SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone who has either one of these companies insuring your Challenger (or other vehicle you own), and you made a claim, how was the service? Did they cancel? I’m looking at these two companies and checking out the reviews. I’ve seen a couple of comments on websites with review ratings and the rater stated that they had filed one claim and Grundy’s cancelled their insurance. Ratings seem to be slightly better for Grundy's. I've seen comments in the ratings that some customers had problems with Hagerty's customer service.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
65 Posts
Never made a claim so I can't comment on that aspect, but I use Grundy for multiple vehicles and they were quite a bit cheaper than Hagerty. The customer service over phone and e-mail was also better with Grundy. If customer service goes downhill however, I will go elsewhere.

·
Registered
2020 SRT Super Stock
45 Posts
I've been with Grundy since 2008 and haven't had a claim so no help on the claim aspect. I had Haggerty for 10 years prior to 2008 and had a $2200 claim which they handled professionally but raised my rates which sent me shopping. Grundy has been collecting a nice annuity from me for 13 years the way I see it.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,932 Posts
Ive been with Hagerty since ‘03 on my Roadrunner. Had one claim in those years. Paid very well. Shopped Grundy when I added the HC in 2018. Not enough of a savings to warrant leaving Hagerty. Paying 1400 and change/yr. for both cars with 55k replacement value on each.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
99 Posts
Grundy had good rates on my 01 740 with 56K miles and 06 M3 with 44K miles, but they didn't want to write my 17 Focus RS. What I mean by that is that their quote for that particular car was insanely unreasonable, like 3K, so I stayed with Allstate for my Focus RS and Taco TRD Pro manual, and Hagerty for the 2 BMW's.

Grundy will write all your cars, though in my case they didn't want to write one of the cars, so they got none of the business.

Hagerty as others have mentioned, will only write you if you have other daily drivers insured with regular auto insurance.

·
Registered
2017 Challenger HC 6M
229 Posts
Does Grundy have any kind of limitations? I didn’t see anything in the online proposal.
I just did a quote and they are over $100/month than what I’m paying GEICO now! I think I may need to increase some of the liability amounts though...they seemed in the low side.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,932 Posts
Forgot to mention, Hagerty wanted a copy of my “High Performance Driving Resume” before insuring the HC. Not a problem but sorta bs asking for it after I’d been a customer for 15 yrs. by that time.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have been fortunate to not have any claims with Hagerty, but i do have a couple cars insured with Hargerty the rates seem to get even better when you do multiple cars. (still must have a daily driver) The process was very simple to add the Hellcat, no driving resume just some pictures and how much i wanted it insured for. Hagerty does have agents, and i found that rates are cheaper if you have an agent with a larger book then just going through Hagerty online. I didn't check Grundy, but Hagerty was much cheaper then several standard insurance companies. PM me if you are interested in an Hagerty agent's contact info.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
65 Posts
Does Grundy have any kind of limitations? I didn’t see anything in the online proposal.
I just did a quote and they are over $100/month than what I’m paying GEICO now! I think I may need to increase some of the liability amounts though...they seemed in the low side.
I only use Grundy's collector car program with an agreed value but these are the conditions;

COVERAGE IS CONTINGENT UPON COMPLIANCE WITH THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS

STORAGE: While not in use, my vehicle(s) will be kept in a fully enclosed garage.

USE: 1. My vehicle(s) will be used on a limited basis consistent with the operation of a collectible vehicle such as occasional pleasure drives and club/hobby activities. 2. My vehicles(s) will not be used frequently for regular driving such as driving to and from work or school, shopping, errands, general transportation, or back-up use.

INSURED REGULAR USE AUTO: 1. Each driver within my household has a separately insured regular use of vehicle of which he or she is the primary operator. 2. All of the regular use vehicles in my household are insured by a separate personal auto insurance policy (or if a business auto policy, with the appropriate personal liability endorsements), maintained in my name (if owned by me), in full force and effect for the entire term of this policy. 3. In no event will this policy serve as my household s only auto insurance.

REPLICA/KIT CAR As a condition of any coverage provided by Philadelphia Indemnity Insurance Company, you must register your vehicle within 5 business days. Once your vehicle has been registered with the state and issued a VIN number, please provide us with this information within 10 days. Upon receipt of this information, we shall issue you an updated Insurance ID card as well as provide the DMV in your state with evidence of coverage for your vehicle(s).

·
Registered
2017 Challenger HC 6M
229 Posts
I only use Grundy's collector car program with an agreed value but these are the conditions;

COVERAGE IS CONTINGENT UPON COMPLIANCE WITH THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS

STORAGE: While not in use, my vehicle(s) will be kept in a fully enclosed garage.

USE: 1. My vehicle(s) will be used on a limited basis consistent with the operation of a collectible vehicle such as occasional pleasure drives and club/hobby activities. 2. My vehicles(s) will not be used frequently for regular driving such as driving to and from work or school, shopping, errands, general transportation, or back-up use. INSURED

REGULAR USE AUTO: 1. Each driver within my household has a separately insured regular use of vehicle of which he or she is the primary operator. 2. All of the regular use vehicles in my household are insured by a separate personal auto insurance policy (or if a business auto policy, with the appropriate personal liability endorsements), maintained in my name (if owned by me), in full force and effect for the entire term of this policy. 3. In no event will this policy serve as my household s only auto insurance.

REPLICA/KIT CAR As a condition of any coverage provided by Philadelphia Indemnity Insurance Company, you must register your vehicle within 5 business days. Once your vehicle has been registered with the state and issued a VIN number, please provide us with this information within 10 days. Upon receipt of this information, we shall issue you an updated Insurance ID card as well as provide the DMV in your state with evidence of coverage for your vehicle(s).
Thanks posting that, looks like I'm going to be out for Grundy and Hagerty for the Hellcat. Surprised they didn't put this info when I was entering all my detailed info during the online quote.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts