SRT Hellcat Forum banner

21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #22 (Edited)
PERFORMANCE DIFF.jpg
Been playing around with the car a bit. Added the Pe4ormance Development Differential Brace with Titanium Hardware from Probolts.
The JBA shortys arrived and they are ugly. BUTT UGLY. The welds are garbage and there is slag on every inch of the interior and the collectors are all jagged. Sending them to a friend who welds for Flying Lizard Racing and having them improved.
Leave it to California to CARB Stamp a poor quality product.

I'm seriously considering going full ricer and adding SS safety wire to the Ti race Bolts. Hmmmm...

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Coolant Tank Before Ti.jpg
COMPARISON Ti.jpg
Being the absolute ricer that I am, I purchased a bunch of titanium hardware from Probolts and have begun replacing various nuts and bolts with titanium pieces. Little stuff like this makes me happy inside and ounces are ounces on a performance car. Every little bit helps.
Plus, they look rad!
Coolant Tank After Ti.jpg

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Ti Fenders.jpg
Ti Hood Hinge.jpg
Ti Hood Latch 2.jpg

The transition to Probolts Titanium Hardware continues...

Please excuse the dirty engine bay. California is actually seeing some real Winter weather so the poor car is filthy.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Ti 1.jpg
I got super nerdy last night and busted out my refrigerant scale and did some quick and dirty math. On average, the Titanium Probolts Hardware weighs 50% less than the OEM steel hardware. That being said, I've pulled + or - 11.75oz. of steel hardware from the car. So, I currently have a weight savings of + or - 6oz.!
So worth it! ;)

I just ordered enough Ti flange nuts to replace all of the nuts on the 2 piece front rotors. This should look badass and save a smidge on unsprung rotational weight. :D

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #31 (Edited)
20190320_172725.jpg
The only place any product from Ikon Motorsports should be. It was garbage out of the box, garbage fitment, garbage quality, and self destructed after being on the car for a few days. The tabs are literally glued on and fell apart during installation and while driving. The thickness of the flimsy plastic, where it cracked, was less than an 1/16".
I've wasted plenty of money on cars but, this thing made me regret the purchase as soon as I laid eyes on it.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I've been off the grid for a bit after a hellish move into a new home. I have zero time for cars for a while. Wanted to update with this because they look so nice!
Got the JBA Shorty Headers back from SoCal. The welds look amazing. Very happy. Off to ceramic coating and then will install when I have time.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #34

Well, it finally started raining in the burning state of California. I pulled the old JLT Rain Shield out and damn if it wasn't beat up and ugly. Made a new one out of carbon fiber. Because racecar.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
So, rather than be that douchenozzle that keeps it all secret, here you go.
The CF stock is from McMaster Carr and matches the diagonal patterned stripes quite well if you plan it right. Cut your mounting holes as big as JLT did. They obviously learned some lessons and made the holes a bit big to adjust the shield for coverage.
My lesson learned? Buy thinner CF. I bought a 1/16" thick 18x18" plate.
Get 1/32. It'll be more pliable under the hood and cut like butter.
20191204_183832.jpg

21 - 35 of 35 Posts