SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just want to ask about my Harmon Kardon in my charger HC ,where are the subs located in the charger? I have the Harmon system but the subs aren't in the trunk like the challenger. My system has tons of bass like one ,but where are they located?

·
Registered
2016 Challenger SRT Hellcat
196 Posts
What??? No bro that's where they are, under the trunk liner. They don't put them anywhere else... not from what I've seen. Should have your subs and emergency foamer/inflator there as well.

Edit: oh lol, they're in the seat?!

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
32 Posts
Rear deck. Like back in the day when you would slap a couple 6x9s in there and think you were the cat’s meow.

·
Registered
2016 Bright White Challenger
1,104 Posts
Challenger is in the trunk under the mat, for the charger they're standalone and bracketed to your rear seat, and cannot be removed easily like the challenger.

·
Registered
124 Posts
By any chance did you buy used? I ran across several cars where they were removed from the car and not returned at trade in. One dealership had thought I lost my mind when I said it was missing until we looked at another car on the lot together.
Chargers do not get subs in the trunk like Challengers.

I do believe some people have taken HK subs out of Challengers and done wiring work to use it on Chargers, but that's about it - nothing OEM is put in the trunk sub wise etc. for Chargers.

·
Registered
2016 Bright White Challenger
1,104 Posts
Chargers do not get subs in the trunk like Challengers.

I do believe some people have taken HK subs out of Challengers and done wiring work to use it on Chargers, but that's about it - nothing OEM is put in the trunk sub wise etc. for Chargers.
The reason being I think charger gas tank is in the way of sitting and the cab, where as the challengers they moved it forward under the "rear" seating. Charger doesn't have the same removable system in the trunk

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
895 Posts
I'm hoping I can find an "under seat" sub that fits. My stocker buzzes already.

·
Registered
2017 Daytona 392
89 Posts
Eh, so the "Beats" system (built by Kenwood I think) in my Charger does in fact have a trunk-mounted sub. It wouldn't really be missed, but it is there. Based on the responses above the HK system didn't get it.

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
The HK has always had the 8" sub on the rear parcel shelf. There are two 6x9's and two 3" tweeters up there also. The Beats had the small sub on the left or right side of the trunk. I had one in my 2013 RT R?T

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye NB
398 Posts
My 2019 hellcat charger has the HK system in the trunk!
None of the HK systems for the Charger came in the trunk well, only in the rear deck or in the trunk itself. This is what's being referenced..

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
21 Posts
I was wrong my sub is behind the rear seat. I got confused with my challenger wide body. Didn’t realize they were different makes sense though

1 - 16 of 16 Posts