAV features while they were still available.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
186 Posts
Works fine on my 16 Charger, there is a maps update but I'm not going to drop 150 bucks for it. Don't care if my next vehicle has a stand alone nav system, android auto or apple car play works just as well.

·
Premium Member
188 Posts
Dont u use Apple CarPlay? Navigation works much better with that. I havent used fatory Nav in like 10 years at least. They all suck! I only use the Apple Nav or Android if thats what u have or Waze. Complete waste of money!
Yep, the nav would show my car in the middle of a field or a large body of water. Apple CarPlay hasn’t failed me yet.

·
HOTM Winner
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
11,553 Posts
The package is a service plan, uconnect is the same. I found the Sirius useless where I live and use Waze and Pandora on my phone, Sirius radio still ends after 6 months and the Nav is for 5 years. If you want to get in and voice prompt a destination it will do that. I didn't bother using the NAV features while they were still available.
It is not a service plan. If you have factory nav you never have to pay unless you think you want to update maps once every blue moon.

Reactions: Chancey and Bobo

·
Registered
2022 Jail Break on order
853 Posts
Has factory nav become some underpinning of resale while I wasn't looking?
a lot of people have that as a must option. Mostly women though. My wife won’t have a car without it. I could live without it but I do like the factory NAV integration better than using the apps.
As far as resale it depends on your car. I ordered a loaded up JB and if it didn’t have NAV with all the options it has it could affect resale at that level when all the other JBs have every option checked.
Trust me I love the car but in 5-10 years if they become $$$ I have a price!

I haven’t even seen anyone option a JB without NAV or Harmon Kardon…. If they did it’s rare.

i mean it’s not to this extreme but it’s like having a 104k JB optioned with the cloth seats…….

1 - 20 of 42 Posts