SRT Hellcat Forum banner
  • Hey Everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this months Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning I was stopping in at my local Starbucks for a coffee and this guy stops and asks if my car is a Hellcat. Yep, it sure is, the first and only one in town I tell him and it is bad a$$ and hella fast!!! LOL He was in a nice older Rustang and after he complimented my car he left the lot and tore rubber down the street. I had to laugh because I notice it happens a lot. I kinda thought he was going to lose control because it got a little squirrely. LMAO! Anyone have similar incident?

·
The Doctor is IN!
Challenger SRT Hellcat
234 Posts
I notice it more just cruising down the highway. 65 speed limit, cruising along in light congestion at about 75, all the beaters start trying to pass you and rev their little lawn mower engines.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
433 Posts
I recently had some douche in a mustang blast around me in heavy traffic and cut right into the half a car space in front of me. Had to slam on the brakes to avoid an accident. Made me so damn mad..... still mad about it!

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,255 Posts
I notice it more just cruising down the highway. 65 speed limit, cruising along in light congestion at about 75, all the beaters start trying to pass you and rev their little lawn mower engines.
That's one scenario where exhaust cut-outs (dumps) are going to be a whole lot of fun! It will be a chance to demonstrate what a real motor should sound like.

·
Premium Member
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,379 Posts
Here it's not other performance cars those owners seemed to respect.

Kids usually in small cars they modded,
some of that not too mutch.

More often it's been I don't know what to call them, last one VW Jetta, then there was Range Rover, then 328i or similar. Thing is they all do it unsafe, in traffic. Wierd.

·
The Punisher
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,043 Posts
All the time....on the highway, I get the cars coming up super fast next to me wanting to make a run...I don't bite. I think my favorite part of every conversation is when "they" (Insert any non Challenger owner) starts to talk about how poorly the car handles...yet they've never been behind the wheel of one and/or seen the latest articles.

"Yeah, it's fast BUT I hear it handles like a pig and can't corner at all...you can't really think it's a "real" sports car???"

Yep, get that all the time...

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,496 Posts
Here it's not other performance cars those owners seemed to respect.

Kids usually in small cars they modded,
some of that not too mutch.

More often it's been I don't know what to call them, last one VW Jetta, then there was Range Rover, then 328i or similar. Thing is they all do it unsafe, in traffic. Wierd.
Eurotrash.

·
Banned
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,773 Posts
Even though I do not have my HC yet, it happens to me with my SRT8. Also, douche bags driving minivans get really mad when I am riding on my motorcycle. It never fails. I cannot imagine the face of the guy that lives 2 blocks from my house when he sees me driving my sublime HC. Priceless !!! lol

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
3,449 Posts
One of the first and few times I was able to drive my car I was coming up behind a Chrysler 300 with 4 guys in it on a 4 lane highway. As soon as I got close to them the 2 guys in the back turned around and stared at me. I went to slowly pass them (understand it was late December in Wisconsin on a cold day) and as soon as I was next to them they started to try and race me. I kept my speed and then went around them as they looked at me smiling I just smiled at them.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
9,998 Posts
Mine was when I went to the auto parts store trying to get a green air filter. Kid behind the counter asked me how's it feel to know Ford is going out with something faster then your hellcat. I asked what car that was, he said the gt350, I laughed, then told him that has no chance of betting beating my hellcat, then he said it car rev up to 9000 rpms,, I laughed again,, then asked what he was driving, he said a 4 banger mustang, that he plans to drop aV8 in..again,I just smiled and left..

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,958 Posts
I have noticed this. I attribute it to jealousy, mainly. Although one day at home depot when I was parked, some dude came by and said to his wife "Look at that beautiful car! And I have to drive a POS, why can't I have a car like that?" Poor guy, I felt for him.....Life is too short to drive a POS.:D:D

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,958 Posts
Mine was when I went to the auto parts store trying to get a green air filter. Kid behind the counter asked me how's it feel to know Ford is going out with something faster then your hellcat. I asked what car that was, he said the gt350, I laughed, then told him that has no chance of betting beating my hellcat, then he said it car rev up to 9000 rpms,, I laughed again,, then asked what he was driving, he said a 4 banger mustang, that he plans to drop aV8 in..again,I just smiled and left..
I would have told him to give the crystal ball a rest already.....:D

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
2,958 Posts
This morning I was stopping in at my local Starbucks for a coffee and this guy stops and asks if my car is a Hellcat. Yep, it sure is, the first and only one in town I tell him and it is bad a$$ and hella fast!!! LOL He was in a nice older Rustang and after he complimented my car he left the lot and tore rubber down the street. I had to laugh because I notice it happens a lot. I kinda thought he was going to lose control because it got a little squirrely. LMAO! Anyone have similar incident?
Puffing his chest and ruffling his tail feathers for you Tammie!:eek::eek:

·
The Punisher
Challenger SRT Hellcat
1,043 Posts
That Ford G350R is one sweet car (projected)...

·
DRIVESRT.COM
Challenger SRT Hellcat
5,051 Posts
All the time....on the highway, I get the cars coming up super fast next to me wanting to make a run...I don't bite. I think my favorite part of every conversation is when "they" (Insert any non Challenger owner) starts to talk about how poorly the car handles...yet they've never been behind the wheel of one and/or seen the latest articles.

"Yeah, it's fast BUT I hear it handles like a pig and can't corner at all...you can't really think it's a "real" sports car???"

Yep, get that all the time...
Similarly so, I usually just ask what experience they've had driving a Challenger and then politely tell them to shaddup.

1 - 20 of 86 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.