SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
'22 Sinamon Redeye Standard Body
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got this in the mail today. They say they have to check the TPMS sensors as they may not work properly. I REALLY HATE taking my car into the dealership for any reason. Most of the time it comes back more screwed up than it went in. Especially If they have to pull the wheels off. I'm the kind of guy that checks my tire pressure regularly. Giving us some thought but I doubt I'll take it in.
Font Recipe Material property Paper Paper product

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I completely understand why you don't want to allow a dealer to lay hands on your car. Here is what I would do: nothing at this point. If batteries in your TPMS sensors do discharge prematurely (normally it should be 5+ years, depending on mileage), buy the sensors yourself (last time I checked they could be found for about $100 for the set of four if you look for them), take the wheels off yourself, and bring them to a trusted tire shop of your choice. If you don't have a trusted tire shop, you better find one as you will have to replace tires fairy often. After that, try to reimburse the expenses (Dodge will probably refuse, but I would live with that). There is a very good chance that you will have to (or want to) replace your (junk) stock tires before your TPMS sensors run out of batteries, in this case just install new sensors when you install new tires. That's what I would do. A hundred bucks is not worth letting the dealership to monkey with your car if you can avoid it, in my book.
Great points 馃憤

Registered
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
If you don鈥檛 let the dealer fix the recall the DMV can suspend your registration

Even if they don鈥檛 they will not renew without the dealer signing off that it鈥檚 been done

Apparently they get notifications
Please cite your sources. Definitely fake news. In my 30 years of law enforcement, I've never seen a suspended registration for a recall. I don't know how these kinds of things get started.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts