SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
367 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen similar threads but not for a while: I am strongly considering trading my 2015 Charger Hellcat for a Grand Cherokee. (My wife is trading her Cherokee for a small car and we want a nice SUV between the two of us). My original plan was to go for the Trackhawk, but it's of course very expensive and I don't think I can swing it. I am now considering the Grand Cherokee SRT.

I do not race but love a "spirited drive" - anyone have experience with late model Trackhawk vs. Grand Cherokee SRT with any sage advice?

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
172 Posts
I have seen similar threads but not for a while: I am strongly considering trading my 2015 Charger Hellcat for a Grand Cherokee. (My wife is trading her Cherokee for a small car and we want a nice SUV between the two of us). My original plan was to go for the Trackhawk, but it's of course very expensive and I don't think I can swing it. I am now considering the Grand Cherokee SRT.

I do not race but love a "spirited drive" - anyone have experience with late model Trackhawk vs. Grand Cherokee SRT with any sage advice?

I currently have a Grant Cherokee SRT -2018. Its a great ride. Surprisingly quick from a dead stop. Fast for what it is...but certainly not fast compared to my Hellcat.

Its a great daily driver. Rides great. Handles fantastic for an SUV.

Overall I love it. But Its temporary as I only bought it while waiting for my Redeye to be delivered.

·
Registered
2017 Challenger SRT Hellcat
865 Posts
Not able to do the direct comparison you are asking for, but have a 2017 Hellcat Challenger and a 2015 Jeep SRT, both bought new. I can go from the Challenger to the Jeep without feeling like I’m stepping down, whatsoever. Agree with the previous poster’s comments. Handles great and has plenty of power for the street. To me, it feels surprisingly quick at anything below 80 or 90mph when the aerodynamics come into play.

If I had to get rid of my Hellcat for any reason, I would not feel compelled in any way to upgrade the SRT Jeep to a Trackhawk.

·
Super Moderator
Jeep GC Trackhawk
2,464 Posts
I traded in my Challenger Hellcat for an SRT Durango. The 392 SRT Durango was fun to drive, but I always missed the whine of the supercharger and the
absurd power of the Hellcat engine.

After about a year I came across a 2018 Trackhawk with only 16K miles and traded in the SRT Durango on it.
My only regret is that I should have just skipped the 392 and went straight for the Trackhawk.
The 0-60 mph in 3.1 sec. on the street is what really gets your attention with the Trackhawk.

If the SUV is going to be a daily driver and mpg matter to you, but you still want good performance, I would tell you to get the Jeep or Durango SRT.
If you don't care about mpg and want a completely ridiculous SUV, I would tell you to look for a low mileage used Trackhawk.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
374 Posts
Agree with everyone that has posted. I had a charger hellcat while my wife had a SRT Durango as a daily. Traded both for a Trackhawk. Had a prior SRT Jeep as well.
The Trackhawk only seems to get 1mpg worse than durango did if even that when my wife uses it to commute

My personal take here, I liked my SRT Jeep and Durango, but once you get used to having a blower, doing without one will take some getting used to. You have to rev the 392 to get any real acceleration vs a hellcat engine. If your launching the 392 can get the job done for sure. But from a roll was the only time my SRT Jeep and Durango kind of bummed me out. The rest of the vehicle is great though. If you choose a 392 powered Jeep and plan to keep it a long time the lifter failure can bite you. Other than that, they are great machines

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
172 Posts
I don’t know about buying an SRT for fuel mileage. The best I see with mine is 17.

I second this statement.

I average worse fuel economy in the Jeep as I did in my Kitty

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,898 Posts
If 232 extra horsepower and much better torque means nothing to you, get the SRT.
Also, if you will live more than once, you could get the SRT this time around.

Reactions: meangreen1o1

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
669 Posts
If you look hard enough you can find the Trackhawk for mid to low 80's new. We were close to getting one but ended up getting a Volvo XC90 T8 loaded for 82k.

Or have you considered the Durango Hellcat? Can get that loaded for low 80s!!! Somewhat having buyers remorse on the Volvo now that the Durango came out. But my wife loves the Volvo so lol. Crazy car, 415hp and can get 50 mpg!

·
Registered
208 Posts
I'm thinking once the dust settles with the delayed and anemic DDHC rollout there will be some for sale...price will be high initially until the supply demand balance is achieved.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,346 Posts
personally i would look else where. the jeep needs every hp the hellcat engine can give it, 5500lbs? or more? i had a 2014 srt jeep it was a pig while it felt sort of fast from 0-40 it would then fall on its face due to how much of a tank it was. my buddies stone stock audi a yes A6 would beat if from a light every time.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
39 Posts
Rolling even the Trackhawk can feel like a dog compared to a Hellcat! I've had both. From a stop though, can't beat it. Might be worth the wait on a TH - wait until the new Grand Cherokee comes out, might see some prices fall on the TH. Used car prices right now are up there as well - if you do do a trade make sure to get a good amount on your HC.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,898 Posts
Rolling even the Trackhawk can feel like a dog compared to a Hellcat! I've had both.
Indeed. Despite the 'Hawk's lower gearing, it does feel doggy compared to a 'Cat.
Seems like those extra 500 lbs. or so are unusually heavy.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts