SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
'22 Sinamon Redeye Standard Body
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got this in the mail today. They say they have to check the TPMS sensors as they may not work properly. I REALLY HATE taking my car into the dealership for any reason. Most of the time it comes back more screwed up than it went in. Especially If they have to pull the wheels off. I'm the kind of guy that checks my tire pressure regularly. Giving us some thought but I doubt I'll take it in.
Font Recipe Material property Paper Paper product

·
Registered
46 Posts
Got this in the mail today. They say they have to check the TPMS sensors as they may not work properly. I REALLY HATE taking my car into the dealership for any reason. Most of the time it comes back more screwed up than it went in. Especially If they have to pull the wheels off. I'm the kind of guy that checks my tire pressure regularly. Giving us some thought but I doubt I'll take it in.
View attachment 600326
All the hellcats built from Feb to July are linked to the TMPS recalls.

·
Registered
224 Posts
All the hellcats built from Feb to July are linked to the TMPS recalls.
Not necessarily, my was built in April, I haven’t got the notification (yet…) I‘be checked the Mopar app and haven’t been flagged…

I know, they could still review and make a determination that they may need to expand the population to address this issue…

Also, you may still be right and all of those hellcats could be impacted, perhaps what would make some of them not receive a recall notice is because they were repaired sometime, somewhere after the fact they were built and in transit which could also explain part ofsome of the random delays some people (including me) experienced…

Cheers

·
Registered
46 Posts
Not necessarily, my was built in April, I haven’t got the notification (yet…) I‘be checked the Mopar app and haven’t been flagged…

I know, they could still review and make a determination that they may need to expand the population to address this issue…

Also, you may still be right and all of those hellcats could be impacted, perhaps what would make some of them not receive a recall notice is because they were repaired sometime, somewhere after the fact they were built and in transit which could also explain part ofsome of the random delays some people (including me) experienced…

Cheers
I would agree with you here and there..
The good indicator will be your carfax History, because all of TPMS recalls were flagged via Carfax on 07/21/2022 and the all cats built (Feb-July) in transit will be eventually flagged after delivery if that makes sense.
  • FCA US LLC

• Manufacturer Safety recall issued
    • NHTSA #22V-504
    • Recall #Z68 2022 LA LD LX TPMS SENSOR
  • Click here for a copy of the owner letter for this Recall or call 1- 800-853-1403 if you have any questions or need additional information on this recall.
    Font Carnivore Screenshot Line Parallel
    Learn more about this recall

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat 6MT
502 Posts
I completely understand why you don't want to allow a dealer to lay hands on your car. Here is what I would do: nothing at this point. If batteries in your TPMS sensors do discharge prematurely (normally it should be 5+ years, depending on mileage), buy the sensors yourself (last time I checked they could be found for about $100 for the set of four if you look for them), take the wheels off yourself, and bring them to a trusted tire shop of your choice. If you don't have a trusted tire shop, you better find one as you will have to replace tires fairy often. After that, try to reimburse the expenses (Dodge will probably refuse, but I would live with that). There is a very good chance that you will have to (or want to) replace your (junk) stock tires before your TPMS sensors run out of batteries, in this case just install new sensors when you install new tires. That's what I would do. A hundred bucks is not worth letting the dealership to monkey with your car if you can avoid it, in my book.

·
Registered
'22 Sinamon Redeye Standard Body
2,884 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I completely understand why you don't want to allow a dealer to lay hands on your car. Here is what I would do: nothing at this point. If batteries in your TPMS sensors do discharge prematurely (normally it should be 5+ years, depending on mileage), buy the sensors yourself (last time I checked they could be found for about $100 for the set of four if you look for them), take the wheels off yourself, and bring them to a trusted tire shop of your choice. If you don't have a trusted tire shop, you better find one as you will have to replace tires fairy often. After that, try to reimburse the expenses (Dodge will probably refuse, but I would live with that). There is a very good chance that you will have to (or want to) replace your (junk) stock tires before your TPMS sensors run out of batteries, in this case just install new sensors when you install new tires. That's what I would do. A hundred bucks is not worth letting the dealership to monkey with your car if you can avoid it, in my book.
Great points 👍

·
Registered
569 Posts
If it ain't broke, don't fix it.
I agree. Just wondering why I didn’t get that same recall.

My dealership are F’kn assholes. I don’t trust them. They used to be awesome before the chip shortage. New car shortage and high used car prices.
Every dealership was/still is losing money so some dealerships try to screw loyal customers

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
288 Posts
So FCA changed the TPMS sensors in '22, probably to thrift the components, and they are not backward compatible with the older, proven ones, and now they have to replace them? Brilliant!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts