SRT Hellcat Forum banner

201 - 220 of 330 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
I have an R and C7 Z51 M7 Corvette. I don't mind discussing the strengths and weaknesses of each in the interest of honest opinion from aspect of currently owning both. Isn't this the General Automotive Discussion section? Nobody is in the RE and Demon section trying to talk trash as far as I know. And it seems pretty tame in here too. As far as the 2020 GT500 goes...Ford has always taken a short hiatus between production of their specialty cars. Two year runs of this and that, then they produce this and then that... Blah blah blah. The 2020 GT500 was merely on hiatus per Ford's usual standard operating procedure. And when they decided to develop it again, of course they had to improve upon what's currently offered. And they did that. On the straight track and on the road course. We can argue price points and what is or isn't a better buy. Or what car can be a better buy with just x amount of $$$ thrown at it with mods. In the end one has a modified GT Mustang that's still a GT Mustang and one has a freakin Shelby GT500. Wouldn't you agree? A regular HC can be made faster than a Demon easy enough but it's still just a regular HC.
Discussing strengths and weaknesses is one thing. It is completely different when a person insists on here that the GT500 is going to be faster and then challenges me to a bet and insists that I'm running my mouth if I don't take him up on his bet. Or makes mention that us Hellcat and RE owners are going to be "butthurt" or whatever when the GT500 does whatever. Yes this is the General Auto sub-forum. But again, this is still a Hellcat forum. All I'm saying is to have some respect. Nobody buys a car as expensive as these are just to have someone come on here talking about how a car from a different company is better. If it is that much better, then why isn't he, or you for that matter, buying one? It can't be that good if the people talking it up aren't even buying one.

A 6 year hiatus is not the same as a 2 year break from a specific trim. Especially when there is nothing to substitute or stand in for it. The GT500 has had a very long absence. The reason being is because the competition was that far ahead. Ford tried to release it in 2018 but they pushed it back to 2019. Then they realized they still weren't up to snuff so they pushed it back to 2020. And it seems that they still had some stuff to work out. But basically, Ford has had much more time than anyone else to develop their flagship car. They took about 2-3 times as much as everyone else. So like I said, they have no reason or excuse to not be faster than the competition. Especially when they were aiming at the competition this entire time. And it still remains to be seen if the GT500 actually will be faster when it gets tested next to a Redeye by a reputable source. Sure some kid on YouTube can make a video. But we'll see how it stacks up side by side soon. If it is faster then good for Ford for finally making something worthy of buying and competing against. If it isn't faster then it was a swing and a miss. We'll see. Until then I stand by my opinion that the Redeye will be the faster of the two.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussing strengths and weaknesses is one thing. It is completely different when a person insists on here that the GT500 is going to be faster and then challenges me to a bet and insists that I'm running my mouth if I don't take him up on his bet. Or makes mention that us Hellcat and RE owners are going to be "butthurt" or whatever when the GT500 does whatever. Yes this is the General Auto sub-forum. But again, this is still a Hellcat forum. All I'm saying is to have some respect. Nobody buys a car as expensive as these are just to have someone come on here talking about how a car from a different company is better. If it is that much better, then why isn't he, or you for that matter, buying one? It can't be that good if the people talking it up aren't even buying one.

A 6 year hiatus is not the same as a 2 year break from a specific trim. Especially when there is nothing to substitute or stand in for it. The GT500 has had a very long absence. The reason being is because the competition was that far ahead. Ford tried to release it in 2018 but they pushed it back to 2019. Then they realized they still weren't up to snuff so they pushed it back to 2020. And it seems that they still had some stuff to work out. But basically, Ford has had much more time than anyone else to develop their flagship car. They took about 2-3 times as much as everyone else. So like I said, they have no reason or excuse to not be faster than the competition. Especially when they were aiming at the competition this entire time. And it still remains to be seen if the GT500 actually will be faster when it gets tested next to a Redeye by a reputable source. Sure some kid on YouTube can make a video. But we'll see how it stacks up side by side soon. If it is faster then good for Ford for finally making something worthy of buying and competing against. If it isn't faster then it was a swing and a miss. We'll see. Until then I stand by my opinion that the Redeye will be the faster of the two.
You have no points here. Other than some ahole running their mouth challenging you to race with something they don't have and likely will not have. I, on the other hand, have an 18 R and a 15 Z51 that I bought new and I'm quite satisfied with them have zero reason to trade off to lose my ass for the next best thing. Will I get a GT500? It's 65% chance in year or two.

Like I said Ford takes a hiatus with their specialty cars. The Boss hasn't been produced since 2013 and 40 years before that. The Mach 1 back in 2003-04... One thing I respect about Ford is they do not dilute their specialty cars. You won't see Ford put a GT500 hood on a 5.0 ever. Or CF wheels from the 350R or GT500 on a lesser model ever. Or a 350 hood or R wing on trickle down. And if Ford indeed had to push the release of the GT500 back to get it right then so be it. Better for the consumer to NOT have to replace a SC'r or SC'r bearings or whatever... I think we're seeing that the GT500 will be a great performer straight out of the box. Runs mid 10's out of the box with a kid in drivers seat and still has it's driveshaft and axles intact. Oh, and then it's quite capable to drive over to the road course the same day to destroy a ZL1 LE.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hope SRT engineers are watching this. Ford did their homework when it comes to launch control and tires. The Hellcat launch control and Pirelli's sucks IMO. Love my Hellcat but have to say I'm impressed so far with the GT500.

·
Registered
333 Posts
You have no points here. Other than some ahole running their mouth challenging you to race with something they don't have and likely will not have. I, on the other hand, have an 18 R and a 15 Z51 that I bought new and I'm quite satisfied with them have zero reason to trade off to lose my ass for the next best thing. Will I get a GT500? It's 65% chance in year or two.
I have no idea what you mean by I have no points here. If you mean that you disagree then say you disagree. But don't sit here telling me that I have no points when I clearly explained things. I don't care what you buy. I'm just saying that every time I see someone talking up the GT500, it's someone who won't be buying one. So it can't be that good.

Like I said Ford takes a hiatus with their specialty cars. The Boss hasn't been produced since 2013 and 40 years before that. The Mach 1 back in 2003-04... One thing I respect about Ford is they do not dilute their specialty cars. You won't see Ford put a GT500 hood on a 5.0 ever. Or CF wheels from the 350R or GT500 on a lesser model ever. Or a 350 hood or R wing on trickle down. And if Ford indeed had to push the release of the GT500 back to get it right then so be it. Better for the consumer to NOT have to replace a SC'r or SC'r bearings or whatever... I think we're seeing that the GT500 will be a great performer straight out of the box. Runs mid 10's out of the box with a kid in drivers seat and still has it's driveshaft and axles intact. Oh, and then it's quite capable to drive over to the road course the same day to destroy a ZL1 LE.
Ford took 6 years this time because they were that far behind the competition. They tried to have it out by 2018. They couldn't. So they tried for 2019. They failed. So now they are finally bringing something to the table in 2020. That is the reason it took that long.

FCA started to tap into a lucrative market which was a smart idea. Why let the aftermarket get money for hoods etc when the manufacturer can get the money by adding cosmetic options? I don't care if a V6 Challenger has a Hellcat hood. If someone wants the hood on a car they can afford and FCA decides to turn a profit off it then so be it.

IAnd like I said, good for Ford that they finally did something that the competition has been doing for years. They're the last ones to the market by at least 3 years. I'm not much impressed by it. But if others are then maybe they haven't been seeing what the competition has been doing all this time. Either way it's good to have something else from FOrd to beat up on. I was getting tired of slapping around Mustang GTs and GT350s.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Ford took 6 years this time because they were that far behind the competition. They tried to have it out by 2018. They couldn't. So they tried for 2019. They failed. So now they are finally bringing something to the table in 2020. That is the reason it took that long.

IAnd like I said, good for Ford that they finally did something that the competition has been doing for years. They're the last ones to the market by at least 3 years. I'm not much impressed by it. But if others are then maybe they haven't been seeing what the competition has been doing all this time. Either way it's good to have something else from FOrd to beat up on. I was getting tired of slapping around Mustang GTs and GT350s.
I don't see it as Ford being so far behind the competition. The Hellcat was Dodge coming out big against the 13/14 GT500 and that was the competition for four years. Then 2019 introduced the RE, and now in 2020 the GT500 is coming out big against the RE. You're speaking as if Ford has had nothing to compare to the Hellcats performance and that just isn't the case.

Also, the cars.com article that you posted in reply to "show me an article that has the RE running sub 11's". Cars didn't run a sub 11. They simply stated that Dodge has claimed the RE is capable of 10.8's. There is no sub 11 mag time documented, that I could find.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Also, the cars.com article that you posted in reply to "show me an article that has the RE running sub 11's". Cars didn't run a sub 11. They simply stated that Dodge has claimed the RE is capable of 10.8's. There is no sub 11 mag time documented, that I could find.
Wrong. Here is a direct quote from the article.

"I had first shot at the drag strip, and right off the bat I scored an 11.40-second elapsed time with minimal burnout and not building any boost at the line, just stab and go, which is a stunning number for any car. The next run dropped to 11.20 at 125 mph, and the third came my closest to the goal of the 10-second mark, but not the fastest of the day, at 11.05 seconds at 125 mph. But from there, times began to elongate. After an hour of this, we switched drivers to the more experienced of our testing duo after letting the Redeye cool down for about half an hour or so.

Right out of the gate, Cars.com Managing Editor Joe Bruzek ran 11.10 before swinging around, lining up again, and blam — 10.88 seconds at 126 mph. Dodge assured us and we proved it: The 2019 Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye Widebody is indeed a 10-second car."

·
Registered
28 Posts
Wrong. Here is a direct quote from the article.

"I had first shot at the drag strip, and right off the bat I scored an 11.40-second elapsed time with minimal burnout and not building any boost at the line, just stab and go, which is a stunning number for any car. The next run dropped to 11.20 at 125 mph, and the third came my closest to the goal of the 10-second mark, but not the fastest of the day, at 11.05 seconds at 125 mph. But from there, times began to elongate. After an hour of this, we switched drivers to the more experienced of our testing duo after letting the Redeye cool down for about half an hour or so.

Right out of the gate, Cars.com Managing Editor Joe Bruzek ran 11.10 before swinging around, lining up again, and blam — 10.88 seconds at 126 mph. Dodge assured us and we proved it: The 2019 Challenger SRT Hellcat Redeye Widebody is indeed a 10-second car."
I apologize, somehow I completely missed that.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I have no idea what you mean by I have no points here. If you mean that you disagree then say you disagree. But don't sit here telling me that I have no points when I clearly explained things. I don't care what you buy. I'm just saying that every time I see someone talking up the GT500, it's someone who won't be buying one. So it can't be that good.
I don't think you're gettin what I'm puttin down man. You're explanations of why the GT500 "can't be that good" is based off a poor who can't afford one and me who can but really would rather wait for pricing to settle down and not give away an R to the stealership IF I decide to even trade it. You bring NO POINTS tot he table.

FCA started to tap into a lucrative market which was a smart idea. Why let the aftermarket get money for hoods etc when the manufacturer can get the money by adding cosmetic options? I don't care if a V6 Challenger has a Hellcat hood. If someone wants the hood on a car they can afford and FCA decides to turn a profit off it then so be it.

You can say it's late to the game but look what's in the game now. A walkoff HR. The game is over.

·
Registered
145 Posts
You have no points here. Other than some ahole running their mouth challenging you to race with something they don't have and likely will not have.
I am the A hole and the bet was not a race. See below.

This is the "bet" (except you do not have anything at stake). You do not have to pay me anything if it does run <10.6 stock or <10.2 on DRs in the hands of owners on a track within the year. I will paypal you $100 if it does not. See you in a year.
Baller-Tach wisely refused. Arguably he is the biggest GT500 leg humper of all as he was afraid to commit to his words even when he had no risk if he was wrong. He is signaling that he knows he is wrong but his ego will not allow him to admit it. He will now proceed to explain how none of this is accurate. He is still good people though.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I apologize, somehow I completely missed that.
It's all good. The way they wrote it is a bit confusing.
I don't think you're gettin what I'm puttin down man. You're explanations of why the GT500 "can't be that good" is based off a poor who can't afford one and me who can but really would rather wait for pricing to settle down and not give away an R to the stealership IF I decide to even trade it. You bring NO POINTS tot he table.
I don't think you understand. What you're mentioning, was one point out of a bunch of things. You focused on that one and came to a rash conclusion. There were several reasons why I said the GT500 is not as great as you and Klaus are trying to make it out to be. The fact that you are talking up something that you are not buying just solidifies it for me. The fact that I can't seem to find anyone who is talking this car up that is purchasing one on several forums I am on also solidifies that. Hey I could tell you all day how great the Aventador is. Maybe I'll shoot over to the Mustang forums and proceed to tell everyone that I think the Lambo is better than the GT500.

You can say it's late to the game but look what's in the game now. A walkoff HR. The game is over.
More like, a 3-pointer that was shot after the buzzer rang. It was a nice effort but the shot came too late. It is too late in the game to be showing up with performance levels that other cars shattered several years ago and bragging about it.

·
Registered
333 Posts
I am the A hole and the bet was not a race. See below.

Baller-Tach wisely refused. Arguably he is the biggest GT500 leg humper of all as he was afraid to commit to his words even when he had no risk if he was wrong. He is signaling that he knows he is wrong but his ego will not allow him to admit it. He will now proceed to explain how none of this is accurate. He is still good people though.
Committing to my words? I fully stand by everything I have said thus far. I do not have to gamble, or accept money from you when you are proven wrong, to commit to my words. I refused your gamble because I do not believe that is the way to handle things. Gambling money is a pitfall and it turns things ugly. I have seen that first hand in life and I refuse to be a part of it on an internet forum.

Now I have tried to be respectful in our debate. But it is getting to the point that you're starting to get a bit too bold. You started off telling me to "man up" or that my opinions on this don't matter because I won't gamble. Honestly, that is a stupid, immature, and pathetic way to look at things. But I digress. Now you're outright insulting me. Thru all of this there is nothing that I said that was false. And I have remained respectful to you despite your condescending and insulting behavior. So let me explain something to you, I do not have to gamble anything to stand by my words. I am a grown man and I make a shit load of money. I did not get to where I am in life by being foolish. Your $100 means absolutely nothing to me.

Now I will not compromise my beliefs. But since you insist, if you are wrong, then take that $100 that you're bragging about, and donate it to a charitable organization of MY choice. And then post a pic of the receipt. Or give the money to me and I'll donate it to a charitable organization and post a pic of the receipt. Or keep your money. I do not care what you do if you are wrong. I likewise, will match your $100 with my own $100 to a charitable organization if you are wrong. I will make a $100 donation even if you do not. However, If I am wrong then I will donate $100 to a charitable organization and post a pic of the receipt. I'll hold you to no monetary obligation. But I will not send you any money. The deadline is March 1st. Meaning the GT500 has to run a 10.6 or faster by March 1st 2020 and it has to be done bone stock on stock tires by Car & Driver or Motor Trend and side by side with a Redeye. The terms are not negotiable and do not require you to accept.

There. You have your bet and something good will come from all your arrogance, boasting, and huffing and puffing. So YOU man up. Either way, win or lose. I have nothing to gain from this AND I will be donating $100 regardless and I fully stand by my words. Let's see how great your commitment is. We'll see what happens when these two cars get tested side by side.

·
Registered
83 Posts
You have to give credit where credit is due. Anybody that has not watched "speed phenom" quarter mile runs on you tube in his base completely stock gt500 with stock tires doing easy 10.7 and a 10.6 runs I suggest you watch. The car hooks easily and is incredibly easy to launch. Does that mean I want a gt500? No absolutely not, but is that car a beast in stock form with no mods and on STOCK tires you better believe it!

·
Registered
88 Posts

The gt 500 is not going to destroy a zl1 1le on a track. It will be competitive but to use a word like destroy is comical. The gt500 imo is bad ass and I'd love to own one when the price is realistic.

·
Registered
371 Posts
The gt 500 is not going to destroy a zl1 1le on a track. It will be competitive but to use a word like destroy is comical. The gt500 imo is bad ass and I'd love to own one when the price is realistic.
Usually when when a vehicle (CFTP GT500) has 110 more hp and better handling it destroys something that does not. It's a hard concept for the camaro guys to wrap they mullets around.

·
Registered
333 Posts
GT500 does an 11.4 sec quarter mile with a 3.6 sec 0-60. Tested by C&D!!

Somebody notify Klaus.

As I've been saying...magazines like C&D and MT do not use the same methods that are used by people like Evans or other individual owners and private runs. Therefore you will not see it run a "10.6" under such conditions and without the special treatment it would need. Someone like Cars.com might come closer to "10.6" but I doubt even they will get there. I'd say 10.9-ish. In any case, there you have it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
GT500 does an 11.4 sec quarter mile with a 3.6 sec 0-60. Tested by C&D!!

Somebody notify Klaus.

As I've been saying...magazines like C&D and MT do not use the same methods that are used by people like Evans or other individual owners and private runs. Therefore you will not see it run a "10.6" under such conditions and without the special treatment it would need. Someone like Cars.com might come closer to "10.6" but I doubt even they will get there. I'd say 10.9-ish. In any case, there you have it.
Do you realize that the same article says under the same conditions the redeye widebody does a 11.8 at 125 mph? Do you really believe in C&D results? Then you believe the redeye is trapping 125 and the gt500 is 133. According to C&D the redeye is slower. I find those results hard to believe. Have I missed something here with Car and Driver??

·
Registered
333 Posts
Do you realize that the same article says under the same conditions the redeye widebody does a 11.8 at 125 mph? Do you really believe in C&D results? Then you believe the redeye is trapping 125 and the gt500 is 133. According to C&D the redeye is slower. I find those results hard to believe. Have I missed something here with Car and Driver??
Re-read my statement about how the cars are tested.

201 - 220 of 330 Posts