SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m looking to run the Conti’s in the front of my Hellcat but I’d like to know if they pair well with different drag radials in the rear like a Mickey Thompson, Toyo, or Nitto with no issues? For example people have paired Nitto drag radial tires in the rear with a matching set of tires like Nitto 555G2 up front, but I’m not sure if it would be wise to mix an NT 555G2 with other drag radial radials in the rear like Mickeys or Toyos? I’m sure a Nitto drag radial isn’t going to last as long as a G2 and when I want to try a different drag radial in the rear I would think the Conti’s would pair better. Has anyone else tried these pairings? If so, how did they work out?

·
HOTM Winner
Challenger SRT Hellcat
148 Posts
I'm currently running stock size Continental DSW All Seasons up front, with Michelin PS2 305/35R20's for the rear, and the handling is terrible whenever I get up into high speeds. But then, my rear tires are pretty worn down, so could most likely be because of that. Or it could be all season tires don't like to perform too well at high speeds (even though they are 106 Y rated).
Either way, if you get a different front tire, don't cheap out like I did, but get a high performance summer-only tire for your fronts instead.
At least that way it shouldn't really matter what you mix them with for rears.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm currently running stock size Continental DSW All Seasons up front, with Michelin PS2 305/35R20's for the rear, and the handling is terrible whenever I get up into high speeds. But then, my rear tires are pretty worn down, so could most likely be because of that. Or it could be all season tires don't like to perform too well at high speeds (even though they are 106 Y rated).
Either way, if you get a different front tire, don't cheap out like I did, but get a high performance summer-only tire for your fronts instead.
At least that way it shouldn't really matter what you mix them with for rears.

True thanks for sharing man. That’s why I was thinking of a good tire like the Conti ECS as they are a good reputable performance summer tire. The Michelin PS4S are good as well but they are 5lbs heavier per tire than the Contis, comparing them both in the 275 size.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat 6MT
130 Posts
I'm currently running stock size Continental DSW All Seasons up front, with Michelin PS2 305/35R20's for the rear, and the handling is terrible whenever I get up into high speeds.
How wide are your rear wheels? Stock?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,061 Posts
I had the Conti's up front in stock size and Mickey Thompson ET Street in the rear 305 size. It's a great set up for a daily driver.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had the Conti's up front in stock size and Mickey Thompson ET Street in the rear 305 size. It's a great set up for a daily driver.

Oh nice do you happen to have any pics of your car with those tires? Also how well do those MT’s hook from launches and low speed rolls? How long do they last you on average? Are they ok in the wet and stable at high speeds?

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat 6MT
130 Posts
You cannot run 305 on a stock 9.5" rim safely. If you do, don't be surprised that your car doesn't handle the way it should. It has been discussed here and everywhere else ad nauseam. Fell free to disregard...

·
Registered
18 Charger Hellcat
141 Posts
Yes, been running stock sized Conti DWS06 up front for about a year and a half with Nitto 555R's out back (on 20x11's). I also drag race with the same tires up front but MT ET-Rs in rear.

I dumped the Crapelli for Contis with 1500 miles on the car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts