SRT Hellcat Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it me or is this thing twitchy as hell when it comes to steering ? I feel like it’s overly sensitive ? Feels like I’m constantly fighting to keep it straight on the road . Not sure if it just takes some getting used to, it’s only been a month . Currently in sport steering for custom mode, which is what I usually cruise around in . What steering setting are you guys using for DD?

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
794 Posts
Selecting Sport Steering should not be an issue, but assume you have tried the other modes and there was no change.

Cross the two front tires and see if anything changes or the vehicle want to track in the opposite direction. You might have some runout issues (Road Force) with the tires. Always torque lug nuts to 115 Ft Lbs with a proper torque wrench so you don't potentially warp the rotors.

How is the tire balance at speeds, i.e. 70, 80, & 90??

Sounds like you also need to have the alignment checked. The factory cannot do an alignment on these vehicles after assembly, so the factory pays for one free alignment during the warranty period. If you do, post the printout.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Selecting Sport Steering should not be an issue, but assume you have tried the other modes and there was no change.

Cross the two front tires and see if anything changes or the vehicle want to track in the opposite direction. You might have some runout issues (Road Force) with the tires. Always torque lug nuts to 115 Ft Lbs with a proper torque wrench so you don't potentially warp the rotors.

Sounds like you also need to have the alignment checked. The factory cannot do an alignment on these vehicles after assembly, so the factory pays for one free alignment during the warranty period. If you do, post the printout.
Thanks .. I’ll have to try that . Gonna drop it off at the dealership and see what’s what . As far as the balance goes that all seems to be fine . I’ll keep you updated ..

·
Premium Member
2020 M6 HC
661 Posts
On day 1 I used sport steering and noticed the exact same thing. I mentioned it to the Service Mgr and he said put it in Street, which is where it has been since day 2. Sport steering is definitely not comfortable for normal driving.

·
Premium Member
2020 Challenger Hellcat Redeye Wide Body
9,740 Posts
Street steering here, no twitch. But now you have me curious. Going to use Sport today and see if it gets less stable.

·
Registered
2020 Challenger Hellraisin Scat Pack.
2,461 Posts
Is it me or is this thing twitchy as hell when it comes to steering ? I feel like it’s overly sensitive ? Feels like I’m constantly fighting to keep it straight on the road . Not sure if it just takes some getting used to, it’s only been a month . Currently in sport steering for custom mode, which is what I usually cruise around in . What steering setting are you guys using for DD?
For my 2018 Hellcat and my 2020 Scat Pack for DD I just left the setting in "street" mode.

The 2018 Hellcat had the old style power steering pump/hydraulically powered rack. The 2020 Scat Pack has the electric power steering system.

Neither car manifested any real twitchiness.

However, these cars come equipped with some rather large/wide tires -- and I'm talking about the standard body width models the wide body models come with even wider tires -- and they are more prone to wanting to wander/tramline compared to other vehicles I have owned or currently own that are fitted with narrower tires.

Be sure the tires are properly inflated. If the tires are uni-directional be sure all 4 tires are properly mounted.

Chances are high it is just a characteristic of the vehicle you need to get used to.

·
Registered
Challenger SRT Hellcat
65 Posts

I wasn't aware that an alignment was part of the 3/36 warranty. Is that written in the booklet?

·
Registered
Charger SRT Hellcat
1,642 Posts
Lol it’s called Tram lining 305 tires on the front that’ll do it. My Redeye does the same... my charger has 285s ps4s 10.5 reps on the front doesn’t do it at all. 305 fronts are nice for a pool table or a track day.. not crap pavement in my neck of the woods or probably yours as well.. if you give the car a little gas it helps without throttle it’s more noticeable coasting over undulating surfaces.

·
Premium Member
2020 M6 HC
661 Posts
Seriously, just put it in Street mode.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
They can do one under warranty.

How many miles, what tires and what pressures are you running? Mine, with 275s, was tramlining with 16,500 on the factory Pirellis. New Michelin PS4Ss took care of it.
305s stock tries .. not sure what they come with? They’re junk I know that much !

·
Registered
Challenger SRT 392
7,066 Posts
I wasn't aware that an alignment was part of the 3/36 warranty. Is that written in the booklet?
No, there is no 3/36 coverage for alignment.

FCA will normally give you one alignment in the first 12/12 if it needs it but really should be soon after taking delivery as the car was aligned when it left Brampton and if it's out of alignment now, they would probably figure impact damage.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
163 Posts
No, there is no 3/36 coverage for alignment.

FCA will normally give you one alignment in the first 12/12 if it needs it but really should be soon after taking delivery as the car was aligned when it left Brampton and if it's out of alignment now, they would probably figure impact damage.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
what the Man said... ^^

1 - 20 of 23 Posts