SRT Hellcat Forum banner

221 - 228 of 228 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Do you realize that the same article says under the same conditions the redeye widebody does a 11.8 at 125 mph? Do you really believe in C&D results? Then you believe the redeye is trapping 125 and the gt500 is 133. According to C&D the redeye is slower. I find those results hard to believe. Have I missed something here with Car and Driver??
Also says the gt500 beats the redeye 0-150 by 2.8 seconds! I would not quote that car and driver article to defend the redeye. Personally I don't care if the gt500 is faster I still like the Hellcat better!

·
Premium Member
7,867 Posts
Also says the gt500 beats the redeye 0-150 by 2.8 seconds! I would not quote that car and driver article to defend the redeye. Personally I don't care if the gt500 is faster I still like the Hellcat better!
Given the 1\4 mi speeds and times, that is physically impossible.

·
Registered
319 Posts
Even if it did that would be pointless since nobody races from 0 to 150 anyway.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Sure thing, brah.
I will make it easy on you. You do not have to put any money up. I will paypal you $100 if it does not run 10.6 bone stock and <10.4 on DRs within the year. You do not have to give me anything if it does happen. You do not even have to admit that you are wrong because I know that you will come up with a bunch of lame excuses when it does happen. And it will happen.

Bookmark this conversation so you can hold me to it.

This is me not talking smack.
Cool story champ. Your false bravado is as see thru as air. I never said it would not run a "10.6 bone stock" in the first place. You're trying to manipulate it to give yourself an out. It already did run a "10.6 bone stock". And there are plenty of people who will claim they did it or faster that will be on YT and other social media. I said that when MT (Motor Trend) or CD (Car & Driver) tests it the way they test cars, it is not going to do a 10.6 in the quarter mile bone stock. That is what I said. I tried to explain to you that MT and CD do not test cars the same way Evans did when he ran the 10.6 that you're soo hung up on. But you're fanboying too hard to listen to reason.

Now I don't want and certainly don't need your $100. But I will take it from you no problem. One hundred dollars is one hundred dollars and I will accept it with a smile on my face. I'll message you my Paypal info as soon as it is tested by MT or CD and doesn't run the 10.6.
There are multiple instances of you not mentioning anything about MT before this, which you conveniently ignore. Do you not remember your first goal post was Evan's doing something fishy to put up 10.6?

But no need to move goalposts when you can answer simply to the following

"In the hands of owners and on a drag strip, this car will do <10.6 bone stock and <10.2 on DRs."

Do you:
1. Agree
2. Disagree

I am not trying to be difficult just want to know since no one really cares what times a journalist puts up.

If you want that $100 you have to answer 1 or 2.

PS from the CD test of the RE:

"Dodge claims the Redeye should run a 10.8-second quarter-mile out of the box, but the best we could do was an 11.8"

I guess that settles it, the RE is a 11.8 car since that is the time CD put up. LOLOLOL
Keep your money dude. I don't have time for low stakes gambling or low budget ballers. Put it towards your GT500 fund instead.
Apparently, this 19 year old kid called Speed Phenom on his youtube channel from CA flew to Mich. to buy a Shadow Black GT500 and drive it home 2000+ miles. Along the way he had it dyno'd and hit the 1/4 mile at TX Motor Plex in Ennis TX. Ran 10.66 bone stock and 10.9 with a passenger. Guess we'll have to wait for his youtube post.

Just thinkin about all the shit given to Evan on here and elsewhere about how he must have cheated on his 10.61 run.
The GT500 should without a question be faster than the HC and the RE. After all, they had 6 years to develop the thing and they used/benchmarked the competition to make it what it is. So if you're making a car specifically to beat a car that has been out for 4-5 years, and you have 6 years to do so, then there is no way you should not be faster. Yet the GT500 is not going to outrun the RE even tho it should and has every advantage besides HP and TQ. And even if it is I would have to wonder if it is by an amount that justifies needing 6 years and benchmarkers and a $74K price tag. If Ford had done all this 2-3 years ago then I would say they are competitive. But to come out in MY 2020 and have performance that just barely meets the competition that was out for several years is a bit lame.

As far as people praising the GT500. I get it. Some people are impressed. But to come onto a competing website bragging and telling people that unless they bet you then their opinion doesn't matter or calling us "Dodge fanboys" for having faith in a car that most of us paid over $70K for is a bit brash. Especially when there are several Mustang sites where they can all praise Mustangs together. Why do that crap here? Most people know that I have a ZL1 and a Hellcat. However I would never come on here insisting that the ZL1 is a better car and praising it and insulting other Hellcat owners. But it is what it is. As far as I'm concerned, the GT500 isn't setting any records or doing anything that hasn't been done. If anything, they just finally caught up and that is nothing for these guys to be bragging about.
GT500 does an 11.4 sec quarter mile with a 3.6 sec 0-60. Tested by C&D!!

Somebody notify Klaus.

As I've been saying...magazines like C&D and MT do not use the same methods that are used by people like Evans or other individual owners and private runs. Therefore you will not see it run a "10.6" under such conditions and without the special treatment it would need. Someone like Cars.com might come closer to "10.6" but I doubt even they will get there. I'd say 10.9-ish. In any case, there you have it.
Do you realize that the same article says under the same conditions the redeye widebody does a 11.8 at 125 mph? Do you really believe in C&D results? Then you believe the redeye is trapping 125 and the gt500 is 133. According to C&D the redeye is slower. I find those results hard to believe. Have I missed something here with Car and Driver??

lololol. I see you guys have met " Blaqwhole " from Camaro6.

he claimed, before speedphenom got his car and the subsequent videos, that a C8, HRE, and ZLE will ALL outrun a gt500 on a dragstrip , bone stock for stock.

I told him, as my car is due in 14 days, we are both local to Atco

That Since he has 2 of the 3, and I have GT500, I will pay for a Private Rental of Atco, and take him to task
Since im poor and he is rich, he alrready stated no amount of $$ could be placed for him to take that bet.

As such, I said the stakes should then be, If the GT500 is faster, same track same day, he leaves the C6 forums never to return. If the GT500 is NOT faster than ALL of them, I would leave, never to return.

I was immidiatly banned, even after having been a member for over 6 years

Blaqwhole / Hell-tach

Do you still not want to take that bet, and make it for this forum instead?

·
Registered
129 Posts
lololol. I see you guys have met " Blaqwhole " from Camaro6.

he claimed, before speedphenom got his car and the subsequent videos, that a C8, HRE, and ZLE will ALL outrun a gt500 on a dragstrip , bone stock for stock.

I told him, as my car is due in 14 days, we are both local to Atco

That Since he has 2 of the 3, and I have GT500, I will pay for a Private Rental of Atco, and take him to task
Since im poor and he is rich, he alrready stated no amount of $$ could be placed for him to take that bet.

As such, I said the stakes should then be, If the GT500 is faster, same track same day, he leaves the C6 forums never to return. If the GT500 is NOT faster than ALL of them, I would leave, never to return.

I was immidiatly banned, even after having been a member for over 6 years

Blaqwhole / Hell-tach

Do you still not want to take that bet, and make it for this forum instead?
Are you on SVT? If so you can imagine the SD on this. But this is a kinder, gentler, more civilized place and I have utilized the ignore function so as not to do something rash.

Enjoy your new addition and put up some big numbers at ATCO!

221 - 228 of 228 Posts