SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm referring to the thing with the map lights, sunglasses holder, homelink and sunroof buttons. I'm looking for a good place to pull power for a radar detector, and I usually just tap into wires for the sunroof, because they are ignition switched and support a decent amount of current. It also gives me a good place to hide a fuse (whereas tapping into the mirror does not).

Anyway, does it just pull off with spring clips? Or is there a hidden screw somewhere? I looked and didn't see screws, but I don't want to break it.

·
Thread Killer
Charger SRT Hellcat
2,111 Posts
4 spring clips. just pull straight down.
you can tap into F982 circuit (fused ignition switch output). follow the wire from inline 14 way connector near base of right "A" pillar. F982 is a 20 guage pink/violet wire in cavity 12. this circuit is protected by a 15 amp fuse in the rear PDC (power distribution center). from same inline connector, you can tap into Z911 circuit (ground) 14 guage black/green wire in cavity 4.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,013 Posts
Thanks fnkychkn this is very useful info.

Any tricks to removing right a pillar? How about the cubby next to the A8 shifter to get to the neutral release.

I need to run some wires etc. but I'm paranoid about breaking the trim and from what I can see the Dodge online tech reference is ridiculously expensive. I'd really like an FSM for this thing (paper, disk or online) but they don't seem to have a reasonable option for mere mortals that just want to understand their carl.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
154 Posts
Yup easy as stated. I ran power from the homelink module to my radar detector with with a mirror tap cord (long cord needed). Works great.. Power is switched, but takes a minute to depower after car turns off.

Matt

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,013 Posts
Yup easy as stated. I ran power from the homelink module to my radar detector with with a mirror tap cord (long cord needed). Works great.. Power is switched, but takes a minute to depower after car turns off.

Matt
Glad to hear homelink power is switched. German cars are like that. My chevy truck keeps it powered all the time. If you park outside anybody can break into the truck and have instant access to your garage. That's just dumb design.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
you can tap into F982 circuit (fused ignition switch output). follow the wire from inline 14 way connector near base of right "A" pillar. F982 is a 20 guage pink/violet wire in cavity 12. this circuit is protected by a 15 amp fuse in the rear PDC (power distribution center). from same inline connector, you can tap into Z911 circuit (ground) 14 guage black/green wire in cavity 4.
Thank you! Incredibly helpful!

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

Matt
Does it turn on when someone opens a door? I had my wife help me program the homelink (I was on a ladder pressing the button on the garage door opener). I didn't have the ignition on when she was in the car, and she was still able to program it. I can only assume that Homelink "wakes up" when someone opens a door and the dash lights up.

·
Left Shark
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,141 Posts
So if someone breaks into your car, opens the door, they can get into your house/open the garage door....just what I thought...of course they will be met with lead and be made leaky if they try that at my house.

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So if someone breaks into your car, opens the door, they can get into your house/open the garage door....just what I thought...of course they will be met with lead and be made leaky if they try that at my house.
My previous 4 chrysler vehicles that had integrated homelink all worked without the ignition on. I haven't verified that the keys need to be near the car to enable it with the hellcat, but I tend to doubt it. The ignition doesn't need to go to ACC for homelink to wake up. So this isn't a new "feature" for 2015 or anything.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,662 Posts

I assume it comes off the same way on the 16's ?? I want to pull mine down and see if I can figure out what's buzzing like crazy when I start the car or have the radio cranked up - it's making me nuts !

Also, are the clips on the sides or the front (bit closest to the windshield) & back ? Just trying to figure out where to grab a hold of it & where there will be 'resistance' from the clips.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
499 Posts
Ay maybe some one can post a video on how to do some of these things once they have figured it out. you know help each other out.
The description is good but I too would like more on how to remove the spring clips.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
146 Posts
I assume it comes off the same way on the 16's ?? I want to pull mine down and see if I can figure out what's buzzing like crazy when I start the car or have the radio cranked up - it's making me nuts !.
Did you ever figure out the buzzing? Mine is doing the same thing. Driving me nuts. Thinking about pulling it down and covering the back with acoustic foam or something.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.