SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From out of nowhere, new car manager calls friday and says that my VON just got picked up and gave me a VIN. After picking myself up off of the floor, I verified this with the nice people up at SRT via a phone call and they said expect D1 status by wednesday....like this coming wednesday.

Holy crap.

So, I've got the order in with the granite and sepia leather combo mainly for "stealth" but now thinking of reversing that plan. Grey may in fact be better - less waxing, washing, ect. and still blending in - kinda. I've had garage queens before so for therapy, i no longer let my toys live better than me.

Did i already say Holy crap?

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
2,014 Posts
If you have a VIN your not changing anything unless you don't wan't our cat this year.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,681 Posts
JD...don't even think of messing with your VIN. The time to modify your order was in VON Hell. Let sleeping dogs lay....lol

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
12,103 Posts
If you have a VIN your not changing anything unless you don't wan't our cat this year.
JD...don't even think of messing with your VIN. The time to modify your order was in VON Hell. Let sleeping dogs lay....lol
Ditto what they said and plus Granite is a deeper rich color than gray

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,013 Posts
From out of nowhere, new car manager calls friday and says that my VON just got picked up and gave me a VIN. After picking myself up off of the floor, I verified this with the nice people up at SRT via a phone call and they said expect D1 status by wednesday....like this coming wednesday.

Holy crap.

So, I've got the order in with the granite and sepia leather combo mainly for "stealth" but now thinking of reversing that plan. Grey may in fact be better - less waxing, washing, ect. and still blending in - kinda. I've had garage queens before so for therapy, i no longer let my toys live better than me.

Don't sweat it. Granite rocks.. It's the nicer of the two colors IMO. By Grey I'm assuming you mean Billet Silver.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
2,014 Posts
JD what is the number to call SRT? Now that I have my VIN I'm thinking about giving them a call.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,013 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
2,014 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,854 Posts
Granite rocks, changes color as the Beatles said-Let it be!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
488 Posts
I thought I saw some other threads around here saying you can make changes while in D status, just not once it moves to D1 status. Is that not the case or some of you just being nervous Nellies?

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
2,014 Posts
I thought I saw some other threads around here saying you can make changes while in D status, just not once it moves to D1 status. Is that not the case or some of you just being nervous Nellies?
Even if you could why take a chance at messing up the allocation and build. I know color isn't a big change but you never know. Take the D and run!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,662 Posts
I'd stick with the Granite, it looks even better on the car in person than in the pics. Silver seems to thin & fade fast for some reason (at least it does here in FL).

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
488 Posts
Even if you could why take a chance at messing up the allocation and build. I know color isn't a big change but you never know. Take the D and run!
Well what I was hoping is that someone might actually know definitively whether or not changes in D status delay the car or not. So far though it seems like no one actually knows, it's just speculation. If that's all I have to go by then yeah, no way I'm changing anything.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
2,014 Posts
Well what I was hoping is that someone might actually know definitively whether or not changes in D status delay the car or not. So far though it seems like no one actually knows, it's just speculation. If that's all I have to go by then yeah, no way I'm changing anything.
For what it's worth when I got my car it was a stock order that they put my name on. They said they could still do it because it was just in BX not a D status at that time.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
270 Posts
I went back and forth between granite and billet also. Finally decided on billet because I plan on doing some type of matte black stripe or graphic on it. Figured there would be more of a contrast on the billet.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
259 Posts
I went back and forth between granite and billet also. Finally decided on billet because I plan on doing some type of matte black stripe or graphic on it. Figured there would be more of a contrast on the billet.
Good choice, I've got Billet and it looks spectacular!!! I'm looking at doing a stripe or graphic on it as well. Not sure what yet, but when I get it done I'll post pics.

Reactions: 707hpcharger

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
6,854 Posts

Holy crap.

I know it's not an HC but look at that beautiful color!

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Hood

Reactions: intercooler
1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.