SRT Hellcat Forum banner

181 - 200 of 330 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Take it easy, this remains a Hellcat Forum, and with that I will remind you some dude close to you never had it on a drag strip and his recorder has an 11.4 and 132 mph. I heard he was just out checking his new DIRS brace and took it slow on the launch.
My point is that it is irrelevant what times journos put up. Of course the RE is a <11 car regardless if a writer can do it or not. Ditto for GT500. An utterly pointless metric.

·
Registered
145 Posts
he "10.6" from the GT500 was not a production vehicle
Who said anything about the GT500? Let me ask again, is there a single magazine test of the RE that went sub 11? Post a link.

As an aside maybe you are not aware but Stangmode did 10.8 in the GT500 at the vegas press event in a hot car at 1800 DA. The whole thing is on camera. This would be <10.6 in a cool car at sea level.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Who said anything about the GT500? Let me ask again, is there a single magazine test of the RE that went sub 11? Post a link.
Ok.

What're you gonna run your mouth about next?
As an aside maybe you are not aware but Stangmode did 10.8 in the GT500 at the vegas press event in a hot car at 1800 DA. The whole thing is on camera. This would be <10.6 in a cool car at sea level.
Except he wasn't in cool weather at sea level and didn't do a 10.6. He did 10.8. Whether it was uphill or with a 50 MPH headwind or in 135 degrees heat with 150% humidity or whatever is all just excuses. You run what you run and that is it. If I had a dime for every person who ran X but if this or if that was the case then they woulda run this or that, then I'd be wealthy. LOL!! He ran 10.8.

·
Registered
333 Posts
My point is that it is irrelevant what times journos put up. Of course the RE is a <11 car regardless if a writer can do it or not. Ditto for GT500. An utterly pointless metric.
It is just as relevant as the gimmicks you keep quoting from Evans run. What you see the journalists report is what you'll get out of the vehicle if run on unprepped surfaces in DD form. What you see from others is what the car will run at it's absolute best in the absolute best conditions. But guess what. It doesn't matter that the GT500 can run a 10.6 on a prepped track with the absolute best driver at the wheel and with every condition met when you get stomped at a light. That car is not running a 10.6 in every day driving mode. And there will be plenty of cars with slower max quarter mile runs that will destroy that thing light to light and embarrass you. That thing is going to be the only "10.6" second car that performs like a mid 11 sec car on the streets. So you say Stangmode got a 10.8 because it was hot weather. And others couldn't even run that fast. Some were mid 11s. So what good is the car if it can only be fast in cold weather and with the best drivers? If I live in Texas or places with high heat and humidity then that car is going to get it's butt kicked after 10 minutes of driving. So what, you gonna drive all the way up to the Northeast and wait for cool weather before you can race someone?

·
Premium Member
7,931 Posts
I am good with ya, brother. Post #175 was worrying me, you were pushing 11 seconds plus, as an average for the RE which is not hard to do at all. You guys should meet up for some cars and coffee. I bet you would be best of friends, your all very passionate about your cars. We will get together to compare notes and toys for the couple of weeks it may warm up in these parts next season! This weather bites.

·
Registered
145 Posts
So you say Stangmode got a 10.8 because it was hot weather. And others couldn't even run that fast. Some were mid 11s.
Your point is that Evan's 10.6 is not representative because you claim that it was done with a (((secret))) car in (((secret))) conditions. But this is demonstrably false since Stangmode put up a 10.8 in a press car in terrible conditions. Further, it is on camera for all of the world to see.

Meanwhile, you ignore the wretched times that journos put up in the RE. Do you think the RE is a 11.4 car? Me neither. But Baller-Tach logic proclaims that a 23 y.o. English major at Motor Trend is the end all arbiter of 1/4 performance and the RE is therefore an 11.4 sec car.

I am sure that you are a great guy but this conversation has become painfully boring and in the interest of both of our mental health I am going to have to hit the ignore button.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Your point is that Evan's 10.6 is not representative because you claim that it was done with a (((secret))) car in (((secret))) conditions. But this is demonstrably false since Stangmode put up a 10.8 in a press car in terrible conditions. Further, it is on camera for all of the world to see.
I didn't say "secret" car or "secret" location. I said it was a pre-production GT500. Which it was. And I said he ran it at his home track during a private session. Which he did. I can post the link that says all that if you want. Fact. It was a pre-production GT500. Fact. He ran it at his track and it was a private session. Fact. Stangmode did not run a 10.6. Terrible conditions my ass. He couldn't hack it. End of story.
Meanwhile, you ignore the wretched times that journos put up in the RE. Do you think the RE is a 11.4 car? Me neither. But Baller-Tach logic proclaims that a 23 y.o. English major at Motor Trend is the end all arbiter of 1/4 performance and the RE is therefore an 11.4 sec car.

I am sure that you are a great guy but this conversation has become painfully boring and in the interest of both of our mental health I am going to have to hit the ignore button.
LOL, here, again, is the sub-11 sec run that you asked me to post a link to.

Funny how you leave the argument as soon as you're proven wrong.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I am good with ya, brother. Post #175 was worrying me, you were pushing 11 seconds plus, as an average for the RE which is not hard to do at all. You guys should meet up for some cars and coffee. I bet you would be best of friends, your all very passionate about your cars. We will get together to compare notes and toys for the couple of weeks it may warm up in these parts next season! This weather bites.
I try to get along with everyone. But some people can't tolerate any criticism or anything less than adoration when it comes to some of these cars. I made a few statements that I backed up. First off was that the "10.6" by Evans was a bit misleading. It was. Here is something to note quoted from an article:

"At the official media launch Ford organized in Las Vegas for the GT500, REVan Evan did the quarter mile in an already impressive 10.89 seconds at 130 mph (209 kph), but he later had the opportunity to improve his time. In a private test conducted at the Bradenton Motorsports Pack in Florida, he managed to shave off 0.28 seconds compared to his initial run and ended up with a time of 10.61 at 133 mph (214 kph) with a completely stock car."

They claim that Evan did a 10.89 but then "later" had the opportunity to improve that time. That was false as he ran the 10.6 back in March. The 10.89 was in October. The date/time stamps on the slips prove that. Back in March that was a pre-production model. Also, like I said, it was a private session. As mentioned in the article. Nothing I said was made up or false. Here is the article if anyone wants to look at it.

On top of that I mentioned that unless the GT500 is tested on a prepped track and in the same manner that Evan tested it, or use the same methods that Evan used, it likely will not run a 10.6 bone stock on stock tires. I followed that up with mentioning that mags like C&D and MT do not use the same methods and therefore will not be running a time close to 10.6. Here is another direct quote from C&D:

"The Shelby GT500 is the quickest Mustang Ford has ever built. The company says the 760-hp muscle car will rocket to 60 mph in 3.3. seconds on its way to a 10.7-second quarter-mile. Achieving those times will require ideal conditions, including a prepped surface like you’d find at a drag strip. Using Car and Driver's test procedures on clean pavement, we estimate the GT500's acceleration times will slide back to 3.5 and 11.0seconds, respectively."

Here is that article.

I then posted several links to magazines posting times none of which were close to what Evan did. That is all I have been saying from the beginning. Magazine journalists are not shitty drivers. They typically run slower times only because they are not using the same methods that someone like Evan or Stangmode use. And they typically do not run their cars on prepped tracks. Nor do they look to run it at the best tracks with the best DA possible. So nobody should expect to see GT500s running 10.6 bone stock on stock tires as the norm because it won't be. What you'll see will be a wide range of times with most averages being in the mid 11s. On DRs it will be much faster of course. I'd say you'll start seeing mid 10s on DRs

·
Registered
371 Posts
I try to get along with everyone. But some people can't tolerate any criticism or anything less than adoration when it comes to some of these cars. I made a few statements that I backed up. First off was that the "10.6" by Evans was a bit misleading. It was. Here is something to note quoted from an article:

"At the official media launch Ford organized in Las Vegas for the GT500, REVan Evan did the quarter mile in an already impressive 10.89 seconds at 130 mph (209 kph), but he later had the opportunity to improve his time. In a private test conducted at the Bradenton Motorsports Pack in Florida, he managed to shave off 0.28 seconds compared to his initial run and ended up with a time of 10.61 at 133 mph (214 kph) with a completely stock car."

They claim that Evan did a 10.89 but then "later" had the opportunity to improve that time. That was false as he ran the 10.6 back in March. The 10.89 was in October. The date/time stamps on the slips prove that. Back in March that was a pre-production model. Also, like I said, it was a private session. As mentioned in the article. Nothing I said was made up or false. Here is the article if anyone wants to look at it.

On top of that I mentioned that unless the GT500 is tested on a prepped track and in the same manner that Evan tested it, or use the same methods that Evan used, it likely will not run a 10.6 bone stock on stock tires. I followed that up with mentioning that mags like C&D and MT do not use the same methods and therefore will not be running a time close to 10.6. Here is another direct quote from C&D:

"The Shelby GT500 is the quickest Mustang Ford has ever built. The company says the 760-hp muscle car will rocket to 60 mph in 3.3. seconds on its way to a 10.7-second quarter-mile. Achieving those times will require ideal conditions, including a prepped surface like you’d find at a drag strip. Using Car and Driver's test procedures on clean pavement, we estimate the GT500's acceleration times will slide back to 3.5 and 11.0seconds, respectively."

Here is that article.

I then posted several links to magazines posting times none of which were close to what Evan did. That is all I have been saying from the beginning. Magazine journalists are not shitty drivers. They typically run slower times only because they are not using the same methods that someone like Evan or Stangmode use. And they typically do not run their cars on prepped tracks. Nor do they look to run it at the best tracks with the best DA possible. So nobody should expect to see GT500s running 10.6 bone stock on stock tires as the norm because it won't be. What you'll see will be a wide range of times with most averages being in the mid 11s. On DRs it will be much faster of course. I'd say you'll start seeing mid 10s on DRs
Apparently, this 19 year old kid called Speed Phenom on his youtube channel from CA flew to Mich. to buy a Shadow Black GT500 and drive it home 2000+ miles. Along the way he had it dyno'd and hit the 1/4 mile at TX Motor Plex in Ennis TX. Ran 10.66 bone stock and 10.9 with a passenger. Guess we'll have to wait for his youtube post.

Just thinkin about all the shit given to Evan on here and elsewhere about how he must have cheated on his 10.61 run.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Apparently, this 19 year old kid called Speed Phenom on his youtube channel from CA flew to Mich. to buy a Shadow Black GT500 and drive it home 2000+ miles. Along the way he had it dyno'd and hit the 1/4 mile at TX Motor Plex in Ennis TX. Ran 10.66 bone stock and 10.9 with a passenger. Guess we'll have to wait for his youtube post.

Just thinkin about all the shit given to Evan on here and elsewhere about how he must have cheated on his 10.61 run.
I knew that he got one but did not know he did a run in it already. I LOLd when I saw him doing pulls in the rain in his first video. But does he write for a magazine? Not a legit time if not :whistle:

·
Registered
371 Posts
I knew that he got one but did not know he did a run in it already. I LOLd when I saw him doing pulls in the rain in his first video. But does he write for a magazine? Not a legit time if not :whistle:
No he does not write for a magazine. He has a popular youtube channel. I wonder how many miles were on the car and if he even changed the oil in it before he dyno'd and ran the 1/4?

·
Registered
145 Posts
No he does not write for a magazine. He has a popular youtube channel. I wonder how many miles were on the car and if he even changed the oil in it before he dyno'd and ran the 1/4?
I was joshing, any time is legit IMO. In the video when he picks it up the service manager says break in period is only 100 miles. Crazy.

·
Registered
146 Posts
One of my friends ordered his months ago, actually before that kid....his car isn’t ready for delivery at all. You sure he got his car?

·
Administrator
7,590 Posts
I haven't been following the thread but isn't he the guy that ran the 10.8 earlier?
One thing that many seam to forget here is that this thing doesn't have the same low end torque we do. So theoretically it should be easier to run a decent number with it. It also possibly won't see the same kind of gains we see with addition of a drag radial. But what do I know all my times are supposedly bs according to some. LOL
My only issue is the constant HC, RE bashing in here. We have people comparing the fastest GT500 times to date against joe average RE times. My car just spent most of sept and oct running 10.4's and in nov a few 10.3's with nothing more than 50lbs removed in some cases and wheels and tires. I say some cases because that wasn't every run.
Is that the norm? No but it did it and with more weight and less power than this car.
I still aint worried as I have won quite a few heads up races against faster cars than mine or this one.
Have fun praising the Ford in a Dodge forum and wonder why you get a hard time.🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
145 Posts
isn't he the guy that ran the 10.8 earlier?
Different guy. That was stangmode that ran 10.8 in vegas at +1800 DA.

Point taken on taking flak for talking up GT500 on hellcat forum but I will highlight that the very first run in private hands was a 10.66. It was not like the Demon where it took a whole lotta runs to replicate the 9.65 and even now a minority of runs are close (and no I am not pissing on the Demon or its 9.65). This was the very first run. The car is legit.

·
Registered
333 Posts

I would like for you to show me where I said he cheated. Because I'm sure I never said that. I have repeated myself on here enough times that you should not have misunderstood what I actually said. But I will repeat.

First, and again, I never said Evan cheated. I said that to say he ran 10.6 on the stock tires is misleading. I also said that the article about his runs, which I posted and quoted, was deceiving. The reasons for me stating that is because the article said "At the official media launch Ford organized in Las Vegas for the GT500, REVan Evan did the quarter mile in an already impressive 10.89 seconds at 130 mph (209 kph), but he later had the opportunity to improve his time. In a private test conducted at the Bradenton Motorsports Pack in Florida, he managed to shave off 0.28 seconds compared to his initial run and ended up with a time of 10.61 at 133 mph (214 kph) with a completely stock car." See the bold print. It was not a run that was done "later". In fact, it was done months earlier and it was a pre-production GT500 that he did it in. It was not the same GT500 that was run at the press event. I posted the link to the articles and if you look you will see that the date stamp on the 10.6 run was months before he ran the 10.8 at the press event. Hence, it was not "later" and it was not the same vehicle. Now if you can point out where any of this is untrue then please do so.

I also said the run was misleading because it was a private session and Evan is known for using techniques some of which are known and others of which he keeps secret. Again, I did not say he cheated. And what I did say was completely true.

Now I expressed my opinion that the RE is a faster car and I stand by that. I said that the only way someone is going to run a 10.6 or faster is if they use similar methods that Evan used. And I said that when this car gets tested by a magazine, it will not run close to a 10.6 because they do not use the same methods. I gave the GT500 it's due when I said that private, individual owners should be able to get those results.

Now I am not sure why this is difficult for anyone to understand. But everything I said was completely true.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I haven't been following the thread but isn't he the guy that ran the 10.8 earlier?
One thing that many seam to forget here is that this thing doesn't have the same low end torque we do. So theoretically it should be easier to run a decent number with it. It also possibly won't see the same kind of gains we see with addition of a drag radial. But what do I know all my times are supposedly bs according to some. LOL
My only issue is the constant HC, RE bashing in here. We have people comparing the fastest GT500 times to date against joe average RE times. My car just spent most of sept and oct running 10.4's and in nov a few 10.3's with nothing more than 50lbs removed in some cases and wheels and tires. I say some cases because that wasn't every run.
Is that the norm? No but it did it and with more weight and less power than this car.
I still aint worried as I have won quite a few heads up races against faster cars than mine or this one.
Have fun praising the Ford in a Dodge forum and wonder why you get a hard time.🤷‍♂️
The GT500 should without a question be faster than the HC and the RE. After all, they had 6 years to develop the thing and they used/benchmarked the competition to make it what it is. So if you're making a car specifically to beat a car that has been out for 4-5 years, and you have 6 years to do so, then there is no way you should not be faster. Yet the GT500 is not going to outrun the RE even tho it should and has every advantage besides HP and TQ. And even if it is I would have to wonder if it is by an amount that justifies needing 6 years and benchmarkers and a $74K price tag. If Ford had done all this 2-3 years ago then I would say they are competitive. But to come out in MY 2020 and have performance that just barely meets the competition that was out for several years is a bit lame.

As far as people praising the GT500. I get it. Some people are impressed. But to come onto a competing website bragging and telling people that unless they bet you then their opinion doesn't matter or calling us "Dodge fanboys" for having faith in a car that most of us paid over $70K for is a bit brash. Especially when there are several Mustang sites where they can all praise Mustangs together. Why do that crap here? Most people know that I have a ZL1 and a Hellcat. However I would never come on here insisting that the ZL1 is a better car and praising it and insulting other Hellcat owners. But it is what it is. As far as I'm concerned, the GT500 isn't setting any records or doing anything that hasn't been done. If anything, they just finally caught up and that is nothing for these guys to be bragging about.

·
Registered
371 Posts
The GT500 should without a question be faster than the HC and the RE. After all, they had 6 years to develop the thing and they used/benchmarked the competition to make it what it is. So if you're making a car specifically to beat a car that has been out for 4-5 years, and you have 6 years to do so, then there is no way you should not be faster. Yet the GT500 is not going to outrun the RE even tho it should and has every advantage besides HP and TQ. And even if it is I would have to wonder if it is by an amount that justifies needing 6 years and benchmarkers and a $74K price tag. If Ford had done all this 2-3 years ago then I would say they are competitive. But to come out in MY 2020 and have performance that just barely meets the competition that was out for several years is a bit lame.

As far as people praising the GT500. I get it. Some people are impressed. But to come onto a competing website bragging and telling people that unless they bet you then their opinion doesn't matter or calling us "Dodge fanboys" for having faith in a car that most of us paid over $70K for is a bit brash. Especially when there are several Mustang sites where they can all praise Mustangs together. Why do that crap here? Most people know that I have a ZL1 and a Hellcat. However I would never come on here insisting that the ZL1 is a better car and praising it and insulting other Hellcat owners. But it is what it is. As far as I'm concerned, the GT500 isn't setting any records or doing anything that hasn't been done. If anything, they just finally caught up and that is nothing for these guys to be bragging about.
I have an R and C7 Z51 M7 Corvette. I don't mind discussing the strengths and weaknesses of each in the interest of honest opinion from aspect of currently owning both. Isn't this the General Automotive Discussion section? Nobody is in the RE and Demon section trying to talk trash as far as I know. And it seems pretty tame in here too. As far as the 2020 GT500 goes...Ford has always taken a short hiatus between production of their specialty cars. Two year runs of this and that, then they produce this and then that... Blah blah blah. The 2020 GT500 was merely on hiatus per Ford's usual standard operating procedure. And when they decided to develop it again, of course they had to improve upon what's currently offered. And they did that. On the straight track and on the road course. We can argue price points and what is or isn't a better buy. Or what car can be a better buy with just x amount of $$$ thrown at it with mods. In the end one has a modified GT Mustang that's still a GT Mustang and one has a freakin Shelby GT500. Wouldn't you agree? A regular HC can be made faster than a Demon easy enough but it's still just a regular HC.

181 - 200 of 330 Posts