SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 330 Posts

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
A shame there will be dumb ADM & it's much more $ than a Hellcat once you add options. Maybe if they do awesome lease deals like the Hellcat, I'll be a player.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Weighs in over 4200 lbs. now. It’ll be interesting to see how it really performs in the coming months.

·
Premium Member
5,004 Posts
Yes, let's see the faster runs so people with Mopar blinders on can whine & make excuses lol
No Mopar blinders here. The GT500 is fast but stcok Redeyes are just as fast if not faster. I couldn't care less if the GT500 was faster. I wouldn't buy one if it ran 9s. I went [email protected] stock with DR's maybe a GT500 will go faster with DR's. Redeyes are running low 10s. Nothing to see here the GT500 is late in the game.

·
Premium Member
5,004 Posts
The 10.6 was ran on April 3rd at Bradenton Motorsports Park in Florida. HMMMMMM interesting.

"At the official media launch Ford organized in Las Vegas for the GT500, REVan Evan did the quarter mile in an already impressive 10.89 seconds at 130 mph (209 kph), but he later had the opportunity to improve his time. In a private test conducted at the Bradenton Motorsports Park in Florida, he managed to shave off 0.28 seconds compared to his initial run and ended up with a time of 10.61 at 133 mph (214 kph) with a completely stock car."

So he later improved his time on April 3rd 2019. I love catching the Ford lovers bullshit. Do I have to spell the bullshit out for you guys lol. OOPS someone forgot to cut the date out of the slip. AHAHAHAHA

Lets pretend the date doesn't matter LOL and that he got a GT500 before everyone or maybe he has a time machine. His 10.6 run has the same 60ft as his 10.9 runs so he somehow knocked off 3 tenths and added 3 mph to a time in the past 100% stock on stock tires. What a joke. I love this. BABABABABABULLLLLLLSHIIIIIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bring your GT500s to the track slap on some DR's I will put $1000 you will loose to my stock Redeye. Don't believe everything you read boys. People do lie. Especially slow Ford owners.

https://www.motor1.com/news/379132/2020-shelby-gt500-quarter-mile/

·
Registered
39 Posts
The 10.6 was ran on April 3rd at Bradenton Motorsports Park in Florida. HMMMMMM interesting.

"At the official media launch Ford organized in Las Vegas for the GT500, REVan Evan did the quarter mile in an already impressive 10.89 seconds at 130 mph (209 kph), but he later had the opportunity to improve his time. In a private test conducted at the Bradenton Motorsports Park in Florida, he managed to shave off 0.28 seconds compared to his initial run and ended up with a time of 10.61 at 133 mph (214 kph) with a completely stock car."

So he later improved his time on April 3rd 2019. I love catching the Ford lovers bullshit. Do I have to spell the bullshit out for you guys lol. OOPS someone forgot to cut the date out of the slip. AHAHAHAHA

Lets pretend the date doesn't matter LOL and that he got a GT500 before everyone or maybe he has a time machine. His 10.6 run has the same 60ft as his 10.9 runs so he somehow knocked off 3 tenths and added 3 mph to a time in the past 100% stock on stock tires. What a joke. I love this. BABABABABABULLLLLLLSHIIIIIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bring your GT500s to the track slap on some DR's I will put $1000 you will loose to my stock Redeye. Don't believe everything you read boys. People do lie. Especially slow Ford owners.

https://www.motor1.com/news/379132/2020-shelby-gt500-quarter-mile/
View attachment 545426 View attachment 545427
One thing I noticed is Evan can not cut a good reaction time...When I get my Redeye , I would love to race him...My Redeye just hit JB status in its build today...It is pretty much built now.

On April 3rd air temps were in the low 60's in Bradenton FL and that track is 73 ft elevation above sea level...He had pretty good air , assume great track prep for private event.

All I can say is that the Ford fans are talking so much shit right now dogging the Hellcats it is disgusting...I live in NJ about 90 minutes from Atco which is arguably the quickest track in the country when you factor in the low elevation above sea level and the cold dry crisp NJ spring/fall air.
The best times will happen there.
One stock Redeye did 10.32 there...Few others are doing multiple 10.3's with their cars stock as well...No fluke it is a 10.3 car...I think a 10.2 will happen in perfect air at Atco.

To be honest I do not think a drag radial will make a big difference on a GT500 because that car is designed to be optimal on radials...It will never see 1.4 60 ft times...I say 1.60 or maybe 1.59 at best...I think the DCT trans and the lack of torque of the engine at launch will hold it back.

No matter what happens , the Redeye is a much nicer and classier looking car...More comfortable car and mine with demon 309 rear , convienence group and comfort group is costing me $71,561 out the door.A GT500 with no dealer mark up out the door with a few options will be well over 100K.

In the end it is still just a Mustang.....

·
Administrator
7,590 Posts
One thing I noticed is Evan can not cut a good reaction time...When I get my Redeye , I would love to race him...My Redeye just hit JB status in its build today...It is pretty much built now.

On April 3rd air temps were in the low 60's in Bradenton FL and that track is 73 ft elevation above sea level...He had pretty good air , assume great track prep for private event.

All I can say is that the Ford fans are talking so much shit right now dogging the Hellcats it is disgusting...I live in NJ about 90 minutes from Atco which is arguably the quickest track in the country when you factor in the low elevation above sea level and the cold dry crisp NJ spring/fall air.
One stock Redeye did 10.32 there...Few others are doing multiple 10.3's with their cars stock as well...No fluke it is a 10.3 car...I think a 10.2 will happen in perfect air at Atco.

To be honest I do not think a drag radial will make a big difference on a GT500 because that car is designed to be optimal on radials...It will never see 1.4 60 ft times...I say 1.60 or maybe 1.59 at best...I think the DCT trans and the lack of torque of the engine at launch will hold it back.

No matter what happens , the Redeye is a much nicer and classier looking car...More comfortable car and mine with demon 309 rear , convienence group and comfort group is costing me $71,561 out the door.A GT500 with no dealer mark up out the door with a few options will be well over 100K.

If you are by chance 90min north of Atco. You might consider a trip just over the border and see what our track brings. 😉
Fwiw the times I ran last weekend, if I put the stock wheels on the front. The car would likely have run in the 10.4's with just a drag radial.
;)

·
Registered
387 Posts

Allegedly, the 10.6 run was in 30.10 baro ( which is huge) and +975 DA. The big Baro is most likely why the car ran much quicker and at +3 mph. A drag radial would surely make the car quicker and a 133 mph trap speed is good for 10.3s in a car that allegedly weighs 4200 lbs. 1.4 60fts should also be possible.

That being said, I ran 10.32 in stock redeye with drag wheels/tires at 4600 lbs with me in it back in May in +1200 DA and 29.20 Baro without killer air, mineshaft DA or big Baro. Give a stock redeye on drag whheels and tires the same air that ford went 10.6 in and 10.1s or better is very possible at full weight.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Allegedly, the 10.6 run was in 30.10 baro ( which is huge) and +975 DA. The big Baro is most likely why the car ran much quicker and at +3 mph. A drag radial would surely make the car quicker and a 133 mph trap speed is good for 10.3s in a car that allegedly weighs 4200 lbs. 1.4 60fts should also be possible.

That being said, I ran 10.32 in stock redeye with drag wheels/tires at 4600 lbs with me in it back in May in +1200 DA and 29.20 Baro without killer air, mineshaft DA or big Baro. Give a stock redeye on drag whheels and tires the same air that ford went 10.6 in and 10.1s or better is very possible at full weight.
I just found out today that my custom order Redeye is in JB status...On 10/4 I ordered a narrow body , Indigo blue Redeye with the Demon 309 rear , Convienence group and comfort group with the leather/Alcantare seats.
My goal with this car is to run 10.27 completely stock with just a rear drag radial in Atco NJ in perfect crisp dry 50 degree high pressure air with a negative DA...Hopefully take down a GT500 in the process...The last couple days the arrogance and shit talk from the Ford fans is disgusting...Mustan6g forum has blown up with smack.
I am leaving everything alone for now but my goal is to pop a 9.90 some day...I would like to do it on a racegas tune tune no E85 and without a pulley change if possible.
Maybe just a Demon tune.

If you ever plan on racing at Atco NJ some time hit me up...Be cool to meet you.

As for me trying to hit my goal I think you are the man to get the whole car set up with wheels and tires from and driving tips from.

·
Premium Member
2,004 Posts
Some great posts here with incredible performances by stock Red-eye Hellcats. Not sure why Ford guys are targeting the stock Hellcat as a baseline comparison. It's a 5 year old break through technology. They should be looking at Red-eye performance comparisons. Given the weight and HP difference, this is more apples to apples! Good luck Ford guys, I'm betting on the Red-eye 1/4 mile performance...

😎

·
Premium Member
7,931 Posts
Some great posts here with incredible performances by stock Red-eye Hellcats. Not sure why Ford guys are targeting the stock Hellcat as a baseline comparison. It's a 5 year old break through technology. They should be looking at Red-eye performance comparisons. Given the weight and HP difference, this is more apples to apples! Good luck Ford guys, I'm betting on the Red-eye 1/4 mile performance...

😎
They are going to look for the base Cats and quickly run up against someone with minor mods that will lay waste to them.

·
Registered
387 Posts
I just found out today that my custom order Redeye is in JB status...On 10/4 I ordered a narrow body , Indigo blue Redeye with the Demon 309 rear , Convienence group and comfort group with the leather/Alcantare seats.
My goal with this car is to run 10.27 completely stock with just a rear drag radial in Atco NJ in perfect crisp dry 50 degree high pressure air with a negative DA...Hopefully take down a GT500 in the process...The last couple days the arrogance and shit talk from the Ford fans is disgusting...Mustan6g forum has blown up with smack.
I am leaving everything alone for now but my goal is to pop a 9.90 some day...I would like to do it on a racegas tune tune no E85 and without a pulley change if possible.
Maybe just a Demon tune.

If you ever plan on racing at Atco NJ some time hit me up...Be cool to meet you.

As for me trying to hit my goal I think you are the man to get the whole car set up with wheels and tires from and driving tips from.
I'm working on an Atco trip for late November now. It is the works but not yet finalized. I'd be happy to meet up, hangout and help out. Hopefully the trip works out.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
No Mopar blinders here. The GT500 is fast but stcok Redeyes are just as fast if not faster. I couldn't care less if the GT500 was faster. I wouldn't buy one if it ran 9s. I went [email protected] stock with DR's maybe a GT500 will go faster with DR's. Redeyes are running low 10s. Nothing to see here the GT500 is late in the game.
You were not stock with a DR. ;) The GT500 is a dual threat, not just the one trick pony that our cars our. ;)
No one is saying GT500 is the only fast car out there. Plenty of cars faster than the RE too. Always someone faster.

·
Registered
1,565 Posts

Love when people say they ran X "stock" then go on to say they had a tire, drag wheel setup, etc LMAO

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
RT does not change the ET.

You mean hero runs like what Dodge did w/the Demon? Glass house! ;)

Never say never.

No matter what happens , the Redeye is a much nicer and classier looking car...
Looks are subjective so we'll leave that argument outside. Nicer? How do you know, driven a new GT500 yet? There is nothing special about the build quality. In fact, they are severely lacking on interior quality given the sticker price.

More comfortable car and mine with demon 309 rear , convienence group and comfort group is costing me $71,561 out the door.A GT500 with no dealer mark up out the door with a few options will be well over 100K.

Again, driven a GT500 to compare the comfort? Pretty sure the GT500 has a better suspension setup. Yup, you'll be able to get one over $100k, but can't you already load a RE up to over $100k and/or didn't the Demon sell for $100k+?

In the end, our cars are still just a Dodge Charger/Challenger with a big motor. Let's not act elite here as we drive a Dodge, not a McLaren...

1 - 20 of 330 Posts