SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
410 Posts
The factory Uconnect has the ability for SRT to track it and it will show you the vehicle location in the app on your phone. With the app on your phone you can lock and unlock your doors and remote start if your automatic.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
209 Posts
yep, the app is awesome!! Love it

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
209 Posts
yes both-- uconnect access
When you're in the car if you press the Assist button on the review mirror it will bring up the page on your nav, then you click on "uconnect care" and it connects you to a rep who will set your account up

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
28 Posts
yes both-- uconnect access
When you're in the car if you press the Assist button on the review mirror it will bring up the page on your nav, then you click on "uconnect care" and it connects you to a rep who will set your account up
is UConnect the subscription service with a monthly fee after the first free year?
I'd just put a "Tile" in the car somewhere. 1 time purchase on amazon and you get a few tiles you can use to put on / with an item to locate your wallet, keys, stolen Hellcat, significant other..etc
No monthly fee. Cat gets swiped, you open the app on your phone and call the cops and tell 'em where it is.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,166 Posts
is UConnect the subscription service with a monthly fee after the first free year?
I'd just put a "Tile" in the car somewhere. 1 time purchase on amazon and you get a few tiles you can use to put on / with an item to locate your wallet, keys, stolen Hellcat, significant other..etc
No monthly fee. Cat gets swiped, you open the app on your phone and call the cops and tell 'em where it is.
Yes, after one year, you need to renew for $149 if you want that to continue. IMO it is not worth it. Even if you have that, and you need them to locate your CAT, you have to jump through so many hoops, by the time that happens, your CAT is most likely long gone. Third party is probably the way to go.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
209 Posts
I'll renew it simply for the remote start capability. Stock remote start range sucks too much.
$149 is one less night out on the town for the entire year ;)

·
Have Guns Will Travel
Challenger SRT Hellcat
6,299 Posts
Money well spent.

·
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,014 Posts
I just watched the "Tile" video on their website. It's bluetooth based. If I understand it correctly if you had one in your car and it got stolen once you flagged it as missing it would require the car to be in bluetooth proximity of another Tile user in order for it to report a location. If this is indeed how it works it's useless to track a stolen car.

I've never used this thing but that's my understanding of how it works based on their video.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
85 Posts
I had the LoJack installed when I bought the car. It's a one time fee. Just more for piece of mind, a friend of mine is a deputy sherif he has the device on his car to pick up the signal and it works great.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
392 Posts
How much for LoJack?

·
NYS President
Challenger SRT Hellcat
9,004 Posts
I would be interested to find out how much LoJack will cost. Uconnect bleeps don't do it for me, my car means more to me than most things I have. It is part of the family

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
170 Posts
I use the uconnect and it works awesome. I also bought a cheap 9v plug that had a usb and gps tracker looks like a phone charger. I wanted something that wasn't obvious but will eventually be getting one that isn't dependent on the cars power so it can't be disabled by loss of power.

·
Registered
Charger SRT 392
422 Posts
Uconnect to track, then when you get the fuzz on the scene you activate lights and horn, all from uconnect iphone app. They're not going to disconnect the battery quickly enough to prevent identifying the car's location, and I suspect few would know to do this as preventative measure, anyway.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts