SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Vote for the Site Favourite HOTM winner for the year of 2022 HERE!

green blower belt

3973 Views 19 Replies 11 Participants Last post by  Chancey
Has anyone figured out why the RE has a green blower belt? And have you noticed that some RE's in photos have the black?o_O
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,451 Posts
Maybe its a different size pulley?

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye
1,389 Posts
I think any REs with a black belt might be pre-production...

I know this is an old post, but almost all of the photos of owners have a green belt, but the dodge website at the bottom of the build and price on a redeye has a green black belt. I was curious as well.

· Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,705 Posts
Yeah thats when mine snapped at about 11,000 miles. But I daily mine and drive it like it was built to be driven.
no kidding? my 2015 went over 60k miles on the factory belt. could still be going?

· Registered
2021 Redeye Super Stock
1,173 Posts
no kidding? my 2015 went over 60k miles on the factory belt. could still be going?
No kidding. Look at my original post.Yeah I thought it was strange too. I know these belts are under a lot of strain between full throttle and deceleration etc., but I was shocked thats all it lasted. Luckily I was about 1 mile from home. Just to be safe, I changed the idler pulleys and accessory belt too. No issue or noticeable wear noticed since. I have about 3,500 miles on the new one.

· Registered
2021 Redeye Super Stock
1,173 Posts
I screwed up. Didn’t buy the number part you recommended. Can’t explain.
You can probably return the one you bought. You can buy the correct belt here in Braselton GA. The company is called “Motion Industries”. Ask for Tammy @ 770 532 4268. It was cheap, and I got it quick. They are a distributor with several branches. Be sure you call the one in Braselton at the above number. Cheaper and they stock them there. Dodge wanted $169.00 for the same belt! I gave less than $50.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.